“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Aquamarine Resort

Save Saved
You added Jaz Aquamarine Resort to your Saves list
Jaz Aquamarine Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Sahl Hashish Road | Magawish District, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #31 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just back from a weeks holiday here (8th - 15th Sept).
First of all the hotel is immaculate and the staff work non stop keeping it that way, whether that be the room cleaners, gardeners or restaurant staff.
Check in was quick and simple, we were shown to our rooms as it was dark when we arrived. Our cases duly arrived shortly after.
The restaurant was opened up especially for us too as it was after hours.

We had a room at the far end of the hotel, near to the beach. This meant a fair walk everyday for breakfast, evening meals etc but it was quiet at night which is fine by me.
There was plenty of choices for breakfast from cereal, fruit, breads, salad, omelettes, hot food etc etc.
If you're expecting to have a full English everyday you'll be disappointed but this is an Egyptian hotel not a local greasy spoon.
Lunch and evening meals there is plenty to choose from and I never found anything I didn't like. Had no idea what some stuff was but that's half the fun!
Ate in 3 of the a la carte restaurants. The Italian was ok. The Lebanese and Oriental were excellent, the Teppanyaki table is well worth experiencing.

All of the pools are clean and warm (after the initial feeling of freezing cold). The water slides are all decent too. Note you need 3 people to ride the largest one. If you're in a couple and haven't got friendly with anyone you'll have to try and borrow a child from somewhere!!
The sea is a long way out and is a fair old walk. I would highly recommend beach shoes or similiar. Once you're there tho it's worth the walk, especially if you want to do some snorkeling. There are a lot of fish to see in all sizes and colours

Contrary to some other reviews I've read I never once felt I had to tip anyone at the hotel. Having said that a small tip goes a long way to getting great service. Our cleaner was nice and friendly and his towel art was excellent.
The drinks waiters are superb and never stop working
Wi-fi as mentioned in other reviews isn't great in most areas but hey you're on holiday, you don't have to update your Facebook status every 5 minutes.

Also contrary to another review further down I never once felt British guests were singled out and treated badly, in fact the complete opposite.
It is true that Brits are massively outnumbered by our European counterparts but I felt like we (and all the Brits I spoke to) got better treatment than others. I guess having manners and not being ignorant helps.

I would recommend this hotel if you want a relaxing holiday or love swimming/water parks.
We would certainly return here without hesitation

Room Tip: We were in block Z, room 2206. Sea and pool views. Long way from main hotel and on 2nd floor (no lif...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel lets itself down with petty things that would not cost much money to keep their customers happy and keep up the 5* expectation. For instance 1 bottle of water per room per day? Really? then you have to pay for more? NOT a 5 * standard!!. Coffee machines switched off when restaurants closed! Come on guys its Coffee!!!!. Fresh orange juice being sold by staff during meal times!!! It should be FREE if you claim to be a 5 * resort!!, staff selling news papers around the pool area!! The hotel is graded as a 5* resort but seems to penny pinch at every opportunity possible. Which is a great shame because the staff are great, the setting is lovely, the grounds are very well kept and the food is excellent. You just let your selves down by implementing these silly little penny pinching rules. I have stayed in many 5* + hotels around the world due to my previous employment and NEVER have I come across a 5* resort that seems to push their staff to constantly hassle customers by constantly asking them to buy this, buy that, charge for mini bar (when you are booked as all inclusive!) even WATER!!. They then have an on site medical team that ask you to drink between 4-5 litres of water per day during high temperatures to avoid dehydration, but will not supply it, unless of course you want to drink mineral water from the many dirty vending machines by paper cup! NOT BOTTLE as this is not allowed either!. All in all I had a good holiday, but would not return to this particular hotel due to these silly frustrating penny pinching rules. What a shame such a lovely kept place is being let down by very poor management decisions. I will continue to travel with Thomson Holidays and always visit their Sensitory and platinum hotel ranges, but this one needs to be removed from the platinum listing as this hotel is far below the other platinum hotels offered throughout the world. On a final note, The hand sanitizer gels dispensers (which are very sparse) are not signed or even pointed out for guests to use before entering restaurants etc, they are almost hidden from view (just above plug socket level) why? or does this non usage also save you a few pennies? but gives your customers upset stomachs due to germ contamination! OR do you make money on the on site clinic visits too? HMMMM..... Who knows!. What a shame!.

