“It just keeps getting better!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh to your Saves list
Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box Block 33 B | Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #9 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
“It just keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from another 3 wonderful weeks at this hotel. Just when you think the staff cannot make you feel anymore special and valued they keep finding ways to do just that.

Every single member of staff at this hotel is a credit to its management team. Who in turn are the most amazing hotel managers I have ever experienced, taking time each day to talk to their guests and genuinely wanting to ensure that they are having a good time.

We have now spent a total of 10 weeks at this hotel and have never experienced any sort of tummy problems. So please don't let recent reviews but you off.

The hotel was quiet but the quality nor care did not suffer as a result so please don't let recent problems in Egypt put you off going and experiencing some wonderful hospitality.

There are so many wonderful staff it is hard to mention each and everyone but special thanks to Sayed and Ali for making it extra special; and as alway to Yousri and George for taking the time to make sure we had another memorable holiday.

See you in April we truly can't wait to be back. Be wrk and Clive

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my friend, booked two rooms and started our journey from Cairo.
It's very very long tiring jorney, I wouldn't recommend going by anything but a plane.
We reached there late at night, welcomed by the reception and got our rooms, was very fast.
The guy carried our luggage explained in berief things around and we spent the first night quickly exploring things out there.
When we reached it was dinner time about to end and when we went there, there was almost nothing left for us.
One of the two pools was under maintenance and the pool was over crowded with people, so we decided to go to the beach and we didn't visit the pool, all our stay long.
Sales guys were everywhere, but they were polite and not buggy though.
The beach has very long jetty to reach in the burning sun, and most of the time specially in the morning, the water is too high for no swimmers.
But at noon it's pretty amazing.
Meals time, specially lunch are terrible, you will have to cut your relaxation time to go have a lunch meal from 12 to 3.
Food varieties were not much and plates cleanness was an issue.
Food quality was accepted to good sometimes, but not any near to 5 stars hotel.
Due to the problems in Egypt, there was very hot offers for Egyptians (in Egyptian btw) but that made the hotel more like a kinder garten with kids roaming all around you and people speaking very very loudly and you privacy is breached very easily, you has to stay for very late night to enjoy quietness and peace.
Though,
Hotel is really very spacious.
Rooms are very good and the view was amazing.
Staff was nice and cleaning service are very good.
You have very good TV, with very nice TV channels.
The stay was amazing and the view was perfect.
They should take care about cleaning issue more.
Definitely will come back again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ruined my holiday by a stomach bug picked up at the hotel not just my family but others to! Had to pay expensive doctors fee be put on a drip. One of the Swimming pools were closed due to being unsafe. Reps constantly mithering around the pool for spa treatments the list goes on.....
Its put me off going abroad it was a very bad experience and it wasn't cheap!
I noticed a few reviews had been removed mentioning the stomach bug so I hope mine stays on so people are aware of this specially travelling with young children.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was our third visit to the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh, so you will realise that we like it! Please see my two other reviews to save me repeating myself.

Firstly, just a couple of negatives:

It was a shame that the pool with the swim up bar was closed for essential repairs. However, the work took place after sundown and did not continue beyond midnight. Thereby causing as little disruption to guests as they possibly could.

Whilst we were there, they had a large number of Egyptians staying with children and although we had timed our holiday to be out of British school holidays to avoid masses of children, we failed to take into account the Egyptian term-times! Having said that, although they were boisterous they were much more polite and respectful than a lot of British kids would have been but it was very busy in the main restaurant and around the pool for the weekend they were there.

Now for the positives:

We had emailed and advised of our return and we were warmly greeted on our arrival. Our room, as requested, was on a high floor (5023) with a fabulous pool and sea view. It was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed (huge) was a little hard for my taste (although my husband was happy with it), Samir (Executive Housekeeper) immediately arranged a replacement mattress which was a little softer and fabulously comfortable for us both.

Samir walks around the hotel every day checking things are as they should be. He sought us out each day to ask if everything was okay: was our room to our liking, how was the new mattress, did we like the fresh flowers in our room for our anniversary, were we having a good anniversary - if there was anything we wanted he was immediately on his phone getting things sorted. Amazing service - thanks Samir!

There has never been a problem for us with getting sunbeds around the pool. We do get up rather early but would never try to sit by the pool before 8.30am and find that there are very few beds reserved at that time. In fact, there were plenty of sunbeds available throughout the day and one day we spent the whole day at the beach and counted only a dozen or so people there. They have a few sunloungers in the water in a shallow pool which I found to be particularly relaxing (this was the first time I had managed to do this as on previous visits they were always fully occupied).

We were able to eat lunch every day in the Italian restaurant, which was peaceful and calm and the menu has much improved on our previous two visits (choice of 2 soups/3 salads for starters and 2 pastas/4 pizzas for mains). We only lunched in the main Palm restaurant on two occasions (once was a bbq which was lovely) just to "make a change" but didn't feel as if our lunches were too samey at the Italian due to the improved menu choices available. Snacks are also available at the Beach Bar but we only did this on our last day.

We had our two inclusive a la carte meals at the Mexican and the Italian - the Indian is still not yet open. The Mexican as everyone says is fabulous and their deep fried ice-cream is delicious. The Italian we feel has improved greatly since our first visit a year ago - both in menu and service. We dined at the Italian on our wedding anniversary and were made to feel special - I had their steak which was cooked to perfection.

