“Lovely hotel, would definitely return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Aquamarine Resort

You added Jaz Aquamarine Resort to your Saves list
Jaz Aquamarine Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Sahl Hashish Road | Magawish District, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #32 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, would definitely return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at Jaz Aquamarine for a week in November and was very pleased with this hotel. The whole hotel is very modern and clean. Rooms are lovely are we're always cleaned to a very high standard. A complimentary big bottle of water is left in your room daily and there is a fully stocked mini fridge (at a charge) with more water, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps. Couldn't fault the hotel food, it was all lovely with lots of choice and different themed nights. There are two big buffet restaurants, both with large seating areas and 4 a la cartes. I booked through lowcostholidays so a la cartes were not part of the all inclusive through this tour operator but you pay a 16 euro reservation fee per booking and that includes your dinner and drinks! Would highly recommend the Asian restaurant, didn't get a chance to try the others but they all looked nice. You can book a table at the a la cartes on the computers in the lobby. Not all pools were heated this time of year but there were few big ones that were so not too crowded around the pool. You can always get a sunbed as there are so many! There are people wandering around during the day to offer you snorkelling/diving excursions and there were also water sports by the beach. Visited the spa for a massage which was very relaxing. There are shows put on by the animation team at 9pm each night and also live singers and a saxophone player by one of the many bars. The hotel has a shop selling lots of different things and there are also some shops just outside the hotel if you fancy going for a stroll. Finally the staff were all lovely day and very polite. If you get a chance to chat to Omar in the four corners restaurant he will put a smile on your face! This was my first time in Hurghada and I have recommended the hotel to all family and friends and would definitely return. Thank you for a lovely holiday!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There are 2 kite surfing schools on the beach not mentioned on hotel details but i had to tell people about them ,Both schools are amazing very experienced 1 on 1 training and speak multiple languages they love their work and it shows with the passion they put in,
,the pictures below are the instructors showing how good they are.
please give these 2 schools a try you will be amazed.my partner could not keep away very happy and will be returning.

just came back from this hotel and i was amazed , was not expecting the holiday we got, due to having a waterpark, we thought it would be overun with kids but no,
there was 17 pools there where kids pools toddler pools entertainment pools and adult only ones, so that i liked ,
same as the restaurants there was the main ones for all ,and adult only sections great idea,
the specialty restaurants was our favourites fantastic choice fantastic service and fantastic food.
all the staff we dealt with was polite ,efficient, and very hard working,could not do enough for us,even chefs would prepare special food if required a+

rooms were decorated tastefully and very clean housekeeping staff was excellent down to the towel art and added extras eg flower petals on the heart,

this is one we will return to

Room Tip: sea view 4153/4154 /4155 great views of the sea away from night entertainment so quiet the close...
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel facility is very well designed, too many clean pools, some of them were heated, I really enjoyed the heated Jacuzzi on the beach side, two large aqua stations on the beach side was really nice and one medium on the back side of the hotel, the beach is red hard sand, the sea was clean but you can hardly reach your waist, you will need to walk a very long distance +500m and the good thing about it was walking into the sea, the hotel was almost fully booked, the staff are friendly, the open buffet served in the main restaurant wasn’t tasty however you will find a lot of varieties and for sure will eat, the other restaurants that serves meal all over the day were good, we really enjoyed their meals and sandwiches, the most remarkable thing about eating and drinking in this hotel is the scattered food kiosks all over the beach side, rooms were clean, spacious and nicely furnished.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrival at hurghada airport aad expected pretty chaotic but as expected.
Hotel check in seemed disorganised with no one explaining where we were meant to go which wasn't a good start. Reception stff generally disinterested when we had questions and a bit half hearted.
Room ok but found it noisy with people upstairs and passing in the corridors and was not possible to change.
Food was poor in buffet and despite offers to use a la cartes this was not a good option if you wanted to catch the entertainment unless you are at 630. Perhaps an extra sitting would be good as the buffets were poor. Food cold a lot of the time and hygeine from other guests not good and could not easily see hand gel.
Outside hotel is pretty grim so no where to stroll easily unless you like being shouted at and harassed by taxis.... Surely they should be stopped from staying to long by the hotel and being a nuisance every time you leave?
Weather was lovely but the rest was average to poor and was overall disappointed.

• Stayed November 2014
holmfirth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

from the moment you arrive here it is amazing.the gardens and pool areas are so well tended and look immaculate.i was surprised at how well laid out everything was at the jaz aquamarine .the main restaraunt was very busy but i always found a quiet corner on my own.their was so much choice ,for breakfast and dinner.the staff everywhere were very friendly .the bars were better than i ever imagined,and the quality of drinks on offer.also their were 5 a la carte eating places.the swimming pools were fantastic.i could go on and on.i never left the hotel grounds in the 5 days i was their.i have never ever been all inclusive ,but would definately go back to this hotel again.the only negative thing was the beach is not sandy ,its gritty.but its a minor point.also hurghada as nothing much to offer either.dont excpect to wander around much out of the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: rooms neare to beach were quieter than around pool area.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
AquamarineGM, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Aquamarine to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest and happy that you found your stay with us “amazing”.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

travelled 17th November - 24th of November 2014
I was expecting the worse when I arrived at Hurghada Airport as I have read all the other reviews stating that it is disorganised chaos. The Airport was nothing like I expected very quick to get the Visa and very quick through the airport (Took approximately 30 minutes) i have been informed by regular users of this airport that it is normally terrible and crowded with Russians so maybe Monday is the best day to travel.

