“amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Aquamarine Resort

Save Saved
You added Jaz Aquamarine Resort to your Saves list
Jaz Aquamarine Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Sahl Hashish Road | Magawish District, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #31 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Darwen, United Kingdom
“amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just got back from an amazing week at this hotel and it is safe to say it exceeded all expectations. First and foremost I would just like to say that I had ice in my drinks, I ate the fresh fruit and salad and I brushed my teeth using the tap water - and I am still here to tell the tale so don't let any horror stories put you off enjoying your holiday (I worried myself before we went by reading some reviews!) The staff were always friendly and chatty and there wasn't a minute in the day when they weren't cleaning some part of the resort, it was exceptionally clean. Our room was gorgeous, the towel art we had every day was a lovely touch and it was very spacious. The food was also lovely - we tried all 4 a la carte restaurants as well as the buffet and enjoyed everything, especially the freshly cooked omelettes in the morning - I miss that already! Drinks were also always very tasty - especially the cocktails! I didn't want to come home, and I would go back tomorrow if I could! Well worth it's 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Goleniow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel and again I had a great time. From checking in to checking out I could not have asked for better service. Check-in was smooth and efficient and I was personally escorted to my room where I waited approx 10 minutes for my cases to arrive.
The hotel is huge, lots of different swimming pool areas and bars. It is very well maintained and every part of the hotel is spotless, constantly being cleaned, even through the night.
The rooms are large and very comfortable. There was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for clothes etc. and a modern flat screen TV. The facilities are great and clean, bathrooms are spacious with shower and a bathtub, giant and comfortable bed. My housekeeper was amazing, always giving me some lovely towel art to look at.
I ate in different al a carte restaurants. The Italian and the Fish (my favourite seafood) were great with absolutely fantastic and friendly staff. The food choice was unbelievable and everything was cooked to perfection and the presentation was outstanding. Also the Chinese was amazing! I would recommend the teppanyaki dinner - a great show ! The staff at the bars and restaurants could not do enough to ensure that people were well looked after and had everything they needed. They were immensely friendly helpful and attentive and their eye for detail was meticulous. Very impressed. I also was invited to the kitchen for a tour. Standards of cleanliness were excellent
The Animation Team, particular Syntia and Ania, were also excellent in providing great dance shows at night and plenty of activities if you wanted to join in in the the day.
Many thanks to all management team - an extra big "thank you" to Mohamed Hassan who made me feel so welcome.
I would like to say a huge thank you to all managers, chefs and every single member of staff at the Aquamarine for making my holiday so special! I will definitely be going back there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were there in September 2012. As we have booked last minute offer, price was great, and for sure hotel is/was above expectations. As I didnt like Egypt at all, I would not come back, but it has nothing to do with a hotel. Our room was great, pool view, in the middle of the complex, 3-4m to the swimming pool. Staff there is not talking to you except if you ask something (which is very unusual for Egypt) and I liked that the most (I really needed some quiet vacation with out boring people). Food was great, i did not have any stomach problems, and didnt saw or meet someone who had it. It more european cuisine, with some egypt sweets (not so tasty).

I saw that some people where talking about "place reservation with towels behind the pools". As I m waking up at 05:00, there is a lot of people who are doing that, and staff is not putting any towels for someone else. Sorry, but wake up early and there is a lot free place.

We came at hotel aprox. at 11:30, so we didnt wait for a long time, but i saw some people having a really big problem with that check in time. Some flight were arriving at 06-07 o clock in the morning and people had to wait until 12 to get room. That can be a big problem there.

There is no beach (thats true) except maybe for the small kids. I didnt care about that

Room Tip: Seaside viwe is not worth of paying a higher rates. As there is nothing special "nice" at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

no comment the best hotel and service
The problem is that the sea is very shallow, so it must a little more to walk up to a depth
sport is super organized
The food is excellent
You have several restaurants
Hotel is clean
Service 5 stars , 100 percent in this hotel
this was my second time here in hotel !!!

Room Tip: any room ist good room !!!!! in this hotel!!!!!!!1
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to the resort from 1st-8th of Feb. We Wanted a quick week away not too far from the airport. We looked at previous reviews to help us choose a hotel. we found the check in was Speedy and the luggage arrived promptly we made the most of our week and used all of the a la cart restaurants and all were Excellent. The buffet restaurants were equally as Good But we found them busy at times. Drinks coffee and cocktails where all of a good standard Especially the house Rosé. The Complex itself was very spacious We never had a problem finding a sunbed. The hotel Had a big mix of nationalities including alot of egyptians on holiday which was nice to see. We met a lot of friendly people and I will definitely go and visit there again. Big thank you to all the staff who work very hard and nothing was a problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at the Aquamarine from 21st Jan - 4th Feb 2013. Fabulous hotel. Very efficient from the word go. Have never had such a quick checkin procedure. Everything ready for us from room keys to towel cards and a present of Egyptian book marker. Lovely touch.
The hotel was immaculate everywhere from the main foyer, pool areas, restaurants and the bed rooms.Different towel sculptures every day by Ahmed who went out of his way to please us.
Ate mainly in Four Corners Restaurant which again was immaculately clean and very efficient. The managers of the Four Corners,Abdul Mohamed and Abdul Elghafar made our holiday for us. Mr. Elghafar is a lovely, funny guy who wanted to make sure our holiday was special. The waiters, table clearers, chefs and everyone at this restaurant were out to please without being in your face.
Would certainly recommend this Hotel and will definitely be going back.
Also thanks to Thomson for getting us out of Birmingham right on time despite the snow.
John and Fran Pressley- South Wales

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking quiet pool were generally quieter but not a noisy hotel anyway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to the Iberotel Aquamarine Resort from the 21st of January to the 4th of February 2013 and were highly impressed by the hotel and resort. Very clean, very relaxing and well worth five stars. We'd like to thank Adbul Mohamed the services manager and Adbul Elghafarz the restaraunt manager of the Four Corners Restaruant for the excellent way they run the restaraunts, and wed like to give special thanks to all the boys that serve and all the chefs. Also a very special thank you for the boys that clean the rooms and leave towel sculptures; rooms were spotless and the sculptures were gorgeous! Cannot wait to visit again next year! Margaret and Brian Pollard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jaz Aquamarine Resort? Share your experiences!