“A nice week with the family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Aquamarine Resort

You added Jaz Aquamarine Resort to your Saves list
Jaz Aquamarine Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Sahl Hashish Road | Magawish District, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #31 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Stockholm, Sweden
“A nice week with the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is my first time going to Egypt and I arrived with a open mind.

I have read what some people have written and it scares me, c"mon people, this is an "all inclusive family hotel", yes there will will children at the hotel, yes the beaches are not carribean class, they are coral, and yes, this is an arab/islamic country, if you dont know what that means, google before you travel! dont be a amateur.

The Airport is and old airbase and worn down, the first guy I met at the airport wanted money for letting me use the free bathroom, and so it goes on, everybody wants your money, it"s sad.

The busride to the hotel took about 20 min and we arrived to a nice looby and some cold drinks, checking in went smooth and the bags we"re loaded to a golf car for transport to your room, of course the bell boys want money, and you dont have a choice to carry your own bags? they just assume that you will pay.

The hotel greets you with 19 pools, some are pre-heated, some are for children, some are adult only. They are clean, big and welcoming. There are 2 big waterslide parks that are cool.
The area is clean and its hard to imagine that this is a hotel in the middle of the desert full of sand.

The food is "ok" and there are 2 places to eat as much as you can, we did not become sick, always remember to clean your hands before eating and if you touch egyptian money, clean hands, this is the most dirty money in the world and it will make you sick.
We loved the bars, the food and the differnt hang out spots, this is the place where they love children, they are allowed to be heard and can play loudly as chidren do.

There are a alot of Russians, they are rude, always are loud, drunk and fuss with everyone over anything, these people hopefully will grow up or just fall off the earth, Russians that cant behave are a problem, even here in Egypt.

We stayed in a family suite 1503 faceing one of the pool areas which was on the third floor, there are no elevators so if you have a child stroller you will have to leave it downstairs.

I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating, why didnt I? because the only annonying thing that bothered me was the so called "photografers" who are working for the hotel and keep asking you if you want to take a picture, even if you say no 20 times, they still come back and want to book a time, they give this place a lower rating because of their "unprofessional" way of hasseling the guest.

And the second thing is that some employees working at the bar by the beach try to sell you Euros, and buy dollas, I hope that the hotel management gets rid of these type of shady people who drags the place and rating down.

We will come back, because we just had a great week with lots of sun and fun and happy memories.

Room Tip: 1503, third floor, facing the pool, big balcony, spacious room, nice big bed. you can watch everyth...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are staying at this hotel 9all inclusive basis) since the past two days and find it extra ordinary. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Food is plentiful and the staff make sure they look after and pamper the guests. One gets tired of the variety of food at the buffet but there are plenty of places at the resort which serve snacks which is a welcome change.

The only down side I found was that the staff at the bar are not very good at making cocktails but a minor points as compared to the positives

Well worth the visit and no regrets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sopot, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

