“Thinking about return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Aquamarine Resort

You added Jaz Aquamarine Resort to your Saves list
Jaz Aquamarine Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Sahl Hashish Road | Magawish District, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #41 of 177 Hotels in Hurghada
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Thinking about return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have to say, this is one of the better hotels in Egypt. Usuall problem with late booking at reception is what one just have to get used to. Just be careful when recieving your room, in first place, we did get a nice balcony room,nothing wrong with that, apart from the room balcony was heading to another hotel. Could live with that as well, but the hotels were separeted only by the road between them. After some talking again at the reception and loosing half day, we did get another room with balcony heading to the gardens and pools. The grounds of the hotel were very nice and clean. Food was just egypt standard. Rooms were pretty spacious and comfortable.Good entertainment team.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was a bit of a mixed bag. The grounds were pretty and everything was kept clean. The rooms were nice enough and the management and certain staff gave good service. These were the better points. The bad points are as follows:

- As stated, some of the staff were great but then others were awful, no customer service skills at all. Not 5*.
- I got fed up being perved over by the Topaz and four courners staff everytime i walked past. Have they never seen a woman before?
- The tea, coffee and mini bar items were not replaced every day.
- I developed swimming pool rash and noted a dirty plaster by the pool. Lovely.
- The buffet food was awful. Seasoning was hit and miss, some food was bland and some food was over salted. We are vegetarian and had no choice whatsoever. Food was cold and the pasta sauces were cooked in the same pan as the meat sauce. I had bits of mince in my pasta so left it. Most of the week i had to eat plain pasta and a bit of salad.
- The drinks were not good. Made of local alcohol ie paintstripper and squashes.Sickly and horrible.
- The a la cartes had a better atmosphere but the food was again, poor.
- We both developed a dicky tummy and know it was down to the lukewarm buffet food.
- The juices were mixed with squash and the wine was awful.
- One breakfast at the four corners we picked a table for six people as it had a nice view. There was no one else in the restaurant at all at that time. However we were moved to a table for two with no view by an insistant waitor. I couldnt be bothered to argue by that time. The waitor could see that i was annoyed so after that he decided to take anything that i picked up out of my hands and walk with me to my table with it which was annoying despite me saying no.
- There was no peace at the pools as they played zumba tunes at full blast so we stayed at the beach most of the time which was ok. it didnt have the best location and no matter how far out we walked we did not find any fish.
- Hurghada itself was just a touristy place not as nice as Taba where we went previously.
- We spoke to other people on a day trip to Luxor and they were all staying at the premier le reve hotel which they said was amazing. I wish we had gone here instead.
- The hotel is full of Russians who are extremetly rude and dont expect any peace it is full of babies and small children.
- We were hassled every five minutes whether we were on the beach or poolside and as a result we were never allowed to actually relax. "No" seemed to mean "not now but try and ask me again later/tomorrow".
- At night they watered the plants with a manure smelling water. Perhaps it was fertilizer, but I didnt appreciate it spraying me as i walked by on my way to dinner.

Lastly, I feel i need to speak about the thomsons reps who were both excellent, particulary Israa. What a decent bloke and he sorted us out brilliantly when we had a few issues during our stay. He deserves to represent a better hotel.

So in a nutshell not a 5* more like a 4* in appearance and 3* food.

It was so bad that we have been home three days and have already booked another holiday somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hany G, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Aquamarine Resort to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.

I do apologize that you were dissatisfied during your recent stay with us, I would like to draw your attention that we will take all necessary actions concerning your below comments.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Your comments were vital for us and helped us in improving our services and standards. Kindly allow me to invite you back at Iberotel Aquamarine Resort providing an upgrade to the next room category based on hotel availability, complementary extending all VIP amenities and services. Let us assure you this time will we’ll do our utmost to make your stay as pleasant as you were expecting.

Hany Gamaleldin
Hurghada Area Manager
Iberotel Aquamarine Resort
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

With out doubt we can not fault this hotel. The rooms were large with comfortable beds and cleaned to a very high standard. In fact the whole hotel was constantly being cleaned day and night. Plenty of activities for all ages, everyone was catered for. The food choices were good and we would particularly recommend the Italien and Lebanese (we ate until we were stuffed). The cocktail list was extensive far bigger than most all inclusives. The staff were very friendly and the management team were always on hand and making sure all the guests were happy. Yes we were hassled a bit at the beginning for photographs, spas, dives etc when we just wanted to relax but once we politely declined we were left without alone and it wasnt a problem.

Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a huge resort on the coast. It is very well run and the 'al a carte' restaurants (where a limited menu is served to you) are a nice touch which breaks the monotony of the buffet. As you would expect the included drinks are all local. Take Out bags available for breakfast and lunch.
The marjority of the staff were very friendly, met a few who were having a bad day. The Spa was very good but haggle hard on the price, avoid the salon and the attached dive centre.
Room was spacious and very comfortable.
Very limited free Wifi in lobby

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

one of the best all over the world ,wowww perfect for familly and alsoo amazing for youth , but the desserts wasnt good and no varaity , its was eastern , for me i like western dessert,, the waterrrr bottle they get the worst water type bottle on earth { masa}

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Groenekan, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We consider ourselves spoilt world travelers. And we probably are - knowing others have seen more. I was looking forward to a week of sunshine whilst accepting an all-inclusive experience which is not my favorite set-up to say the least. I don't like large tourist crowds diving onto huge buffets and on drinking binges - after all - it's free (you think?). I don't like the smell of hot meals and barbecues everywhere you go - I don't like standing in line behind a barefoot chubby smelly lady in her swim shorts taking her time to pick the best piece of pork in the trough. I don't like stressed unhappy staff running their feet off to oblige the spoilt and unsatisfied tourist who thinks he's god during his stay in a country beneath his own. So, I was going to have some sun and take the rest for granted. Boy was I wrong.
The Aquamarine staff is professional and forthcoming - the food is fantastic - even when we don't consider the amounts they have to produce. Fresh - well made and the chef knows his herbs. Impressive stuff. We even had fresh crabs grilled one night - delicious. The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of wardrobes and good beds. The hotel complex is subtly stuffed with a lot of swimming pools - some of them are heated depending on the season. The entire premises is continuously and neatly kept and the set up keeps the experience quite cosy.
To do the hotel and it's staff right I do have one point of criticism. The shops and Spa are independent to the hotel but their presentation stands out negatively. Especially the Spa people roaming the pools for clients are unkind and almost aggressive in their approach. I remember one name: Zizo - I think - he should go and find a job as a second hand car salesman - you know the type. His and his colleagues' tone of voice and body language are way out of line. The Spa does not have fixed prices and you have to make a deal based on trust and good faith. Now, I don't mind that, but my wife does. It is also stupid because she normally takes 3 massages in a week but now she didn't, she didn't feel welcome.
The price we paid all inclusive came to around 1/3 of a skiing trip to Austria. I've had enough snow this year. In all we had a great week with the family and I enjoyed more than just the sunshine only 5 hours from Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be in the shade all day - if you like that ask for such a room - if you don't avo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently came back from a week away with one of my best friends.
When we arrived we were very surprised at how big the hotel and grounds were and though we would get lost, we do however find our way very easily. Shame the reception did not give us a map of the layout like they did other guests!
It was great to be able to go to different pool areas depending on whether you were looking for some peace and quiet or some energy to wake you up! The fitness programs were great offered lots of different levels of exercise for those wishing to partake. I have never seen so many people on holiday joining in the aqua aerobics!
The staff were very friendly and happy to get your drinks while you are relaxing on the sun loungers. They are not supposed to ask you for tips – we did give them some though!
The buffet food was OK – I would not say 5 star – I found the variety rather lacking and a few people we got chatting too did say other hotels in the area had a better selection. I would say however book the al carte great service and the food was so much better. There was no extra charge for us with the booking. We were however 2 minutes late for one reservation and got told off and nearly refused entrance!
I was not overly happy with the cleaner – we gave him a very good tip at the beginning, yet he kept hoping for more! Every time we went to the room he seemed to be there and would just follow us in…. I asked him twice to leave so I could use the bathroom. He also asked us to change £6 pound coins and give him £10 we refused and said he needed more coins! 2 days before we were leaving he also said he would not be working (hinting for a tip again). We did not give him anymore and he did work the next couple of days and felt he was a bit crafty!
The gym is rather small for the amount of guests they had on site and I was asked (by a new member of staff) if I could finish using a machine before the maximum time allowance. I questioned why and he said it was very busy and others wished to use the machines, the person on the machine next to me had been on longer! I felt rather embarrassed with the way this was handled and did not feel I could go back. I did complain and they said they would speak to him about it – nothing else was mentioned and I felt it would have been good to have got some feedback or….
The treatment rooms were fab. Fish to nibble on your feet, or a sauna, Jacuzzi to relax before you have some very professional amazing massages.
We do go into town (with a local) which was a 15 minute cab drive. We would not walk down the street on our own as would have had too much hassle. However the harbour is great and you could have a night out here without feeling intimidated.
Overall a nice experience I would consider going back again, but also may try another… if I did travel on my own, which I do sometimes, I would have felt safe doing so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jaz Aquamarine Resort? Share your experiences!