“Beautiful, friendly an clean” 5 of 5 stars

You added Jungle Aqua Park Hotel to your Saves list
Jungle Aqua Park Hotel
Safaga Road P.O.Box 110, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #13 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
“Beautiful, friendly an clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from jungle park with my partner an 9month old son and we loved it. It was spottless and the staff could not do enough to help!! The water park was fantastic an heated pools for my son. Would definately recommended and we will be going back ourselves in the future. Very happy with the prive and holiday.

1,325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived back after a week stay with my wife and two children (8 & 20months) and what a fabulous time had by all. We've stayed in plenty of Thomson/First Choice water park hotels and for me this was by far the best. The rides in the water park are great and well maintained. There are plenty of sunbeds and never did we have to fret about reserving any. Food was ok, always fresh with plenty of restaurants and snack bars to choose from but can get slightly 'the same' as it tends to when away but still the best we've had at an all inclusive and we've been to plenty! Unusually for first choice the ice cream was available all day not just for half an hour at lunch so no queuing up.
We did quad biking and a boat trip snorkelling, both were very good value and great trips out.
We're planning to return at the end of the year, be aware that British are in the minority compared to mostly Russian polish etc but this to be honest is a bit of a god send if you don't want the all inclusive beer drinkers in your face day and night. All in all recommended!

Derby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

At this time of the year the resort was not over crowded, no queues for the water slides for the children, a good 28 degrees most days, accommodation was really well presented and very clean. Food was generally good but a little on the basic side although plentiful. A vast complex well maintained with great service levels. A great family holiday!

Room Tip: In the 1000 to 1053 is great location for best water slides and general access to all of the complex...
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We traveled to this place 18-22 February 2013. We chose this park because of 2 children (8/10 yrs old). Because I am very able to take one suitcase to my room I took it myself and although the guy bringing us to our room did his best to tell me how light switches work I didn't tip him. This might be the reason that the room service the rest of our holiday was poor. Our room wasn't cleaned before 4 hours. Also our towels became smaller and smaller; at home we dry the dishes with that size!

We were looking forward to the five different restaurants (german, french, italian and so on) but this was a disappointment; the food looked and tasted the same in all restaurants. It seeemd as if the food was all cooked early in the morning and reheated in the evening. Loveless and tasteless are the only words I can use her. I still can't believe the "Russians" who load their plates with food they can't ever eat!

The waterpark was something the kids really were looking forward to! But, lots of slides were out of order during some hours of the day.....lack of power or lack of staff... We' ll never know. The egyptian "lifeguards" didn't care, they managed to keep my wife at the top of an complete empty slide just to meet their own voyeuristic needs.... No more explaination needed....

Actually the most shocking were the safety regulations on Hurghada Airport; wearing everything I always have to take of on other airports in the world, nobody seemed to mather in Hurghada! My wife even took 2 botles of water in her hand luggage and nobody found them.... Nobody was searched so the next airline disaster might be close.

Was everything bad in Egypt? No, the sun was bright and warm, luckily the gin-tonics were OK so we could fall asleep early because of the terrible evening programm. These drinks we'll try somewere else and the Egyptian sun will never ever see us again.

Room Tip: Close to the big pool area there is a lot of noise in the evening, especially near the kids entertai...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have just returned from a family half term holiday with grandma, 2 kids (12 & 9) and my partner and myself.

The kids absolutely loved it, best holiday for them, ever, by a long way. They made English friends quickly and we couldn't get them off the aqua park. They really want to return next year.

My personal opinion:

This hotel is for families with children. Personally, I would not choose this hotel for a couples holiday.

No free wifi! If you want wifi in the hotel it will cost you around £6 for an hour.

If you're looking for snorkelling or diving, again, not at this hotel. There is a courtesy bus to a nearby beach, but no coral.

Food - I loved the food! There are around 7 different restaurants in the complex, mostly buffet style. We tried Italian, Asian, English, Morrocon, Mediterranean and the snack bars. Each restaurant has a different main dish each day and personally, I felt the variety was very good. I heard bad reports of the food being monotonous, but I think that was more due to people not wanting what was on offer and opting to eat chips every day.

