We decided to spend Christmas and New Years Eve in Hurghada and Le Reve. We do not regret that. Below, I will provide my comments regarding this hotel. In order to facilitate, I have divided the review into sections.
The hotel is not located in Hurghada but some 20 km away. That is not a problem since Hurghada does not offer much which you can not get at the hotel. Prepared to not leave the hotel unless you are off for a trip to Cairo etc.
We had a standard room and was perfectly happy with the size and the equipment. The bathroom was very large (=good).
The staff is polite and helpful. However, compared to the other sections, they are not very polite and helpful, just polite and helpful. Some of them speak good english but surprisingly many do speak very poor english or almost none at all.
Olga is a star. Nothing more needs to be said. She is awesome and sorted out the (few) problems that arose. She speaks very good english.
The chefs do an excellent work in making every meal a success. It is very hard to make a 14 days all inclusive stay filled with thrilling meals but they try hard and they succeeds. After 14 days, we were not tired of the meals served (which is the case almost everywehere else after just a few days). The waiters are with few exceptions very nice and helpful. - In my experience, the fish was overall the best choice, making the meals slightly healthier than usual as well. The breakfast includes fresh orange juice.
Chinese, seafood and Italian restaurants
These three restaurant are free of charge once a week. All of them are very good. To my taste, the Chinese was the best, but I guess opinions vary. The waiters are quick, nice and polite.
You will get a towel each day and there is always waiters walking around taking order, polishing the sun glasses and making your stay comfortable. The boys are very nice, friendly and always smiling.
The hotel has a decent euipped gym. I say "decent" and comparing with my gym at home. It is excellent when comparing the the "gyms" at other hotels (which usually only have a few pieces of euipment). This gym is fully equipped and has AC. It is possible to get a good exercise here.
This is the draw back. The spa has several sellers walking around and trying to sell yu treatments. They are as aggessive as in other hotels, no more, no less. They are very much trying to sell and if you politly decline, they will show how disappointed they are. The prices are very hefty, even compared to Swedish prices. You can easility negotiate a 50 percent discount, making it more affordable. We got a treatmet from our travel agent for free and used it. We discussed our experience with a few other guests and shared the view "not worth the money" (it should have costed, even with 50 percent discount).
We had a few contacts with the management and where impressed by the quick responses and how well any complaints where dealt with.
"Our" cleaing boy was working almost 24/7 but never seemed to get the time to clean our room. He could have used some help obviously, since our room was seldom cleaned when we got back from the pool at 15.30. That could have been better. The boy wass very, very friendly and always appologised for not being able to clean the room in time.
Yes, this hotels have smoking areas and sadly enough one can smell the smoke where one may not like it. The reception area (where internet is available) is a rather "smoky" place albeit there is only allowed to smoke in some areas. Do not stay at 4th floor unless you can accept smoking. We changed room to 2th floor and that was far better.
All in all, an excellent stay will await the ones arriving at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa