From the moment I stepped into the beautiful entrance, having been welcomed by the staff with a cold drink and towel I felt sure that I made the right choice, and that the majority of guests were right in their positive comments. Having travelled extensively for over forty years and stayed in a few top quality hotels, i.e Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, I have to say that this hotel in Egypt gave a similar standard of service, in my opinion.
The staff make any hotel, and you could not wish to find more attentive, helpful staff, and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. Swimming is an important part of my holiday and all the pools were sparkling, thanks to Mr Salah and his team. Each morning we were greeted by one of the staff who brought towels to place on the sunbeds, either by the swimming pools or on the beach - which had cabanas and shaded sunbeds - necessary to me for the extreme heat. I particularly liked the smaller pool at the side as there were trees which made it more bearable when swimming for some time. One slight problem was trying to get into the saltwater pool, due to a dividing rope which made it difficult to get over as the pool sloped at that point.
The room was large and it overlooked the side of the hotel and an open vista with good sunset views.
I had a Spa package and the massages were very good, and one day I tried the Hammam which was quite an experience.
There was a vast choice of food, including some juicy dates, and I particularly liked the rose wine, which Mr Ibrahim recommended. The presentation of the food was excellent and it must have taken the staff a long time to prepare it, particularly on the gala nights. The speciality restaurants were also very good. The whirling dervisher evening was amazing.
We walked along the promenade to the sister hotel where there were a few shops, but it was really too hot to walk, and we had a buggy cart back. We caught the hotel bus into Hurghada, which I can only describe as an 'experience' - take care with the uneven pavements ! There is a mosque there which is an incredible building, and there was much colour in the shops with fruit, vegetables, bottles of oil, etc. and some good shopping bargains. Worth a visit if you want to escape from the hotel and see a bit of the real Eqypt.
Due to the past economic decline it is sad to see so many hotels along the way all in an unfinished state, some of which mimic Egypt's ancient past in the style of architecture portrayed.
I was very disappointed in the snorkelling, having been to the Maldives, etc., it was not what I had expected, but I only snorkelled from the hotel jetty and I wanted to take a boat trip to another part, but it never materialised.
We did have one bout of stomach problems but I took Antinel and it cleared up in record time and I was able to enjoy a meal that evening in the restaurant by the sea. It is much cheaper to buy this in Hurghada.
I stayed before the recent unrest in the country, and hope that this can be resolved in order to ensure that all the hardworking staff in this, and other resorts, are able to get on with their jobs.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.