To start off I would like to say I completely disagree with the negative opinions written about the hotel. As stated in the info its located quite a distance from the center of Hurgada but I would definitely say thats a plus, its nice and quiet and not too much comotion going on outside the hotel. Not far away you have a market (Sultan and Cleopatra) where you have fixed prices and can pretty much get anything you need.
The hotel itself is beautiful! Very spacious, clean and generally done with great taste. The staff are very nice and helpful, almost everyone speaks english well or if not at a communicative level (as for the British complaining about the language skills of the staff please look at yourself first and see how many languages do you speak?). The food at the two main restaurants is quite good, there is always something a bit dfferent every day, quite tasty and pretty much anyone can find something to their liking. It is almost impossible to try everything there is to eat. And again for the British who complain about the food, hope you made it back and have had your lovely traditional mean- fish and chips, and the epic english breakfast! Talk about delightful and sublime cusine. Bon appetite! ;) Another big plus- you can eat anything- veggies, friuts, salads and drink your beverages with ice and you will have no stomache problems. Everything is clean and washed with filtered water, the ice is made with filtered water too!
The pools at the hotel are gorgeous. You can go somewhere with a lot of people or somewhere with almost no people at all. There are places where there is music or facilities for children and different kinds of animation and places where it is quiet if you are not interested and just want to relax.
When it comes to the beach, it is sandy, maybe its not puffy soft white sand but you are not in the Caribbean people! It is known to humankind that Egypt has a rocky sea side, if you are not aware of that you probably missed a class in geography. There is a jacuzzi on the beach which is quite nice jump into when it gets windy.
The animations at the hotel take place everyday, there is live singing and different shows everynight. Nothing spectacular but it is always a fun way to spend your time. There is also a hotel bus which takes you to the center of Hurgada and picks you up after 3 hours, it costs 4 dollars per person and it is probably the most comfortable way to get to the city. You need to book it at the lobby 4 hours before departure.
We were in a superiour room with a view of the pool and a lttle bit of the sea (4109), it was cleaned spotless every day and Farid from housekeeping even came by to check if everything was ok before he left work. We got a big bottle of mineral water everyday, and on the first day a bottle of coke and sprite, for free. It was big and well furnished nothing less than anyone should need.
You can find free wi-fi at the tarass next to the lobby. It works just fine during the day but sometimes in the evening when there are a lot of people the transfer slows down and it doesnt work too well, but at the end of the day you dont go on holiday to sit on facebook :)
It is very useful to get yourself acquointed with the map of the hotel as it is huge and therefore there are a lot of places you might not find if your are just walking around. The Bluemarine Resort for example has an amazing bar which all the all inc. guests can use.
Generally speaking a lovely and relaxing holiday. If you are looking for something more exciting then you should probably go to Sharm el Sheik or find a hotel near the center. We went there with the idea of catching some sun and just relaxing by the pool in a beautiful surrounding and that it exactly what we got. Thank you! We will definitely come back again :) Couple from Poland

Room Tip: If you have the possibility to get a superious room you should but not at a high price. They are mor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Fiance found this hotel through a major tour operator on the net at a great price, and as we were looking last minute (Within a two week window) this fitted the bill from the comments and reviews already on here.

Having been to all inclusives before you know what to expect, average/good buffet food, average drinks/entertainment etc, basically value for money for the week. however what we got this time around was a complete contrast

The hotel itself is really plush with each different bar taking on a different classy theme, you would never imagine you were in an all inclusive whichever bar you decide to drink in, all were really high spec in regards to decor and had a really nice feel to them.

On arriving we were advised that we would be upgraded to all inclusive Plus which meant that we could eat a la carte in any of the restaraunts without a charge (On the site it stated we could only eat in 1 and pay a small charge for the rest) all of these were of a really good standard as were the buffet options

The 18 pools were great, we only used the lengthy adult pool as it was away from the rowdiness of the main pool, we dont have any children but the children/toddler pools were really good and well protected. We hired a beach bed for two of the days for 17euros per day, we could have just had a sunbed but they were really large and as it was so hot it was perfect to jump in and out of throughout the day, along with waiter service which was good.

It was by far the cleanest hotel i have ever visited as every member of staff doubles up as a cleaner and works through the night every night, the grounds/pools looked like brand new every morning.

Our holiday was great in all aspects, the staff were great and really helpful, the grounds were amazing, the food was top notch, pools were really nice etc etc. You cant go wrong with this hotel at all, we had a great stay and will return :)

Room Tip: I think they tend to group couples and family's together so you should have a decent room, howev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hagley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although I have given this holiday 5/5 I would like to specify that don't mean this is a 5 star hotel. I've given it such a high rating for value for money and for the 5 top things that we like on holiday. Really good pools (heated), great facilities for kids without being over commercialised, good, plentiful food and drink, evening entertainment and great weather at a time of year when its hard to find anything without spending a fortune or having loads of jabs. The hotel staff where generally v helpful too and the setting and architecture of the hotel is lovely, very spaced out so you aren't on top of everyone else. All in all fantastic!

