“great hotel great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box Block 33 B | Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Hurghada
Hastings, United Kingdom
“great hotel great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this lovely hotel.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped, we had room number 2028, which had a lovely pool view and was kept beautifully clean by mohammed who also was great at towel art!
Food was of good quality and varied daily, meal times were made by the great service we received from our waiter Fekry, who always made sure our glasses didn't run dry. It was lovely to eat outside at the end of November.
The jetty off the beach was wonderful and I managed to teach my husband to snorkle.
If you are looking for a lively resort this is not the place for you, however, if you want to relax in wonderful surroundings you should really enjoy this hotel

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

SEX ON THE BEACH. This is one of the cocktails that the Tropitel does not serve, but there are many others to chose from. Now I have your attention I will begin. My little slug pellet and I are just back from a fab week in Egypt. 15 - 22 November. At this time of the year don't expect blazing hot sun, but the temperature is good enough to come back to blighty with a glorious tan.
Is there such a thing as over attentiveness because that's what you get from all the hotel staff. I'm not complaining but when you have four or five of the staff from the waiters to the managers asking if everything is ok while you are having your meals, you run out of things to say. We were treated very well as everybody has previously said and nothing is to much trouble, always smiling and laughing. I can't remember names like other reviewers but they were all worth there weight in gold.
Yes the rooms are huge as is the bathroom with massive beds, great for not being in each others way. My little love bucket is a bit of a grunter and snorer in bed but I wasn't disturbed, thank god.
I did find there was a lot of wasted space in the reception area and in the lounge where the bar is, a lack of places to sit and have a drink, you'll see when you get there. The hotel was only a third to a half full so we always got a seat, but when the hotel is full it might be a problem.
The meals were good if not a little samey but there was always something to chose throughout the stay. There is a nice area outside of the main restaurant to sit for your meals, but, at night, (The sun goes down quite early at this time of year) if you sit outside to eat, you cannot see whats on your plate due to bad lighting. They do have candles on the tables outside but you may as well put a couple of glow worms in a jam jar for all the good they were doing. A minor point though. Remember, I tell it like it is.
There are two other restaurants you can also got to once a week. (but if you ask nicely you can go more times if you wish, just don't tell them I told you) The Mexican was ok for me and my little treasure, (I call her that because people ask where did I dig her up from!)(hope she doesn't read this) but we found the Italian more to our liking. The steak is wonderful and service great, you can make up your own mind, and you can eat at the Itailian at lunch time too with a shortened menu. Also there is a drinks and snack bar near the the beach, great to sit and people watch
Drinks. The drinks are the usual local brands, beer, wine and spirits and of course cocktails which you have a lot to choose from. I must say that once upon a time, Egypt was not renown for it's wine, it used to taste like something between paint stripper and cats u no wot (We've been eight times up and down the red sea resorts and never stayed at the same one twice) but here the wine is quite nice, red, rose and white, well her who must be obeyed liked it,.... a lot!!!
The ground and the swimming pools are great. Always clean and tidy and there was plenty of sun beds to go round. You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve them, but saying that some of our fellow holiday makers, who shall remain nameless, I'll just say they usually like potato soup, must have got up at midnight to put their towels on the sunbeds, nough said. Just remembered, you get free beach/pool towels, no deposit. change them every day at the little huts, or keep them for the week. One of the outdoor pools is heated so they say, not that you would notice though, could be one degree warmer but you soon get used to it.
On the beach are more sunbeds and little wicker pods. These little pods get you out of the sun and look very restful, I say look, because our potato soup gang were always there first. (I think they used to sleep in them so nobody else got a chance, quite a rude race really, us Brits are far to polite. Rule Brittania.
I read with interest Eljockey 101 review and Snorkel Addict's and I must agree with Snorkel Addict. There is a long, very well constructed pier that stretches over the reef, this as S.A. says is to stop people trampling over the precious coral. Does eljockey 101 realise how long coral takes to grow? obviously not. Its not a bad pier, it's a GREAT pier with a lovely area at the end for snorkelling. Sorry eljockey but you are wrong on all counts. It's safe swimming and snorkeling and the shallow waters at the beach end are ideal for young children. Stingray risk? what are you talking about... Oh yes, there is a life guard at the end of the pier at all times and free masks and snorkels, but not in great nick so get your own.
Did I mention I was a diver? well I am. There is a dive company on site called 'Titanic Diving' (of all the names they could have named the company they picked that one) anyway I dived with them and I must say they are as good as many of the dive companies on the red sea. You can get dearer companies and cheaper but these are P.A.D.I. accredited so they are safe. I you want to ask me more about them leave me a message.
Nearly finished, what do you mean 'thank god for that' If you fancy a walk along the prom in front of the hotel you can walk for miles on a nice paved area, or like us, take a free bicycle for two hours or an electric buggy,(buggy cost about a tenner.)
Now my one and only, I think, small complaint. There is a seisher bar, ok,I know I've spelt it wrong,( eljockey will have something to say about that, how sad) this bar is near to the beach area up two floors on the roof, ok so far. this is where they put the entertaintment in the evening. the usual belly dancing, swirling derviche, disco etc, still ok but. they serve the drinks here in flimsy plastic tumblers,WHY? nothing is worse for me and my Ada to dress up in our finest Primark gear and have our drinks in PLASTIC glasses. Management please note. We are not children so give us the proper glasses. Rant over.
This resort is a little off the beaten track but it is a great resort, remember, five star Egypt is four star British, You will not be disapointed, give it go. Me and the love of my life are in our sixty's going on twenty one. So, until next time Adios and don't forget your sun screen.