The building of a Jetty has been a major improvement and allowed me to go snorkelling, which I felt I couldn't do on previous visits due to the long, difficult walk across uneven ground to get out to the lagoon. I went early in the morning before it got busy and saw lots of different fish. However, great care needs to be taken as the steps into the water are very slippery and could cause an accident. I did slip both on entering and leaving the water but I was firmly holding the handrail and this prevented me from falling. This probably needs looking at and an antislip surface added to the lower steps to prevent the problem.

We had fantastic service from all departments. A few names who stood out were: Sayed at the Pool bar, Fekry and Hany in the Palm restaurant, Ali in the Lobby bar, the egg station chef at breakfast who cooked our omelettes and fried eggs exactly the way we wanted (sorry I've forgotten his name), the chef in the Italian (again, forgotten name, sorry)...the best penne arabiata at lunch and steak at dinner!

A lot of people have been put off going to Egypt with the current "troubles". However, there is no sign of any problems at all. Sadly though, due to low occupancy, this has meant a lot of hotels are closing; some people have been moved from where they were originally booked into different hotels. Sahl Hasheesh is a lovely quiet resort, but it is still in its infancy and not fully developed and also a fair distance from Hurghada. This won't suit everyone but it does suit us.

If you're after a relaxing break in a good standard hotel then please don't hesitate - book it and enjoy! We were already booked to return next March and this holiday was a last minute decision - we didn't regret it, we had a fantastic time and we're looking forward to our return in 6 months' time....Samir - book that mattress for us now please!

Room Tip: High floors will have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is amazing
I stayed in room 5063 and my friend in room 5061, both had excellent views
Rooms are very spacious and very well furnished
I liked the bathroom a lot
Very spacious too
A nice welcome note on the tv with ur name and on the phone too
There is these amazing tents and swings on the beach
We slept there once
My only point of disadvantage was cleanliness and food
The dishes were ALWAYZ not clean and when I asked for the room to be arranged they didn't change the sheets except when I asked again and specified literally that sheets need to b changed
Yet when the room service guy came he changed them as requested
The food quality and variety was very poor
The beach of course is very shallow as the case with any hotel on the Red Sea
Yet the overall experience was amazing and they view from me room was wow
I loved my stay
Loved staying on the beach at night watching the stars and sleeping in this AMAZING tent
F they can only take more care of the cleanliness especially of the dishes and the food quality and variety they would b missing absolutely nothing
I also liked the automated do not disturb and clean my room buttons instead of signs and the staff were very committed they never ring even f u ask for them as long as the do not disturb button is on
The hotel is very well furnished and equipped
I certainly loved it

Wirral, Merseyside
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Oh how i will not miss the sound of whizzers and screaming kids..
Arrived late to be shown to our Seaview Room. Bags arrived later. Room was good the bathroom a good size. I went to look at the Seaview, and was greeted by a view of a closed and drained pool with workmen with flood lights, whizzers plenty of dust heaving out the old tiles - lovely.
I rang reception to complain and they said "if you wait until the morning madam you will be able to view the sea". We couldn't even if we strained our necks and looked hard to the left. After viewing a couple of rooms they offered us a room on the 4th floor with seaview. We then had to complain about the patio door not locking and the toilet not flushing. Great start. Beds are really hard along with pillows very little comfort.
Meal times were a nightmare ive never seen people so desperate to fill their plates. As the chicken was being cooked on bbq a man took the tongs and tried to take it off and argued with the bbq chef. There were kids everywhere screaming, running about 50 in total. I had my plate knocked out of my hands. We started eating very late to try and avoid the noise.
Only half a main pool is available at present. The half that is available also has some missing tiles so that will probably be next.
We used the kid pool to cool off in as there were no kids there and when we dried off found the blue paint stayed on your feet and hands it did shower off.
Even if the kids were not at the pool the reps for beauty or massage will interrupt you each day. One is particularly persistent and asks how much you pay for your holiday, how much is your camera and then tells you how you can easily afford a treatment.
Ants run around freely and if they bite you might like me have an allergic reaction thanks to anti histamine no medical treatment needed.
One member of staff was great we got two bikes for a ride and of course one of the tyres were flat he helped to get it blown up for us as the guy with the white polo shirt walked away. He helped us find our way around and seemed to pop up everywhere always with a smile. Thanks for making this trip bearable - Muhammed Affitar.
A la carte restaurants are good but lack ambience. A mexican restaurant should play mexican music and serve mexican drinks. Again fawlty towers kicked in the locals staying there all decided to cut through past our table staring at what we were eating, I thought someone would pull up a chair at any minute.
Animation very old hat "Who in the audience can bring me...- so boring.
I paid a lot for this trip as it was booked before the troubles.
IF YOUR BOOKING HURGHADA check the hotel your booking is open. Eveyone on our transfer was going to different hotels.

Never Again.....

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from another wonderful holiday at Tropitel. This is our second visit and will not be our last. We were so warmly welcomed by Management and Staff it was like coming home, everyone was so friendly to us it was great. The hotel is very clean and the food was very good, my friend Linda is a veggie and had no problems with meals. Our room person Mohamed would delight us every day with his towel creations and kept our room very clean (4032). Thank you Mohamed. We used the Italian and Mexican restaurants and found them both very good, the choices of food and service were excellent. The Jetty at the beach was fantastic and a vast improvement on last year. The snorkelling was brilliant saw lots of beautiful coloured fish and even saw an octopus hiding in the coral. The fresh water shower on the jetty was a brilliant idea, well done to whoever suggested this. So thank you Tropitel, see you all again next year. Margaret and Linda.

Room Tip: We have been on the ground floor and the 3rd floor and rooms have been very good in both cases. Lif...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!