There are some things they could improve on if I was being picky, like the way the plates and coffee cups ran out at breakfast and mid morning or that it was tricky to get money changed but they are really tiny things in the scale of things.

The pool entertainment was fantastic I really enjoyed the Zumba and aqua aerobics - if we could have got up earlier I would have done the yoga too. The kids loved the warm river parts of the pool that they could stand up in. The waterslide bit was also fantastic but I wished that the waterslides closer to the hotel had had a warm pool, it was freezing - it would have been less of a trek but again just being picky really a lot of Egyptian hotels don't have as many warm pools as this one did. The pool was graduated too which made it ideal for the kids and it was a really nice temperature and really big. It was really great that there where facilities for my 5 (small slides) and massive 4 storey slides for my 7 year old but also if you had a baby there were 2 warm dip pools with shaded canopies that would have been great. The big slides were in actual fact quite scary for me or anyone with a fear of heights but my 7 year old loved them. It was very breezy by the beach though so quite cold whilst we were there which put me off - if it had been hotter or more sheltered would have been great though. If you were an adrenaline loving 7 yr old plus though this probably wouldn't bother you as much! The pool they emerged into was fairly warm but you couldn't stay in the lifeguard was v strict on making sure you got straight out so you didn't get in the way of people coming down - some adults came down at a helluva rate, looked like they were going to fly out! The swirly slide was good though it was hard work getting the big rubber rings up the four flights of steps, still good to keep you fit!

There were a very cosmopolitan feel to the hotel lots of Germans, some French and Italian, not that many Brits. There was never a fight for a sunbed because a. there were loads and b. if you couldn't find one the pool staff were always amazingly helpful and would get you one. There were also lots of nice shady bits, ping pong tables by the pool areas and lots of cafe areas near the hotel if you wanted to sit in the shade and have a drink.

Also the kids loved the ice lollies which were like mini choc ices on sticks, a fab idea and available from about 11am.

The food was a bit mixed I would say - sometimes the fish and chips in the basket was lovely other times it was slightly undercooked. The chicken dishes had quite a bit of skin and bone in them so I just learnt to go for the fish more often or beef which were really good generally.

Breakfast had lots of choice but you had to queue for omelettes and things and my main criticism was that they kept moving the bread rolls around/the butter/the sauces/ lemon wedges etc so if it could take you ages to find the stuff you liked. But its not like anyone would ever starve there were always loads of croissants and nice bread rolls or pre-cooked scrambled egg with vegetabes in and cereals etc.

The kids mini disco would have been good when the kids were younger - great location - semi inside and near the bar so adults could go and get the yummy mojitos! The bar man is amazing I have never seen anyone make 20 cocktails before in less than a minute!! London bar staff take note :) A few small tips go a long way we found. The staff we encountered are very honest, one found my husbands rucksack with an iphone in and the kids toys and returned it the next day. I can't remember his name but the very tall bar guy even stayed up after his shift to get it put in a safe so we'd get it back.

I caved in and had a chocolate massage towards the end of the holiday and despite reviews to the contrary it was very good. Different to over here and slightly inimidating at first because of the language barrier but the actual massage itself was better than some of the half hearted ones I've had hotel spas in the UK. My only criticism would be that the shower to wash off the chocolate concoction was really small, just a foot shower and whilst I was having the wrap I could hear it dripping which was a bit annoying. But the lady who did the massage was very good. (Georgia I think she said her name was, she was half Greek) and would definitely recommend it - the chocolate/oils made my skin very moisturised and amazingly soft for several days.

All in all a lovely relaxing holiday - we were there a week during half term which was just right really - the only thing which spoilt it was the bad tummy I picked up on the last day which affected me on the flight on the way back. The airport is dire and food is awful by the way - its v hot with a few flies so be prepared! Also they do a think on the way there where they try and charge you about £50 per family for extra visa stamps. I think you can round this by getting them before you go for a lot cheaper - I'm not convinced we really needed them - the flight attendents said we didn't but its all quite intimidating and everyone else did.

