For the price we paid, the stay was excellent. It's not a 5-star hotel but a 4/4.5 star hotel. I enjoyed the stay thoroughly. The reception and service was excellent and there is good free Wifi but I think the paid Wifi is excellent value for money (fast). The sleep quality was OK - good because the bed was very comfortable, bad because the loud disco music till 1 or 2am, and the walls been a bit hollow - you could hear the people above moving around. Cleanliness is superb - rooms cleaned daily and well - poolside/exterior very clean. The location is good - but not the best - Luxor is a long reach away and possibly dangerous with the current situation. We walked out of the hotel once and were dogged by people asking if we wanted a taxi and people trying to drag us into their stores and the shops are full of tacky, glow-in-the-dark pharoahs and more..! Rooms were great the only let down - showers - the showers are so, so poor and its an issue which needs addressing - they were very poorly powered - water was so slow and dribbled out, also sometimes I found the shower was not that hot it was just tepid. I did not try the spa so I cannot give an accurate review of it - but the people come round selling treatments all the time. Breakfast and food was good, the buffet could have had a bit more choice. The one dissapointment with food was the Ginger, Al-la-carte, they got our order completely wrong, and the portion sizes were tiny - we had to go to the buffet after to feed our appetite! Another point is if you are with Thomson All-inclusive you can visit the al-la-cartes as much as you want for free which I don't think is what Thomson advertise. The staff are very friendly and speak great English.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel
- Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iberotel Aquamarine Resort is made for those who want to spoil themselves with the prefect, relaxed, All inclusive luxurious five-star Egypt holiday. Located on the southern tip of Hurghada with its own unspoiled private beach, this impressive complex features seven restaurants.It boasts over 1,001 comfortable rooms equipped with all the latest facilities, services and amenities as well as the “Mercato” shopping complex and a conference centre for up to 1500 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Jaz Aquamarine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.