'

Room Tip: Our room was 3022. Its on a corner with great views of the sea and pool, We didn't ask for it, w...
Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just back after 7 days and must contradict the previous review. Yes it is a long pier, very solidly built, the purpose of which is to stop people from trampling on the coral. Around 2/3 way down are some steps to the right with a handrail which take you into the sea before you get to the coral reef. The sea in this area is a lovely turquoise blue and excellent and safe for sea swimming. The end of the pier has a floating platform for access for people who want to snorkel. Yes people do congregate there to sit look at the fish but a simple excuse me usually works. Do not let the previous review put you off this hotel has a superb sandy beach better than most Egyptian resorts and the jetty is a bonus not a problem. The pools and rooms are also delightful and you can eat at the Italian Restaurant, beach bar and main restaurants at lunchtime. The view from the Sisha bar which overlooks the sea will be incredible when the light nights arrive. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.
Thank you to all the hotel managers and staff who were the most attentive and helpful that we have ever encountered. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a quality relaxing break in a quiet area at a good price. Jan and Chris Room 3022

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just returned home today from a nice vacation. Nice and very clean rooms, excellent food, kind staff, nice garden - we'll come back next year. One constructive criticism is the bad pier. The water is too shallow so people need to use the pier (the water is way too shallow for swimming or fun, stingray risk, etc.). Unfortunately the steps leading from the pier into the deeper water are way too narrow. Those who cannot swim well or swim at all stay at the side of those steps (soaking in the water) - and they are numerous - blocking the path to enter the water (even now when the hotel is far from being full). I have seen several injuries happen at those steps. Other constructive criticism are the numerous grammatical errors: "we recognizes" instead of "we recognize" (quoted from the hotel's own Tv presentation), etc. I'm not a native English speaker, but there are many mistakes. It's a pity that such an excellent hotel allows such pity mistakes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went to tropitel 1st-12th November.
On arrival we didn't get our drink or towel to cool us down.
Fast check in taken to room it was lovely everything you would need. Our room 4032 my husband couldn't remember our room number.
Think first impressions of dining wasn't to good seemed bit mad. Went to the lobby bar had few drinks very good service by Ahmed Sayed they really looked after us thank you brilliant staff.

The room as amazing tv with footy channels my husband was delighted.
Room interior was lovely the shower was wonderful mini bar free cans in water left everyday.
The room boy was excellant sorry not got his name cleaned the room excellently did animals with the towels.

Loved pool area but we didn't use it we like the beach was up nice early no problem to get sunbeds think the pods were the ones everyone wanted.

Beach lovely with great jetty for snorking.

Great service at the beach bar haven't got names but they really look after us working very hard they know what your drink is before you ask big thank you guys.

Lobby bar thank you Ahmed Sayed great guys great service.

I'd like to take time to highlight the man who cleans the beach bar toilets and all the toilets in the hotel he does this all day just going from one to the next he does excellant job who would do that job in England no one. You deserve a pay rise. Thank you.

The waiters in the buffet very cheerful friendly thank for excellant service nothing to much trouble.
Food was great loads of meat chicken such good variety of food thanks to all the chefs you do excellant job also.

