“brilliant hotel & with fantastic friends” 5 of 5 stars

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box Block 33 B | Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #10 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
tamworth
“brilliant hotel & with fantastic friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

well i will start with the bad things,1) we only went for one week we needed another week to get over how much fun we have the first week with friends we met zena and jim, jane and rob. We stopped over New Year's Eve the garla was absolutley fantastic, well done to all the chefs. The hotel room was beautiful, modern and very clean. We have been to Egypt 8 times and this was the best hotel we have stopped in, we would like to thank Mina the bar manager who was amazing and a good friend. Also would like to give a big thanks to the manager Mr yoursy who every day asked if we were ok and if we needed everything, just like to say to him more peanuts next time haha. We have never known to have a manager come and ask us if we were ok so much in Egypt he was lovely. we spent most of our days on the beach were the staff was very good to us and it is a beautiful and relaxing beach. We would like to thank the Mexican and Italian restaurant staff for being so kind to us. There was a wide variety of food and if you wanted a change from the buffet there was different restaurants to try. The free shuttle bus service at 7pm was a very nice and welcoming trip to Hurghada where you could do some shopping, different restaurants and bars. We will be returning to this hotel it was brilliant thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: 3014 perfect room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This review is overdue! We stayed here in November 2012 and had a really great time. One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because other holiday makers had been saying what a great hotel it was when we were coming back from Hurghada last June.
We booked with Thomas Cook and got a good deal. I emailed the hotel prior to our holiday to request a double bedded room. I got a reply from George Kaiser (Mr George) to say we had a double room with a lovely view....and that is what we got.
Room was lovely, spacious and spotless the balcony was very spacious. The bathroom too was very nice, bath with shower and a separate shower cubicle, no fighting over who was in the shower first! There was even tea/coffee etc in the room.
We have stayed in Sharm and Hurghada over the last 10 years and this hotel was one of the best we have stayed in.
We ate in the Mexican one of the nights..the chef was very nice he even came over to talk to us. We told him we'd had a lovely meal and would be back!
Italian: We ate here at lunch times, the pizza's were nice. In the evening we had another good meal.
Main restaurant: Always had a good breakfast and meals there. Our thanks must go to Victor, he goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and special.
The hotel staff and management all work so hard to make sure your stay is a pleasant one.

We are already planning our next stay in Egypt and although we try different hotels this time we plan to go back to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh.
Thank you to Mr Yousry, Mr George and all staff for making our holiday special. We have good memories and hope to be back soon. Mr Mrs C.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
merseyside england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just returned home after a two week stay at the fabulous tropitel sahl hasheesh hotel, our stay commenced 28/12/12, so we enjoyed the fantastic New Years Eve Gala which was an excellent night,the food was amazing from king size shrimps and sushi to roasted jionts of beef, and everything you can think of in between all the hotel staff and managers had put in a great effort. Meeting some good friends also made it more enjoyable (Hayley and Tom) and (jane and Rob) enjoyed your company very much.

ROOMS
We stayed in room 3044 which was wonderful with views of the sea and the pool, they were cleaned daily to a good standard with towel art everyday.
Rooms and bathrooms are quite a good size. There is kettle in your room, but no iron and ironing board, but we called reception and were given one in our room free of charge for the rest of our stay.

FOOD

The hotel has a mexican and an italian restaurant which you can use if you need a change from the buffet restaurant, as we stayed two weeks we were given two speciality restaurant vouchers per week, we found both of these restaurants lovely.
The beach bar has snacks from eleven in the morning (chips burgers chicken etc), and from 1pm the Italian is open for pizza which are really nice.

STAFF

The best thing about this hotel is the staff from house keeping to managers.
Iwould like to say a big thank you to (lobby bar) Mina, ahmed(s) Ibriham and george, they all made are stay so much more enjoyable,
(beach bar) Ahmed, thank you for bringing me my coffee to my sunbed each morning with out even having to ask.
(animation Team) Mido, Zico and team, we enjoyed your company.

