“Perfect Holliday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Bucharest, Romania
“Perfect Holliday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been in the hotel in the last week of April, with my family (including two kids - 4 and 11). We have had a perfect vacation. This is the second vacation to Hurghada this year, after a trip in March in Titanic Beach Hotel. Jungle Aqua-park is a better choice by far, especially if you travel with kids.
Except for a trip to the beach (5 minutes with the free bus - coming every other 5 min), we didn't feel the need to get out of the resort.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms and all amenities are spotless and the food was great. I have been reading the negative comment of all Brits about the "Russian experience" or the lack of variety on food, but they are false. Indeed, there are many Russians, but I've had a much worst experience in Titanic hotel. Here, there is a fine mix of nationalities.
In terms of food, I can recommend the Asian - Italian corner, where all the choices can be satisfied (including the always whinnying vegetarians). For the dinner, just go before 7 PM, to catch a table in the area and give a tip to the first waiter and he will take care of you the whole evening ;-))
The same tip is welcomed in the Aqua-park in the morning of your first day, and every day the pool-boys will keep you a nice sunbed for the entire vacation ;-)
If you go to the shop behind the Italian Restaurant BE AWARE - they will overcharge any purchase, unless you look into the screen of the cashier to see the real price. This is a good recommendation for the hotel's administration : to check a little the illegal practices there...!!!
Don't fall the offer of a "better room", including explanations about the "sliding doors between rooms"... just ask them to give you a room in the area you want - unless you want to pay extra 5 USD per day...;-)
Finally, I can say I want to go back as soon as possible !!!

Room Tip: A good compromise is the area of 1000+ rooms. They are located between the restaurants/reception are...

1,338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Myself and partner took our two sons (11mths & 9yrs) for one week from 21st april. I had read lots of reviews before hand and I am glad to say the hotel really did live up to the hype.

When we first arrived at hurghada airport we were herded like cattle through to get visas, we broke away from the crowd and got our visas at the bank £41 for all 4 and no queing!!

We stayed in room 1021, brilliant location, next to reception, close to aquapark and next to a pool.

The whole resort is kept spotless, day and night.

All the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The shops on the resort are very expensive and even after haggling you're still out of pocket. I went to the onsite phamacy and he wanted £4 for a pack of wet wipes!! I would recommend a 10min walk to the senzo mall where everything is much cheaper.

We had heard bad things about the food and the first few days we really struggled, but once we had found our way around we could all find something to eat. The mexican restaurant by the aquapark and le marche were the best we found.

We did leave tips for house keeping and requested extra bottled water, a kettle, sprite and coke and it was never too much trouble. We also tipped the waiter in the restaurant only a pound every few days and our glasses were never left empty.

Whilst there we took 2 trips with thomson, one quad biking and the other snorkelling both were fantastic and well worth the money!

Room Tip: Rooms located in 1000's have a better location
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is very good, very clean and based on our experience a great family resort and would highly recommend. Our family are well travelled including 3 visits to egypt and this is an honest assessment.

The moans

The food was reasonable, not great or excellent. My daughter is vegetarian and the amount on offer was little.
The room was cleaned daily however, the cleaner accidentially left our patio door unlocked on 2 occassions, luckily nothing was lost or taken
Dont buy the wifi service, complete load of crap. paid £50.00 for the week and the download speed and access was very poor and intermittent and each day excuses where given by the provider. This is not a service provided by the hotel but a 3rd party within the hotel.
I found the entertainment staff did not entice participates with sports such as volley ball etc, which I have always enjoyed playing. I found the entertainment staff made little effort to get people involved on all previous trips the entertainment walked around the pools, talked to guests and suggested there involvement, I was never approached once. This lead to lack of involvement in the sports or entertainment during the day.
I was informed the hotel can cater for upto 3700 guests, the theater where evening entertainment was played clearly could not accommodate for anywhere near this in addition the room was very tired and the seat where uncomfortable designed so you dont sit and stay.
If I was being extra critical - I prefer a bath rather than a shower.
The pools are liner pools and in poor condition and need replacing.
I noticed on day one allot of military fighter jets around the area and one maverick decided to fly just meters above our resort which was unnecessary and unsettling as to why they were visible and so noisy but guess this is not a resort issue.

