“Hmm would we go again???” 4 of 5 stars

Jungle Aqua Park Hotel
Safaga Road P.O.Box 110, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #15 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
llanelli
“Hmm would we go again???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had fancied this hotel for a couple of years and decided to go relatively last minute, we got there quite late at night, reception was busy with quite an unorganised check in service, decided to take a look around the restaurants, plenty of different ones to choose from, the food wasn't to bad. The rooms were a good size and ours was positioned perfectly for the waterpark and was a real sun trap out on the balcony. The hotel is massive but found the water park to be quite claustraphobic, having been to their sister hotel over in sharm m, and the pools were ridiculously cold, they only heated up one in the whole complex, no one could use the cold pools, they would have died from hyperthermia. On the 2nd day I developed a dodgy belly and had to stay in bed for 2 days, the cause was unknown. Don't think I would return the this hotel, I found the staff quite rude especially in the ice cream parlour, the staff over in sharm were much nicer, and the aqua park was a let down

• Stayed January 2013

1,325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a family we returned to jungle aqua park again in June, previously visited November , as all other reviews we had a good holiday! It is good value for money and lovely pools!
As others say the staff are friendly and work very hard, rooms are good and clean so are pools!
But as we returned we didn't expect it to be so busy! This made a big difference to our previous experience and we also thought the food wasn't as good, it was okay and there's plenty of choice! But mainly the meat is of a poorer standard so when there's something nice on offer it was snatched up straight away and they weren't cooking enough fast enough, making meal times hard work! So a trip to the local McDonald's was amazing! Haha.
If you like it hot 46/48 in the day and 35 at night you won't be disappointed, no cardigans required!
Mosquitos weren't too bad this time, the other moan I had was if you sit outside to eat you are surrounded by people smoking!!
It's a good place to visit hope they don't let things slip!!

Room Tip: Rooms nearer main pools may experience noise at night time
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We travelled as a couple and it was our first time in Egypt. Transfers to/from the hotel from/to the airport very simple organised and OK. Hotel was great, nice and helpful staff at the reception. Our bungalow was very nice and clean as advertised on the hotel web page. Cleaning was every day, our cleaner was a very nice and polite person. All the pool were clean and well maintained although if you want to catch a good placed sun bed you have to wake up around 8 o clock to put your towel on it. The aqua park was fun, we spend there a lot of time,just can`t get enough of the "thrill" slides :) The hotel have a shared beach, not it`s own but there is a shuttle bus every 30min, so there is no problem to get to the beach. The restaurants were great. Each one cooked a bit different cuisine. The food was good every day. I don`t understand why so many people complained about the food.(funny is that most of then are British) There are 6 restaurants so you will definitely find something for every taste. Bars, coffees and other,all were also great. That are the good points. The less good points are that there are about 100 sellers that want to sell you some massages, safaris and other staff. I know it`s their job,but the last 2-3 days of our holiday it started to be really annoying. Most of the hotel staff did not expect you to tip them,but it does make a difference when you do, trust me ;) To summarise it was the best holiday we had so far. I would recommend this hotel not just to families, even couples would enjoy their stay like we did.

Room Tip: Our room was 1046, close to water park. If you want a sun bed with good location you have to wake up...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmpt-Germany Holland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rooms are great the pool is great and the food is okay. Pool bar is cool and there are lots of pools to choose from. Lots of restaurantes to choose from but food isn't great although it is sometimes really good. The beach is great and theres a small reef you can snorkel on.Food on the beach isn't great but its okay. Theres a bar on the beach as well which is okay and you can drink beer there until the sun goes down. Beach can get a bit windy to say the least but it is usually not so bad. Beach is about 10 minutes walk across the road or two minutes on shuttle bus. Aqua park is great and the food there is great to and both are inclused in the all inclusive package.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel in the last week of February for one week. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who took our luggage to the room. The complex is huge and is very easy to get lost, it took almost two days to work out where to go. We were close to both the restaurants and aqua park - but still had peace and quiet. There are several restaurants to chose from, we ate at the Meditteranean most nights and during the day. We also enjoyed the restaurant near to the Aqua Park which was great for light snacks, pizzas, glass of rosé etc. Overall the food was OK I would rate it as a 3 plus. It's all buffet type food and I think if we stayed anymore than one week - I would have lost the will to live! We did enjoy the Mc Donalds down at the shopping Mall though. That aside, the hotel grounds are beautiful, the Aqua Park is fantastic both my kids aged 2 and 9 loved me. Both me and my partner loved if too - the slides are great but the pools are FREEZING and I didn't want to keep the kids in there for too long. Not sure if the temperature changes throughout the year but in February / March is was freezing! We also visited the health spa which was lovely, I could have easily spent all our money in there. The staff are very helpful - our favourite place was the JAZZ bar - the hot chocolates are amazing! I can't comment on the entertainment as we didn't get to see this, we saw karaoke going on but with two very tired children after a long day in the sun we would head back to the room around 10. Overall we were pleased with our stay even more so as we got it at a good price. I wouldn't return again, having been to Egypt before I much prefer Sharm El Sheikh which has better night life, restaurants and the beach is out of this world! Although there is a free shuttle to the beach we were very disappointed when we got there. I've seen better beaches in the UK. I would definitely recommend going on some excursions as well which are reasonably priced. We went over to the hotel next door for an Egyptian night and also on the Jeep Safari - a big thumbs up!
My overall rating for this hotel would be a 3 plus maybe 4 star :-)

• Stayed February 2013
uk england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is spread out so you do have a different experience, most rooms are overlooking there own pool, tip of you don't get the room you like tell them immediately and they will try and accommodate your request.rooms were cleaned daily and the staff ask you is everything ok, we did tip the cleaner but think you will have the same service even if you don't, ask for soft drinks in your room if you want it.
Pools were great and the aqua park was fun, tip take decent pool shoes you can keep them on going down slides and in pools as the tiles are hot and slippy.
Restaurants are nice, food is hit and miss, didnt go hungry but stuck to the same foods mainly the fresh pizzas,but here was variety you just had to go to each restaurant to find
It first, the atmosphere round the restaurants was lovely. The bars were great, lovely coffee and hot chocolates and iced
Drinks.
Shopping mall 5 mins walk away, lovely little sheesha and restaurant next to McDonald's called cordoba. Marina 20 min taxi ride away, lots of bars and sheesha cafes. Promenade was ok, little souvenir shops and restaurants ok for a couple of hours in the evening.
Went on the snorkelling trip booked through aqua tours at the hotel, paid £35, worth the money although the food served on the boat wasn't nice so
Ended up buying sandwiches at paradise island and not having much time on the beach, which is clean and the water was crystal clear.
Hotel spa, the guys will come round and find you and try to sell this to you if you don't want it just say no at the beginning and they will leave you alone, we paid £23 for a 40 min Egyptian massage which was great, and they have me a mini facial as it was my birthday, the jacuzzi and free drink wasn't up to much.
To sum the review up if you get a good deal this place is great for family, if you want an intimate atmosphere where you have one restaurant and one pool and lots of English guests then this is not for you.

• Stayed June 2013
Strood, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I would just like to say that my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the Jungle Aqua. The rooms are great, especially with the much needed air conditioning! Our cleaner was so helpful and could not do enough for us. He kept our fridge stocked, the room spotless, made lovely towel art, and was very friendly and professional.

The lifeguard who was on duty each day on the pool directly outside our room was a very friendly and funny playful guy who made our days around the pool enjoyable. He interacted with the children and adults, and we had fun getting him wet. He also kept a careful vigil over both our children and all the children in the pool.

We mostly ate in the Mediterranean restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was delicious with a great selection, and Mohammed Ali looked after us perfectly making sure there was a table for us each evening, that our glasses were never empty, and made some beautiful table art with napkins, candles and flowers. A very friendly, professional, and cheerful man.

I must say the resort as a whole is spotlessly clean, and I noticed the groundsmen, pool staff, and cleaners work tirelessly to keep the resort meticulously clean.

Just a few comments on what I think could be improved:

1) Perhaps a dustpan and brush in the rooms would be quite useful. I felt rather guilty at the crisp and muffin crumbs that my children managed to get all over the floor and would have liked to clean them up rather than leave the mess for the poor cleaner who must have thought us very messy!

2) My 2 year old daughter loved the dance floor situated in the middle of the pool outside of the main strip of restaurants. However, my partner and I were constantly on alert and worried incase she might trip and end up either in the pool or hitting her head on the concrete floor on the way down into the pool. I would definitely suggest that a fence of some sort be erected around the dance floor. I see there are posts in place and presume that they are in the process of doing this.

3) I do feel there needs to be a bit more evening entertainment for the children, besides the amusement arcades. Whereas us adults are quite happy to sit and relax at the tables around the pool and soak up the atmosphere, I feel the children need to have more of a selection of entertainment.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you and will most definitely be returning again and recommending it to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jungle Aqua Park Hotel? Share your experiences!