Finally to the manager Mr Yousry, Thank you for your hospitality never have we before experienced a manager who shows he really cares about what his guests think, always making sure we were ok and had everything we needed. You have an excellent team working with you.

Room Tip: Room 3044 quiet of a night and had good views.
doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week in this hotel over new year... Where do i start from the moment we arrived to the end everything was fab.The staff,the food,the people we met all fantastic....A little mention to a few members of staff.Hassan (Andy cole!!!) pool and sunbed man made our stay extra special,Ahmed pool bar,Hany and Fekry restaurant.All lobby bar staff and Mido and his staff in animation all amazing and looked after us so well....The new years eve gala dinner was fantastic so well organised and the food was to die for.Thank you to all managers for that...I would highly recommend this hotel.We will be back!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went for an all-inclusive seven night break here and had a lovely time. It was October 2012 and half the hotel was closed so there was an abundance of space around the swimming pool. The hotel itself was very clean and beautifully set on a delightful stretch of the Red Sea. I would highly recommend this hotel.

We opted for a club room which was spacious and had a mini-bar containing complimentary soft and alcoholic beverages as befits the all-inclusive package.

The swimming pool is huge and, again, beautifully designed to mimic a beach in areas.

The only gripes I had were minor and didn't really spoil the holiday. They were the fact that when you put the 'Do Not Disturb' light on the door, they won't knock on the door but telephone instead to tell you they are outside your door. Fairly pointless if you don't want to be disturbed. Also (and hotels should know better in this day and age) they charge around £40 for wireless internet access in your room which you have to have really as the free internet in the public areas is torturously slow and basically unusable. Wireless internet should really be standard.

However more importantly the service is friendly and the food is great. A really superb hotel.

Room Tip: Club rooms are great but any room near the beach will be affected by noise from the nightclub or bea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and i travel to Egypt regularly, we have stopped in many hotels in Sharm, El Gouna, Hurghada. This was one of the best i've stayed in. The staff were very friendly,the food was excellent,the room was beautiful. I came back and booked again for July

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I returned from Egypt last night and I am already missing the presence of the wonderful staff I met there. I vacationed there with my family for one week, during the Christmas period. I travel a lot, and work in hotels myself but what truly impressed me at Tropitel was the genuine warmth and constant friendliness of the staff. We couldn't wait for the next day to meet Mido and Abdul, who always engaged us in fun activities and games at the pool and on the beach. For me they were like part of the group and we could hang out with them all day. I am sorry I couldn't properly say goodbye. In the restaurant, the staff was very professional and service oriented. They were paying a lot of attention and always remembered you, recognized you and called you by your name, spoke your most accessible language (if possible), and after 2nd day already knew your preferences without having to ask. Among the restaurant team I would like to mention Victor and Emad, for their impeccable service, while Hassan was always the heart and smile of the place and we liked him very much and were always waiting for him to pass by. I was not satisfied with the food and beverages quality and diversity, and that seemed to be the general opinion in the hotel, but to be honest I never left the table starving, and this issue did not spoil my vacation. The hotel is new and the occupancy was not very high during our stay, it was nice, peaceful and we were happy to have space to participate in all the activities organized.
The room was perfect. I would like to thank Nassar for that, he was really going out of his way to accommodate us and asked for feedback whenever he would meet us anywhere in the hotel. He was great! And Mohamed with the turndown service as well. I noticed a few flaws here and there, mostly at the reception and guests relations. I could feel the hotel is still probably working on training or regulations and standard procedures, but I appreciated their quick reactions to feedback.
With this I'd also like to thank Hassan at the pool for always being friendly, helpful and very attentive with my father, and Ibrahim at the Front Office; he was knowledgable about the property, always ready to help and very sociable.
Although the property is very beautiful, the food and remote location would not really make me wish to return, but the staff definitely does the trick! Congratulations guys and a happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!