“super christmas break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Preston, United Kingdom
“super christmas break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and i travel to Egypt regularly, we have stopped in many hotels in Sharm, El Gouna, Hurghada. This was one of the best i've stayed in. The staff were very friendly,the food was excellent,the room was beautiful. I came back and booked again for July

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I returned from Egypt last night and I am already missing the presence of the wonderful staff I met there. I vacationed there with my family for one week, during the Christmas period. I travel a lot, and work in hotels myself but what truly impressed me at Tropitel was the genuine warmth and constant friendliness of the staff. We couldn't wait for the next day to meet Mido and Abdul, who always engaged us in fun activities and games at the pool and on the beach. For me they were like part of the group and we could hang out with them all day. I am sorry I couldn't properly say goodbye. In the restaurant, the staff was very professional and service oriented. They were paying a lot of attention and always remembered you, recognized you and called you by your name, spoke your most accessible language (if possible), and after 2nd day already knew your preferences without having to ask. Among the restaurant team I would like to mention Victor and Emad, for their impeccable service, while Hassan was always the heart and smile of the place and we liked him very much and were always waiting for him to pass by. I was not satisfied with the food and beverages quality and diversity, and that seemed to be the general opinion in the hotel, but to be honest I never left the table starving, and this issue did not spoil my vacation. The hotel is new and the occupancy was not very high during our stay, it was nice, peaceful and we were happy to have space to participate in all the activities organized.
The room was perfect. I would like to thank Nassar for that, he was really going out of his way to accommodate us and asked for feedback whenever he would meet us anywhere in the hotel. He was great! And Mohamed with the turndown service as well. I noticed a few flaws here and there, mostly at the reception and guests relations. I could feel the hotel is still probably working on training or regulations and standard procedures, but I appreciated their quick reactions to feedback.
With this I'd also like to thank Hassan at the pool for always being friendly, helpful and very attentive with my father, and Ibrahim at the Front Office; he was knowledgable about the property, always ready to help and very sociable.
Although the property is very beautiful, the food and remote location would not really make me wish to return, but the staff definitely does the trick! Congratulations guys and a happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I have returned from the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh, after a weeks stay from the 14th December. We went as a celebration for her 30th birthday and upon arrival, there was a birthday cake in the room as promised. The resort is up and coming so is quiet at the moment, but this is just what we wanted. The rooms are amazing, definitely 5* and the best standard of hotel we have stayed in. Every member of staff we had dealings with were amazing and couldn't do enough for you. Special thanks to George the front office manager, mr hoisseiny the bar and restaurant manger, mina in the lobby bar, mido from the animation team, hassan the pool towel attendant. They all went out of their way to make sure our every need was catered for. This hotel was the cleanest we've ever stayed in too, someone is always out cleaning, making sure the hotel is kept immaculate. We stayed in room 3046, which had a huge balcony overlooking the pool. The room was amazing and huge for the 2 of us. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Also thanks to khalid, the Thomas cook rep, really friendly and knows his stuff. No pressure to buy excursions, and also had a few beers together in his time off. Credit to the company/hotel.

If you want a nice relaxing stay, where you are treated like a king, then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Not great for children, more of an adult resort. But kids are welcome.
West Malling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Let me say first, that we did not stay at the Tropitel, but ate at their two a-la carte restaurants and drank in their bar. We were in Sahl Hasheesh staying in our self catering apartment, and choose to spend 3 evenings out of our 7 eating at the Tropitel.
The hotel was not finished when we visited last year, therefore me and my husband were very eager to try it, as it is right next door to our apartment complex!
We went to reception and asked if it would be a problem to eat at their restaurants, we were told it would be no problem at all, and were given the card of the assistant manager of the hotel for any future inquiries. The reception staff were very helpful and nice, and told us in no uncertain terms that we were very welcome to use their facilities (be that eating in their restaurants, using their pool or using their limousine).
The first restaurant we tried was Pomodoro, the Italian. The meal was good, pasta was cooked al dente although it isn't true authentic Italian food. Some dishes came out not how we had expected them, although that is not to say that it was a bad plate of food. We also got desserts on the house, which was very nice icecream and macedonia (fruit salad). The meal was reasonably priced, at around £25 a head for two courses and some drinks.
We went to the Mexican the following night and I was impressed. The food was very authentic and the portion sizes were good. Again the waiters/waitresses were attentive and the food came out quickly. The price was much the same as the Italian.
The one thing that struck us about both the restaurants was the lack of people. Each time we were there, we were pretty much the only people in there, I presume this is because they both incur additional costs to the all inclusive price. They are both worth a visit, especially the Mexican, so please visit them if you stay there!!
Both nights we retired to the bar in the lobby and tried some of their cocktails, which were all good! The barmen were really nice, with a brilliant grasp of English, which helped!
Everywhere we visited on site was immaculate and very pretty, and all the staff were very helpful.
One more thing, their limousine service is well worth it, if you want to visit the Senzo mall for some shopping or into Hurghada for souvenir shopping. The driver is very friendly and their prices are reasonable for the distance.