Room Tip: Go to another 5* hotel if you want a TRUE 5* experience.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Jaz Aquamarine from 8th-15th September 2014. What an amazing place! I wish every hotel was like this, I honestly couldn't fault it.

Our Thomson Rep (Sahed) was absolutely brilliant and couldn't do more for you and was always on hand to help and answer any questions. All staff in the hotel were extremely hard working and friendly and again couldn't do more for you. Our housekeeper (Emad) kept our room spotless throughout the week and made some great towel art.

The hotel is so huge you could get lost and because of this it never feels too busy as everyone is spread out. People never reserved sunbeds too early and there was always plenty for everybody. The choice of pools was great and the aqua parks were great fun too.

Food was varied, we went to the Italian and oriental restaurants which were lovely and spent most evenings dining in the four corners restaurants as found there was more choice and it was quieter. All bar and seating areas were very grand and comfortable.

You can take advantage of the free wi fi in the lobby area which was good too.

Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody and we very much enjoyed our relaxing stay! It would just be nicer if it wasn't such a long flight from England! Thankyou Thomson and everybody at the Jaz Aquamarine :)

• Stayed September 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from Jaz Aquamarine Hurghada in Egypt. We had an absolutely fabulous time at this great hotel, staff were extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble for them, we got to know just a few individuals from Ayemann on reception, Khalid at the pool bar and the Asian restaurant, Mustafa who served drinks around the activity pools and in the restaurant. They were all so helpful and fun to see each day, we were in room 5235 and our room was cleaned each day by Mohammed who did an amazing job keeping everything so perfect and also for his majestic towel designs each and every day. So many others went out of their way over and above what was expected just to make our stay more enjoyable. There are plenty of pools over 20 quiet ones activity ones and just enjoyable places to have fun, plenty of adult slides, plenty of sunbeds everywhere. Theme nights in the buffet restaurants made pleasant changes as well as 4 speciality ones, the Oriental which served Lebanese food was our favourite one and we visited it 4 times during our 14 days. The only negative from our trip was the buffet food was not always piping hot but we did not discover the microwaves until the last days of our holiday.