First bad impression the Thomson bus driver instantly took my case placing it on the bus and held his hand out with a £2 coin and demanded I give him £2 for loading my cases, like 90% of the other travellers I refused to give him a penny due to his attitude.

Arrival at the hotel was fantastic, very quick check in and given a nice welcome drink and cool cloth to wipe your face with. The room was fantastic and easily the best room I have every stayed in (I'm very well travelled). As soon as I dropped the cases off I went to the lobby bar with my partner for some fantastic cocktails where the friendly waiter constantly brought fresh drinks over resulting in me leaving a generous tip and speaking to the manager to praise the service and fantastic first impression of the hotel.

The pools to the hotel are very good however only 3 are heated so the majority are empty. The water slides are also very good and are better then some water parks I have paid to visit in parts of the world.

The snack bars are also very good and very clean which is a complete contrast to when I visited Sharm some 2 years back when birds was walking all over the food and flies was a problem (That hotel was also supposed to be 5*). I visited the different snack bars throughout the day and each one was exceptional with both service and quality of the food. The soft drinks are brand names so proper coke which was also nice to see.

The A La Carts also very good I visited all 4 and rate the Asian as the best and the staff did a great job of celebrating my wife's birthday by bringing out a nice cake and singing. The seafood I ordered a lobster (extra cost) This was also great service.

The Buffet service is a different story and is a slight negative from a British point of view but I won't grumble as the majority of the hotels clients are Eastern European and they seemed to love the food. I ate here properly once and both me and my partner had bad stomach pains but I put this down to the hygiene of some of the other guest. I saw some of the eastern european's just picking food up with their hands and handling other food but leaving it in place for other guest to eat.

The beach which is not the hotels fault is coral sand so is very grainy and not good to walk on. the sea in front of the hotel is only knee deep for about a mile and half out but if you go to the sand jetty there is a lovely coral reef and deep water to swim in.

The rooms was cleaned daily with great towel art.

I never visited the Entertainment on a night as I know this is very low key but come 6 in the evening it can get very boring so one suggestion would be for the hotel to run bingo or karoke in one of the many lobby bar's which could even generate some extra income for the hotel from the sale of bingo books like they do in places like Spain.

Out side of the hotel in Hurghada is possibly the worse place I have ever visited. The place is in serious disrepair with many building sights. the local shop owners can be very intimidating and this will put off a load of tourist I would hate for my partner to come here with some of her female friends on their own. the shop owners was very disrespectful to her and would look at me when speaking to her. At times we would walk by shops with 4 males from the shop walking towards us and doing their best to intimidate us and get us to go into the shop and when we refused they was clearly insulting us in Arabic and when you did decide to go into shops they clearly treat tourist like cash cows.

Would I visit Hurghada again? This is a very difficult question the place is terrible however for a quiet week in the sun with decent food the hotel is such good value for money. I paid £1050 for a week but eating in the a la carts like that back home would easy cost £250 for the visits I made, if you had 2 days doing the slides that would have cost me another £100 for me and the wife. I must have drank easy £200 worth of beer (pub price back home) and had easily £100 worth of snacks through the week so that's £650 worth without even breaking it down properly. for the money the hotel more then delivers.

If your happy staying in the hotel with your own entertainment and not leaving to have a walk around this hotel more then delivers and is easily worth the money I paid for the visit.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good with a great pool scene
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Aquamarine to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest and happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
With regards to the pools, only 5 out of the 18 pools are not heated.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first time in Egypt, however our friends who were with us had been 6 times before although not to this hotel. The hotel resort was very good, plenty of restaurants and bars to eat and drink in. Food was a very good quaility and well presented. Getting a sunbed round the pools was never a problem, as there were plenty of pools to sit around plus the beach. The stakk and management could not do enough for you and made you feel very welcome and were also very helpful with anything you asked for. The rooms were of a good size and were comfortable and clean. It seems that a lot more people are going back to Egypt from the UK and Europe and the hotel had not been expecting such an upturn is business, this resulted in waiting times to be served at the bars. Suggest that more stff in the bars would help and stop us going to the bar. The hotel also heated some of their pools, this was good, but we were told there was an adult only set of pools, these were heated and had a lot of children in and around them! Suggest that the adult only pool section is better sign posted and enforced. There was also an adult only bar Four Corners, again this was for adults only but again had children is and not enforced. Suggest that it is enforced. The management team were excellent when we had lost something and ddid all they could to help us find it which we did, so my thanks to them. Overall I would go back to the hotel, but please give us the adult only pools and bars that are enforced. All in all a great time there so my thanks to all the people there for making our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: I would suggest that a room facing the adult pool area would be ideal, it is not noisey and also sel...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
With regards to your comments about adult only areas. There is in fact only one pool and not a set of pools and area which is adult only and this is enforced. The Four Corners is also not adult only, so we regret that you were misinformed regarding this.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Jaz Aquamarine Resort

Been to Jaz Aquamarine Resort? Share your experiences!