I travelled for a week in December with a friend for a relaxing holiday. This is a great hotel overall and I had a great holiday. The main reason for choosing Egypt was the weather for this time if year and we had blazing sun everyday.
The check in was easy but we were left on our own to try and find our room. We had to stop and ask a cleaner for directions. The hotel was full of German and Russian families.
This was a great hotel and had everything you could have wanted. It was spotlessly clean, the facilities were all you could want and more. The pool area at the Bluemarine was under construction but there was still room for everyone around the pool and no fighting over sunbeds.
The rooms are a decent size and cleaned everyday. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The towel art was brilliant and a nice surprise to come back to. The shower was a bit rubbish and didn't have much power and leaked all over the bathroom floor. I was a little disappointed that for an all inclusive hotel we were only provided with one bottle of water per day. Anything above this we had to pay extra for. The mini bar has a small selection of soft drinks and chocolates at extra charge.
The first day we were hassled 27 times in the first hour to ask if we wanted a spa, massage, hair cut, hair colour, manicure, pedicure, quad bike, camel ride, horse ride, scuba dive... The list goes on... Some were quite forceful but most were friendly.
The staff in the restaurant were friendly, some were weird and wanted to 'do anything I asked for as I was from England' and insisted on reserving a table for me for all meal times.
The reception staff were extremely rude and are the main reason I would not return to this hotel. I settled the mini bar bill and paid for the room extension on the final day and even produced the receipts but they were insisting I had to pay this. They wouldn't accept the receipts as evidence as the computer was showing I still had to pay. This was eventually sorted but after they got rude and I demanded that they find Peter who took the payment from me. I didn't even get an apology!!!!!
The food is ok for an all inclusive. It does get a little repetitive towards the end of the week but there was a selection and the a la carte restaurants for a change and I would highly recommend the Lebanese restaurant but the Italian was a little disappointing and bland.
As 2 women in Egypt it was not safe to leave the hotel. One early evening we went outside the hotel for a little walk and got followed by 2 creepy men which put me off going outside again even through the daytime.
It's a shame the reception staff were so rude as this is the only thing that would stop me returning to this hotel...
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel
- Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iberotel Aquamarine Resort is made for those who want to spoil themselves with the prefect, relaxed, All inclusive luxurious five-star Egypt holiday. Located on the southern tip of Hurghada with its own unspoiled private beach, this impressive complex features seven restaurants.It boasts over 1,001 comfortable rooms equipped with all the latest facilities, services and amenities as well as the “Mercato” shopping complex and a conference centre for up to 1500 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Jaz Aquamarine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.