Thompsons on the whole were good throughout although one very big annoyance was the visa scam, as you get of the bus from the plane they drop you at the airport building and you are directed inside and forward to an official looking Thompsons stand where you are charged £19 for an Egyptian visa, should be £10, the official banks/visa operators are directly to the left as you enter the hall as soon as you get through the doors, do not be guided to these scammers just because you see the Thompsons banner. You would like to think that Thompsons would be on top of this scam and inform their customers of it prior to arrival and stop them using their own banner/logo trademark.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are better for views and security, although we did not hear of any issues at all. Free w...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Loved this place. Excellent service really impressed. Warm , efficient and friendly check in and Reception staff always helpful when we needed assistance. Food and drink choices more than acceptable and easy to find tables if you avoid the buffets when they first open or use the a la cartes with unlimited visits. We visited all of them and would hat to have to pick a favourite.night life quite low key but enjoyed a few drinks and watched the dancing after dinner.place was beautiful lovely grounds and pools always immaculate . Excellent stay and will return.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My friend and I spent 2 beautiful weeks at this lovely hotel and I would like to give a totally honest review. Firstly, yes the airport is like a mine field but we coped, as you do. Everyone on Tripadvisor says go to the left to get your visa as it's cheaper.......don't bother, that's the side that's like the cattle market. It really wasn't a problem, just give your £20 and they'll give you your £1 change.
We had real reservations about Jaz Aquamarine because so many people have slated it, but when we arrived and shown to our room, all we could say was wow and omg!!!!! It was stunning, and that was at 11:30pm. We were in room 5249 and it was lovely, big, immaculate and a wonderful suprise. We tended to eat mostly at the Four Corners as yes, there weren't quite so many children, but we did go in to the main buffet restaurant too and it wasn't half as bad as people had said. Not forgetting we were there from 15th-29th August. Aparently the hotel was full but it never seemed like it.
The beach: Yes it's very coarse sand a bit like brick dust but we still loved it and enjoyed using the sunbeds down on the grass. Again, I really don't know why people moaned about it? I would just say we took shoes to wear because the coral under the sand can be rough, but only felt the need to wear them once. The tide does go out far but it's lovely walking out.
The hotel is kept to perfection but I wouldn't consider it a 5* platinum. Mostafar our cleaner was wonderful and we left him a nice tip at the end of our stay. We also didn't feel we had to tip anyone, even when the porter bought our cases to our room and showed us how to use the safe, I went to my purse and when I turned round he was gone. All of the staff are lovely and especially my sweet Diaa on reception. he greeted us the night we arrived and I had a problem with one of the photography guys and he reported it straight to the Manager and it was dealt with instantly. We felt very comfortable and when you are asked about the massage or spa treatments you just say no thank you. This really wasn't a problem and they give up after a while.
People have gone on about the repetitive food, but every all inclusive I have ever been to, the food is repetitive, so whats new. There was a great variety and well presented. I did actually make sure I had eggs of some sort every morning, plenty of orange or pineapple, salt on my meals (which I don't often have) and sugar in my coffees instead of sweeteners as keeping your body up on the vitaminC, salts & sugars helps to stop any dehydration, trust me, the amount we drank for the first week and peed out was no comparison lol.
You don't need to worry about the ice in your drinks, go for it, it's fine. The only real problem I had, which actually wasn't a problem but personal opinion, was the heat!!! It didn't let up and even in the evening if there was a breeze, it was like a hot hairdryer being blown at you for sure. I love it hot but if I go back, it certainly won't be in August, just too intense.
A definite must is to go to Mahmaya Island, a touch of Jamaica, and it truly was! It was beautiful and you can stay and snorkel in the shallow waters or they will take you to deeper waters which we did. Stunning coral and fish. Loved it there and would go again & again.
The need for air con is a must but we wouldn't keep it on overnight because it does your throat & chest in when you're not used to it. We had our patio doors open and kept the mozzie plug in plugged in.
I would like to make a very big suggestion to the hotel management and say Fantasia, where the entertainment and kids clubs are held.....you really need to get a bar sorted out and AIR CON.....p-l-e-a-s-e. The entertainment kids work so hard to put on good shows but you can't stay in there for longer than 10-15mins, its just too hot!!!
Check out the guy who paints the kids names in the evening, he is amazing!!!
There are too many names to write (I'm suprised it's let me keep going this long lol) but a big thank you to the whole of the staff at Jaz Aquamarine, you are tireless and are always smiling. You do a great job.
If anyone wants to ask anything, please don't hesitate to message me. I hope I have given you something to look forward to.
Lastly, yes the floor tiles are ridiculously slippery but I guess you can't have a beautiful smooth floor covering without it, just walk carefully, and when we were there, it was too hot to walk on from about 10am.....I know, unbelievable right lol. We enjoyed the Jaz Aquamarine and everything about it. Would I go back? Yes but not for 2wks, maybe 10 days.

Room Tip: Our room faced sun up and by 7am was too hot to sit out on, but it was still gorgeous, just past the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
AquamarineGM, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Aquamarine to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest and are extremely pleased that you “spent 2 beautiful weeks at this lovely hote “ and “enjoyed the Jaz Aquamarine and everything about it.”
With regards to your suggestion about air conditioning in the theatre, we regret that this is not possible as there is a partially open roof. Unfortunately your stay with us coincided with a particularly humid summer. At most times our entertainment programme has been taking place in the area next to the Active pool.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again to our beautiful hotel.

Hany Gamal Eldin
Hurghada Area Manager.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Not a 5 star hotel but great pool areas, clean and spacious rooms and a good variety of food. Would rate the hotel as a 4 star myself..

The hotel really need to invest in better wifi as it is a nightmare to connect to and you only get 150mb of it for free.

The al a carte dining was all fantastic and we especially enjoyed the Chinese.

We payed for late checkout through Thomson, however the hotel had no records of this and locked us out of our room at 1pm, although our stuff was still in the room. After complaining to reception and having to wait for them to check.. They let us back in. This was very inconvenient.

Although there are a couple of improvements to be made, this hotel was pleasant and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Aquamarine to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest and are happy that you found that “this hotel was pleasant” and “would recommend it to others “.
The wi-fi is bad in all of Hurghada but we are one of the few hotels who do actually provide you with any inclusive wi-fi (complimentary of the hotel and not your travel agency).
Regarding being locked out of your room on your last day, we do apologise that this happened, but you are advised at the Welcome Meeting to renew your keys for late check-out the evening before departure as all keys are obsolete after midday.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.
Hany Gamal Eldin
Hurghada Area Manager.
Jaz Aquamarine Resort

Been to Jaz Aquamarine Resort? Share your experiences!