Good Stuff

Firstly - if you are a couple I dont recommend this place for you
This place is very clean and tidy and if you find an issue the management are rapid to respond, I kid you not, I made a complaint and within minutes I had two managers at my door seeking to remedy the situation.
The rooms are nicely designed and in good order
The catering staff where willing to cook whatever you like for example I designed a few vegetarian dishes in the morning for my daughter and they were prepared accordingly.
The staff where generally excellent and very attentive and the ethos and impression we got that the staff wanted to communicate and look after you, this was very impressive and made our holiday more enjoyable.

I would very much suggest you tip well, we did and it enhanced our experience. Whilst I dont think by not tipping you would have a worse experience but this achieved an enhanced experience especially where the children are concerned. I noted on a prior comment a person suggesting £5.00 tip for a week stay is sufficient and relates to one months pay, this is not the case. We tiped and budgeted to spend between £10-15 a day and was well worth it. The benefits I can not tell you as I understand the staff may get in trouble but rest assured tip well and you will get that extra special treatment.

My final point is if you are a family and want to get involved as a family - GO - You will have lots of fun!!

This resort could be a 5 star hotel - just need a few tweeks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My partner and I (23&25) have just returned from a fantastic time at Jungle Aqua Park, as soon as i arrived i went ''wow'' as the place looked amazing!
The rooms were fantastic, we were in room 1102. all of the bungalows are situated by a pool. The water park was brilliant, some days it was very busy, i imagine in the summer months it will be very busy!
The food got a bit boring for me as im vegetarian, but i knew this already from previous all inclusive experiences.

Dont bother paying for the internet, if you go to the shopping mall (8min walk) there is a fantastic coffee shop that does lovely food and ice cream that offers free wifi, so we did that a few times! the supermarket in the shopping mall, is also a lot cheaper than the onsite shops if you need lilos, snacks etc. food and drink is dirt cheap in the supermarket.

Dont bother with the spa. as its a rip off campared to what you would pay in the uk!

The transfer was less than 15mins, which made a nice change to the usual long transfer. the weather was fanstastic, all in all we had a fantastic holiday! ive been home a day and already want to go back!
we went 22-29 apriil 2013, as we got a fanstastic cheap last minute deal for £400!!

Room Tip: pick a pool view room,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had the best time at this hotel nothing was to much trouble for the staff I recomend any one to go,cant wait to return,weather was hot hot hot !!!! And the snorkelling was out of this world xx the food is good lots of choice standard as in all inclusive hotels,I heard bad things about hurghada airport about the visas these were £13 each and change was given in sterling we found everyone friendly and helpful

Room Tip: We had room 1061 these rooms in the 1000's have a lovely quiet pool a nice location
Landrake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Myself, my husband and three daughters, 12,13 & 15 took an excursion trip from our hotel in Makadi Bay to Jungle Aqua Park for the day. When we entered the park we were given tickets (which meant all food and drinks were included in the entry price) and shown by our rep to some sun loungers with umbrellas where we could base ourselves for the day. Lockers were available for a refundable deposit in the changing rooms. The park has some really excellent water slides which are all monitored by staff for safety. There was a bit of a lunchtime queue in the buffet restaurant but plenty of choice. We had a great day and would recommend it here.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

we stayed here in April for 2 weeks and loved it.
Rooms:- good sized room with 1 king sized and 2 single beds seperated by sliding doors, fridge, safe(free of charge) and air conditioning.Kept clean and well stocked by the cleaning guy.
Bars:- we used the Columbus bar where we got great service from friendly staff, low key entertainment in the evenings suited us just fine.
Restaurants:- our favourite was Le Marche where we went each evening, Cliff (the English chef) and the rest of the team make some fabulous meals such as roast beef,duck,chicken,lamb and veal,we used the Mediterranean and Tagine restaurants at lunch time where there was a good variety of foods, Le Marche was in our opinion the best for breakfast as the latte coffees were lovely,the waiters in Le Marche, Mediterranean and Tagine were very friendly and efficient.The jungle bar was always our last stop at night for amazing hot chocolate and our first stop in the morning for English tea.
Pools:- kept very clean by the pool guys,one heated but the cold pools were refreshing anyway in the hot sun.Animation team worked hard throughout the day around the pool.
Gardens:- well maintained with staff constantly tending and watering the grass/plants.
Reception:- helpful staff who could speak and understand English.
A well run hotel which we found met all our expectations and we would definitely return when we next visit Egypt.

Room Tip: room 1067 was ground floor, quiet and close to restaurants and aqua park.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jungle Aqua Park Hotel? Share your experiences!