This hotel was a bit of a mixed bag. The grounds were pretty and everything was kept clean. The rooms were nice enough and the management and certain staff gave good service. These were the better points. The bad points are as follows:
- As stated, some of the staff were great but then others were awful, no customer service skills at all. Not 5*.
- I got fed up being perved over by the Topaz and four courners staff everytime i walked past. Have they never seen a woman before?
- The tea, coffee and mini bar items were not replaced every day.
- I developed swimming pool rash and noted a dirty plaster by the pool. Lovely.
- The buffet food was awful. Seasoning was hit and miss, some food was bland and some food was over salted. We are vegetarian and had no choice whatsoever. Food was cold and the pasta sauces were cooked in the same pan as the meat sauce. I had bits of mince in my pasta so left it. Most of the week i had to eat plain pasta and a bit of salad.
- The drinks were not good. Made of local alcohol ie paintstripper and squashes.Sickly and horrible.
- The a la cartes had a better atmosphere but the food was again, poor.
- We both developed a dicky tummy and know it was down to the lukewarm buffet food.
- The juices were mixed with squash and the wine was awful.
- One breakfast at the four corners we picked a table for six people as it had a nice view. There was no one else in the restaurant at all at that time. However we were moved to a table for two with no view by an insistant waitor. I couldnt be bothered to argue by that time. The waitor could see that i was annoyed so after that he decided to take anything that i picked up out of my hands and walk with me to my table with it which was annoying despite me saying no.
- There was no peace at the pools as they played zumba tunes at full blast so we stayed at the beach most of the time which was ok. it didnt have the best location and no matter how far out we walked we did not find any fish.
- Hurghada itself was just a touristy place not as nice as Taba where we went previously.
- We spoke to other people on a day trip to Luxor and they were all staying at the premier le reve hotel which they said was amazing. I wish we had gone here instead.
- The hotel is full of Russians who are extremetly rude and dont expect any peace it is full of babies and small children.
- We were hassled every five minutes whether we were on the beach or poolside and as a result we were never allowed to actually relax. "No" seemed to mean "not now but try and ask me again later/tomorrow".
- At night they watered the plants with a manure smelling water. Perhaps it was fertilizer, but I didnt appreciate it spraying me as i walked by on my way to dinner.
Lastly, I feel i need to speak about the thomsons reps who were both excellent, particulary Israa. What a decent bloke and he sorted us out brilliantly when we had a few issues during our stay. He deserves to represent a better hotel.
So in a nutshell not a 5* more like a 4* in appearance and 3* food.
It was so bad that we have been home three days and have already booked another holiday somewhere else.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for choosing Iberotel Aquamarine Resort to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.
I do apologize that you were dissatisfied during your recent stay with us, I would like to draw your attention that we will take all necessary actions concerning your below comments.
Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Your comments were vital for us and helped us in improving our services and standards. Kindly allow me to invite you back at Iberotel Aquamarine Resort providing an upgrade to the next room category based on hotel availability, complementary extending all VIP amenities and services. Let us assure you this time will we’ll do our utmost to make your stay as pleasant as you were expecting.
Hurghada Area Manager
Iberotel Aquamarine Resort
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.