serpukhov
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

First of all I should say that it's rather difficult to express in words all the spectrum of emotions I have. But I'll do my best. I was going to this hotel awfully tired and exhausted, in a bad need of calm and quiet rest. And from the first minutes in Tropitel I understood that I would be provided with any rest I liked. After a warm welcome at the reception by Mr Yousri Ali and Mr Hatem, Mr Hatem was so kind as to show us to our room and answer all the questions I had. Then having had our lunch we plunged in the special atmosphere of Tropitel, the cosy and home-like atmosphere you will find nowhere else. Here you have everything you need for a calm rest - comfortabe well-equipped rooms, magnetic-like sunbeds that are impossible to stand up from, a clean sandy beach, beautiful clear swimming-pools, green lawns phramed by the palm-trees fantastically lit at night, delicious food and beverages offered by the main restaurant, the a-la cartes and the bars of the hotel and of course and first of all the staff of the hotel allways ready to help and solve all the problems arising. I want to express my special thanks to the hotel managers Mr. Yousri Ali, Mr. Hosseiny Ahmed and Mr.Michael Keriakos, always smiling, respectful and eager to meet your requests at any time of a day. But Tropitel wouldn't be the Tropitel I am talking about without its animation team. Even a person like me not needing any entertainment at that moment coudn't help being attracted by the activities and admiring the night shows they arrange. It's the never-to-forget team. They are: Ms the Incredible Ghana, Mr the Charming Artem, Mr the Active Midou, Mr DJ Music Abdulu, Ms Very-nice-to talk to-and-dance-with Nina, Ms Mini club - the Fairy Svetlana who has managed to find a way with my son, Alexander the Terrible (that is next to impossible) and of course Mr the Boss and Mind of the animation team, Mr the Multifunctional Zico! And again Mr Michael Keriakos, the supervisor of all the animation programs. You are great, guys! Thank you! I am sure to return. And I strongly recommend everybody to come to Tropitel and experience the same emotions!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Looking out of my frozen window in Moscow, I can not get rid of my memories about Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh......
It was my second visit to this hotel and now I'm a real expert on this admirable place of stay. Fo the first time I stayed there from 23/10/2012-01/11-2012, second visit 27/11/2012-04/12/12. Every visit I stayed with my children.
Now step by step. On arriving we were offered some beverages and provided by fresh towels. This welcome greeting was given on both of my arrivals. The accomodation was quick and perfect, we got 1010 room and were happy about the location, as the lawn was green, trees were in blossom and we had an amazing view on the pool from our terrace. The procedure of check-in took not more than 15 minutes. After we had lunch and our vacations began.
I will not tell everything in details, I would rather sum up my feelings and impressions. Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh is a real paradise, it is quite and entertaining at the same time, the animation team is great, they are not very noisy, they respect your right for having rest, but at the same time they are very cheerful.
Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh is a real 5-star resort, which will take care about every guest for the whole period of the stay, The food is excellent, the service is rather good, all the staff is very respectful and hospitable.But there are 3 main managers, who, as it seemed to me, are always in the hotel: Mr. Yousri Ali, Mr. Hosseiny Ahmed and Mr.Michael Keriakos. They always talk to the guests, ask about guests' impression, complains and requests. All these gentlemen are not just the executors, I think that their attitude to the hotel is more than just doing job well.They work from morning till night to make the service perfect, to improve everything day by day. I am very grateful to them because for me Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh became "a real home far from my home".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Go to this Hotel and you've found it! My husband and I have just returned from two whole weeks here. What a lovely hotel it is - the decor, the staff the lovely pools and garden area - all superb.
Our room was enormous as was the bathroom! With a lovely balcony overlooking the pool area.
All the meals were a delight and the food very varied, the staff were very attentive at all times.
It is very quiet in the evening and if you need lots of noise - avoid! We didn't and it suited us down to the ground. We tried both the Italian and the Mexican restaurants - hubby preferred the Italian - I preferred the Mexican, typical eh?
The temperature was ideal and lying at the poolside a dream - no fighting for beds either, there were plenty of them. Very good point - the Hotel supplied Beach towels, what a delight.
Lovely beach area too with a bar - very handy!
Have to give a very special mention to the staff whether in the restaurant, the bar, cleaning or making-up rooms - what a lovely friendly group they are. You could always find someone ready to have a chat and help with any information they knew. We felt we arrived as guests and left as friends.
We didn't use the Gym or the Spa, although many people did, The hotel is in a very quiet location,, which means travelling by mini-bus, coach or taxi if you want to go to say - Hurghada.
We are already discussing another visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!