Just got back from a package deal with Thomson. Last year we did the same trip but in April. Great flights, super smooth transfer. The new terminal at Hurghada airport demonstrates just how shabby some of our UK airports are.
Check in is really easy as an envelope with room keys, towel cards and other info awaits. No queuing. No credit cards to be swiped.
We arrived as the main restaurant was about to close but the four corners restaurant remained open until midnight for us.
We had emailed a week or so ahead requesting a room as close to the sea as poss. (We had already booked a superior, sea view). We were given 4256.
Top floor (2nd floor) ....literally the room looking straight out to sea.
We knew what to expect from our stay and weren't disappointed. We paid 25 euros per day and had one of the shadey 'beach lodges' for a couple of days. So quiet and relaxing. Didn't need to move unless for food as waiter brought us drinks every 30 mins.
Our room was very quiet and cleaned thoroughly each day. The cleaner couldn't do enough for us. If we wanted more of anything. .....He sorted it. No charge.
We have stayed in a few hotels in Egypt and there is a simple reason we come back here. It's the best.
1. We didn't take any local currency -no need! purchases and tips are welcome in £, $, €.
2. Last year we were savaged by mosquitoes. This year we took 'buzz off' spray. Worked a treat.
3. Book into as many of the 4 bookable restaurants. Stroll up to the booking terminals in reception mid afternoon to book a couple of days in advance.
4. The sea is effectively a pond
...so shallow even at high tide.
5. Be prepared for poor wifi. It seems to have deteriorated since last year.
6. Lots of Germans, Poles and Russians. We experienced no issue. In fact makes for interesting watching!! ...Egypt Ian genuinely love the British for their manners and patience.
Will we go back? ABSOLUTELY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iberotel Aquamarine Resort is made for those who want to spoil themselves with the prefect, relaxed, All inclusive luxurious five-star Egypt holiday. Located on the southern tip of Hurghada with its own unspoiled private beach, this impressive complex features seven restaurants.It boasts over 1,001 comfortable rooms equipped with all the latest facilities, services and amenities as well as the “Mercato” shopping complex and a conference centre for up to 1500 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Jaz Aquamarine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel Hurghada