“Excellent 5 Star Egyptian AI” 5 of 5 stars

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #2 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Marple, United Kingdom
“Excellent 5 Star Egyptian AI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my 5th visit to Egypt but my first to the PLR we usually go to Taba Heights but Thomson have ceased flights to Taba.

First impressions are excellent reasonable check in and cases delivered swiftly to the room. The room is large and In good condition but the bathroom looked at little tired and we had damp plaster around the shower. All common areas looked more like a European hotel rather than an Egyptian hotel but nicely furnished. The grounds and pool area are excellently maintained. A big thank you to all the pool staff for all their hard work especially a big thanks to Carlos who ensured my coffee cup was always full he always had a laugh with the guest and worked tirelessly.

The dining room is spacious and the food is good, I would have preferred a better selection of salad and some signage on the beautifully created starters might have helped. I am not a dessert fan but I have to say the chefs had gone the extra mile with their creations. The Gala dinner was outstanding with fabulous choice of main course my only concern on that night was the fact the waiters was filling wine bottles from draft wine taps. We had a meal in the Italian restaurant it was lovely I would definatly recommend a visit

We found the beds a little to firm for our liking but after speaking to reception a topper was added to the bed.

The only downside to this holiday was the horrible spirits that are served at the bar, I have stayed in 5 star AI in Mexico and the Carribean and premium spirits are available without charge if you would like a branded drink in the PLR it costs you around £5 a measure which was a bit of a let down.

The manager made a point of speaking to us most days regarding our stay he worked long hours as did all the staff always with a smile.

I would recommend this hotel as it represented good value for money and is a lovely place to escape to when everyone had the January blues

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for writing such a nice review about our property. It is great to read that we were already able to leave a good impression during your first minutes with us. I am really delighted about your wishes and be sure that we do our utmost to maintain our standard in order to make another wonderful holidays for you. On behalf of the entire team we look already forward to welcome you very soon to refresh your happy memories.

2,255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Every inch in this hotel is just perfect .. they are so minded with details and decorations
The seaview is so awesome that you may stay all day just staring at it from main terras
Every thing is super clean and shiny ...all funiture in or out are warm and comfortable... that's called perfection.

Staff members are always smiling ..everyone "and i mean it" .. everyone is smiling. and that makes your day :) they are like bees in a honeycomb.. working all day long without being exhausted or bored .. no mistakes.. they just love to serve you .. that's called dedication
I experienced technical problem in my key card, so i called reception at 06:01 am to fix it, the electrician came to me in 06:03 am and fixed it in less than 3mins, as if the electrician was sleeping just in front of my door :D
I am an ER doctor and I appreciate such a fast and great response :)
The food was plenty and delicious, menus varied daily .. With 5 resturants you would never get bored or get used to it .. just full and satisfied
I think I gained weight just looking at food :D
Being "adults only" is a great advantage ... In a vacation you need Calm and quiet .. Two things you would never have with children nearby 3:)
The bottom line is that You feel like blessed to have a vacation in such piece of heaven

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. It has been a sheer pleasure to read your experiences and impressions of our hotel facilities. as well as the lovely words you have said about the team members. I am happy that we were able to sort your small issue immediately after you reported to the reception. On behalf of the entire team we look forward to your next visit in our hotel.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Lived up to expectations. Lovely big room with comfortable beds. Plenty of very comfortable sun beds. Excellent customer service. Good food.
Friendly staff who could not do enough for you.
The only down side is the location as the rest of the resort hasn't been built yet but as we had just gone for the sun and relaxation that was fine. There is a nice promenade to walk on but nothing really to see as yet. This is a couples hotel with no children.
I have seen comments which said that checkout was noon and that they were unable to use the restaurant but we used it and were told by the Thompson rep to do so.
Would go again but perhaps when the resort is a little more developed.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for highlighting out the customer service and friendliness of our staff. Those are very important aspects for us and the key to the success of our services and facilities. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to welcome you soon once more in our Premier Le Reve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We originally visited the sister hotel - premier boutique inn earlier in the year and was impressed but this was even nicer. We upgraded our room on arrival to a deluxe with a view of the sea and pools and the room was huge, the bed was bigger than a super king!
The food in the main restaurant was lovely, very tasty but our favourite was the seafood restaurant. My fiancée even arranged a surprise intimate dining experience on the beach just for us which was all candle lit leading to the beach and we enjoyed lobster champagne langostines, sea bass and more. It truly was an amazing, magical experience, he even proposed to me there.
We spent a lot of time by the salt pool and the waiter served us drinks every 20 mins! He just kept bringing new ones. Snorkelling was great we saw lots of beautiful fish, although a little choppy this didn't ruin the experience. Brilliant value for money and would return again if only we could bring the kiddies !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sparing the time to write a holiday review on TripAdvisor. And The Premier Le Reve Team thanks you very much for these wonderful compliments. We are very pleased that we could meet your expectations and proud of your comments! We wish you a lovely time back at home and are looking forward to welcoming you again in our Premier Hotels.
South London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

There is always a Plus and a Minus to anywhere. This Hotel has much, much more plus than Minus so read on...
A Full, All inclusive week. The Hotel itself is A1 clean throughout at all times. They even have hand sanitizers placed everywhere! Service is beyond belief (thank you), the ever smiling staff are possible the best I have encountered (again, thank you). Staff even walk around asking if you would like your sunglasses cleaned - very chic! We were asked if we would like drinks (I'll come back to that) and bottled water at all times - there is a 24hr bar if you so wish. The food was very very good and plentiful & again, well served. Pool and amenities are excellent. The Bedrooms are massive – (well impressed). Good walk-in wardrobe space. Good size safe (for laptop plus). Bathroom good size with bath and separate shower (shower a bit weak but hot). Bedroom has a massive but hard hard bed!? (Why not supply soft tops?). Tea & Coffee, decent balcony, carpet on the floor (nice change), TV with BBC World Service, football and not much else in English, but you can view your bill via the TV, order Room Service etc. What must be mentioned are the wall plugs... some plugs have UK style three pin plugs so a two pin changer not really needed. Robes and Slippers are provided along with shampoo and soap etc. Maid knocks on your door every evening - again excellent service.

Lots of carpet in halls and all other public areas - keeps all noise down. Pool and Beach area are excellent. The massive beach beds are more comfortable than the bedroom beds! Large towels are provided. We used the Gym which is large and Modern. The entertainment was very good. Maybe a bit limited, but for old so and so's like me - fine. The Thompson Rep and Hotel Manager was to be seen at all times.
What is very good is Free WIFI (and why not I say?).
So you can see lot and lots of plus. But here come the nags...
Alcohol was absolute awful. Draft beer and bottled beer the worst I have encumbered over the 5 visits I have had to Egypt, The Spirits are what to be expected - again awful. You can just about tolerate the wine. The answer is stay to the water or bring your own. It spoils the dining, what a shame.
Needless to say, as with all these hotels, upon your first visit to the pool and beach you are hassled by the sales reps re massage and trips which are far too expensive. Okay simple plan - just say no. Just spoilt things a little.
These two final items are connected but you should be aware...
7 days Holiday means, 7 full days to me. However, we arrived from the UK at 7/8pm at night and used the restaurant. But, on departure you are not allowed to use the restaurant from Noon onwards (you are told that your Thompsons agreement finishes at Noon with the Hotel then).
We were told to give up our rooms at Noon on day of departure, but not depart until 3pm. Why? I ask' 'To clean the room for the new guests' is the answer...... but you can pay extra to keep the room from Noon if you wish’.... However, if I return next year it's free!
hmmmm!
So I have to leave early and cannot eat as well?????? And just sit around….I can assure you I was not going to allow this to spoil my Holiday and dealt with the matter at source(s).
Tut Tut Premier and Thompsons.
I recommend this hotel, but be armed plus and minus.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor for Thompson Travelers. Ask for Pool views.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Premier Le Reve is without doubt one of the finest resorts in the world all credit belongs to the Management and the whole team of staff there whole want is to please their customers and that is exactly what they do, absolutely nothing is too much trouble ( thank you mr Fouquart for on arrival addressing our room issue without any question) many many thanks and congratulations to the food and beverage manager (Ibrahim) he works tirelessly with his team to satisfy everyone's needs with a continual smile hour after hour the food is without doubt some of the best in the world, presentation and taste is second to none. We both had birthdays whilst there and we're treated like a king and queen, mostafa who took care of us at dinner every evening was attentive to all of our needs always with a smile a very special young man. Carlos at the poolside is one of the most hardworking and patient young men we have ever met he is thorough and professional and would lift anyones spirits, he is an absolute show man when needing to be. The staff in ossiano are polite and welcoming again nothing is too much trouble. The staff of the speciality restaurants again are excellent and attentive. Reception staff are supportive and helpful. The environment from the rooms to gardens and public areas are spotless at all times all the staff work tirelessly with an ever present smile. Our only negative would be that smoking is permitted in areas within the building very hard to accept when this is no longer permitted in most of the world and in opinion is inappropriate in such a wonderful building. Having said this it will not stop us returning again and again see you soon!!

Room Tip: Our room was 1529 superior room absolutely excellent sea view and beautifully quiet hard to believe...
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your supportive review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you have enjoyed your birthdays celebration with us As Every Good Comment Because Of Our Team Efforts and given attention to detail which continued throughout your stay. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to welcome you Once Again In Premier Le Reve.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband have just come back from a weeks stay at
Premier le reve
What can I say it was excellent from the pool staff (Carlos )and abdo) Who couldn't do enough for you ....... Rudy from the spa was fantastic .. The staff at the pool restaurant were we had our lunch most days the food was very good spaghetti Bol was soooo nice.Staff at the long bar who kept us in cocktails and drinks,crisp and nuts ...... The
main restaurant what can I say there was so much choice of food and all was delicious and lots of deserts ..... The night manger was fantastic so helpful..Mohamed the manager what can I say he goes above and beyond..... Our room was lovely and very very very clean as were the grounds spotless I could go on...and on ....met some lovley people I carnt wait to go back for 2 weeks

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for contributing your holiday experience on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was “Excellent”. It is nice from you to highlight the staff and the delicious food in all of the restaurants as well as the room facilities. On behalf of the entire team we look forward to your next visit in our hotel.
Premier Egypt Hotels Sahl Hasheesh

Been to Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!