I also want to highlight the two young man in the restaurant who clean the floors in the buffet area every day they go round brushing up any food dropped and any spills clean up. What excellant workers they are. Thank you for you both for cleaning all the areas. These people don't get recognised on reviews.

Overall hotel very good would come back again.
Thank you Ibrahaim for getting us a late check out on our room.

So all you british reading this go to Egypt it's safe friendly and the need the british to go back your very safe in resort no problems.

Last comment went with thomas cook for the first time it was ok but coming home we were left in the hotel waiting for the coach which was 45 mins delayed not good enough. And after booking they said we had to land in gatwick get off the plane go through security all again to get back on the same plane so will not be using thomas cook again. Going to Egypt again in 3 weeks with thomson first choice I'm very happy travelling with them.

Missed out Mexican restaurant great food service try it it's wonderful.
Italian restaurant nice also I preferred Mexican.

Also it's 24 hour all inclusive even tea coffee anything you want they give nuts crisps with your drinks just little touches make a difference.

Room Tip: We were very happy with pool view and we also could see the beach it was lovely. Sunshine on the bal...
Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is located in a very quiet area - you can't walk out to a supermarket etc. But the area is full of high quality hotels and this one certainly is.

The rooms are spacious and have lots of storage space, their is a safe that is easy to use, the TV has a decent selection of English TV programmes and the bathrooms are large with a shower and a bath. Our room was cleaned daily by the very friendly Amir Khan who also suprised us with a variety of towel art creations. On my birthday their was also a bunch of flowers in the room.
For my birthday meal we had booked the Mexican restaurant and we were not dissapointed, the Fajitas came out a sizzling plate and were very tasty. The staff also provided a birthday cake and song. We also ate at the Italian and we were very suprised at how quiet it was as the food was also very good. The only complaint we would have is that you are limited to one visit to each per week -especially when the hotel is so quiet. The buffet had a BBQ outside every night as well the cooking station. Staff here were very attentive and Al Azab would know what drinks we wanted depending on which meal it was - tea at breakfast, diet cokes at lunch, and wine and beer at night.
After dinner you could drink in the Sisha tent where the entertainment took place, but we found this to be generally full of Russians who obiviously like very loud music. So we would retire to the very smart lobby bar area. There is waiter service here and Sayed soon became our friend, very chatty and always joking when serving your drinks.
The pool areas were clean and the heated pool was welcoming for a winter swim. Sunbeds were plentiful except for the popular beach area. As well as sunbeds there are tentbeds and eggchairs for a novelty experience. The jetty was a nice walk but the sea was choppy - this didn't stop the Russians though!

We really rated this hotel but there were some issues -
Russian guests (not the hotels fault I know) are very rude and don't know how to queue.
Egyptian guests (as above) have some rather disgusting hygene habits.
Not enough a la carte restaurants or reservations.
Beach area is too small - all sunbeds were gone before dawn!
Beach bar does food but not a great variety.
No pizza in the buffet restaurant.
Shops are a total rip off - this is not helped by the remote location as you cannot just nip out to the supermarket like some other resorts.
Despite these issues we will definately recommend the hotel and may well return ourselves.

Room Tip: Ask at reception if you can keep your room on for a late check out.
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were traveling 3 persons and were living in 1 room.
Hotel doesn't have standard triple rooms, but they can bring extra bed which is same comfortable as standard ones.
We discovered that's really nice to sleep on balcony, we put 1 bed there :) Just make sure you have some protection from mosquitos as at night they might bite (but we didn't see too many of them).

Advice to other travelers - please don't go for just 7 days only, as it's not enough to fully enjoy this place, you should take at least 12 days . We didn't have a chance to take more than 7 days and were very sad to leave as those 7 days passed incredibly fast...

One of the best things about this hotel - wonderful personnel - very polite, always smiling, helpful and never annoying. If you want to be alone, even at the beach - nobody will disturb your rest, except only other tourists... But as hotel has big territory, everyone can find a place to hide ;)

I'm also very thankful to hotel's doctor Mohamed B., who perfectly and very fast cured my leg after sea urchin (I guess it's correct name) "bite". So if you have some health issues or injuries during your vacation, make sure you visit hotel's doctor - he is an outstanding professional with great experience and skills.

I liked everything about this hotel.
And I will come back, no doubt.

Room Tip: Our room (Deluxe Twin+extra bed) was 3045 - very quiet room with desert and sea views. Wonderful for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!