Also the room cleaner gets a mention as his towel sculptures where works of art that the kids really loved and he was really friendly and nice. The room was immaculate, bathroom spacious and clean, kids beds nice and comfy and in a separate area.

All in all I would definitely return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last Nov. the accommodation was lovely, nice big hotel, the rooms were very spacious and clean.

The guy that cleaned our room was very friendly and insisted on calling us his brother and sister. Which was funny to start off with, but not for 7 days. He clearly wanted a tip, which we would have given had he not been irritating. It even got to a point where we use to hide from him.

All the staff are very polite and make an effort but sometimes you want to be left alone and enjoy your holiday...that doesn't happen here. But I think it may be Egypt in general. Everyday they would ask us if we wanted photos taken on the beach, a spa day or any other type of excursions. You say no and they will still go on.

Leaving the resort isn't best. We did one day and the Egyptians just hound you and do not leave you be. We didn't leave again.

You could always get a sunbed and the pools and grounds are beautiful. I agree with another review though, lots of Russians who are very rude, ignorant and if you want quiet, you won't get it with children around the pool. But we just put our earphones in and listened to music.

The weather was lovely about 26-30 degrees each day but quite windy, we did go in their winter. The sun lost its strength at about 3 in the afternoon so if you want to sunbathe all day, it's not a good idea to go in November.

The food...awful!!! We like good food and the food here wasn't 5* whatsoever. We tried all the a la carte restaurants and even they were terrible. I have never had pizza that tasted of air!!! It was so bland and tasteless and really spoilt the holiday. I was ok because I had chocolate on our room but my boyfriend was not impressed at all. On the last night we went to the seafood restaurant, we both had seabass, as opposed to it being white and flaky it was pink and mushy. We left it, told the waiters and walked out. Another night, we went to the Asian restaurant, the food here was less bland but so ridiculously salty. It was horrible.

We both got an upset stomach and I had tablets for the rest of the week. Not good at all. I'm guessing it was the food because we didn't use the pool that much. Not what you want when you're on holiday. It took about 3 weeks for me to get back to normal when we came back.

We did 2 excursions whilst we were there, quad biking in the dessert and snorkelling. Both trips were amazing. We had so much fun and even saw, and swam, with dolphins. It was a fantastic experience. The sea is beautiful and the corals are like another world. If you are going to Egypt you have to do the snorkelling!!!

Our rep Isrra was lovely and very helpful.

Overall, we did have a good holiday because we were together and in the sun but the food and being ill, really ruined it for us. If you like good food on your holiday, here isn't the best place for you. We wouldn't go back and it's more of a 2*-3* on the food quality. The service and accommodation is, in my opinion, a 4*.

• Stayed November 2012
Hany G, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Ms. Laura,
Thank you for choosing Iberotel Aquamarine Resort to spend your holiday.
My team and I would like to assure that it is only through valuable customer feedback we can maintain and more importantly improving the level of customer satisfaction that we aspire to improve.
I do apologize that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Iberotel Aquamarine Resort as our special guest and provide you with upgrade to the next room category complementary extending all VIP amenities and services.
We’ll do our utmost to make you experience an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

Hany Gamal Eldin
Hurghada Area Manager
Iberotel Aquamarine Resort
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have to say, this is one of the better hotels in Egypt. Usuall problem with late booking at reception is what one just have to get used to. Just be careful when recieving your room, in first place, we did get a nice balcony room,nothing wrong with that, apart from the room balcony was heading to another hotel. Could live with that as well, but the hotels were separeted only by the road between them. After some talking again at the reception and loosing half day, we did get another room with balcony heading to the gardens and pools. The grounds of the hotel were very nice and clean. Food was just egypt standard. Rooms were pretty spacious and comfortable.Good entertainment team.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jaz Aquamarine Resort? Share your experiences!