The room - we stayed in room 6041 with 2 adults and 2 kids. The room was plenty big enough, divided into two separate sleeping areas with doors in between and 2 tv's. I thought the bathroom was very grotty and unfinished. There was mould around the tiles and the drain in the shower was a broken tile on the floor. There was what looked like cigarette ash around the sink from day 1 and it was never cleaned up during our stay.

Every morning at 8am the cleaners would stand and shout outside our door and wake us all up! After about 3 days this became very tiresome and even after being asked to be quiet, the shouting still continued! I don't think this bothered the people in the room above us too much as they were busy making their own noises, which is not the kind of noises you want your kids hearing really!

The staff - the reception staff are rude! The waiters vary between not being able to do enough for you (if they know you tip them) and rude! It's probably a good idea to tip the restaurant staff and the waiters by the pool on the first day because once you do, they'll keep coming back to fill your glass up and look after you.

The sales people are VERY annoying. They want to sell you spa treatment, snorkelling, quad biking etc and will not leave you alone. Even if you say no, they still persist. Eventually they go away but another one follows shortly. You end up having to be rude to them to stop them pestering you.

My kids wanted to buy some gifts for their friends at school and bartering in the shop left me reaching for a stiff drink afterwards. That said, I bought myself a Mido watch for £35 and got an Ice watch thrown in for free!

Overall - a good holiday! The kids were happy in the water park all day, grandma was happy with the endless supply of food and I was happy because everyone was happy!

Would I return - undecided! I saw an advent on the plane that a sister hotel has opened up in Marsa Alam, south of Hurghada. I think if I decide to return to Egypt with the kids I'll give that one a go instead. There is snorkelling at Marsa Alam which is a big plus for me.

Stoke-On-Trent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our 5th trip to Egypt although all previous were too Sharm / Nabq . We are a family of 2 adults and 10 year old son. The arrival was a long wait for room allocation as there were 160 residents checking in which I suppose is to be expected. We were told to find our own way to reception come out of foyer and turn right ! Hmmmph about an hour it took ...

Food - My son and I both witnessed one of the restaurant managers run his bare hand through the salad buffet area to fluff it up. Then another member of staff empty one of the many bins with his bare hand and then go and attend to the buffet food. If you are at your table eating after 11:00am (in the medaterrean) they try and take your food whilst you are eating it !! as they have to get cleaned up... The Managers are not tolerant of children taking their time to eat. They try and take drinks out of your hand unbelievable... This also happens around the animation bar if you a have any drink at your table after 4:00pm - they are evil and shout close to physically removing it out of your hand. All other bars serve all day but this is by the children play area - so the nearest and safest to stay and watch the children...

After the experience with food - we went out for dinner and my husband had his wallet stolen in reception ? it was found and handed in with all cards but no cash - oddly enough. Hotel Manager advised we could report and get police but he knew where the money was and would get it returned - this never happened. And there was no point calling the police as there was a revolution going on and they were too busy, small crimes not important !!

They clean the tiled floor around the bars in the evening about 9-10:30pm they are lethal if any type of female shoe worn unless a rubber soled flip flop - seriously be warned I reported to reception to be told go away and a few excplitiv words they have no accident book. Rep no where ?

The animation are great for under 5's but 6 yrs to 12 years there is nothing - they play football on fridays only; so if you check in on Friday for a week unlucky.. The water park was fab- but we went on a day when they bring the excursions in and could not get a ring. The other pools look fabulous there are 2 heated but only found 1 - the other look superb but are empty due to freezing temperature.

Tip the waiters and bar staff and it works. All of the staff complain about the Russians - if they are rude to you speak to them, once they realise you are English or Dutch they are great (well most the Managers are the exceptions)

The rooms are great and clean. Overall cleaniness is good its just hygiene in the food areas which is concerning enough for us to have to eat out. Take extra spending money.

My husband was violently attacked by 2 Russian men on our last night whilst walking through the complex - no one helped and as it was our last day they would not report it to the police as they were in the middle of checking in 100' odd guests ... I am taking this matter further as it was the final straw there are many other minor problems we had . The security on the resort are old egyptian (lovely) men but were petrified. They appeared only after the disruption - The Russians were angry that our drinks were free and they had to pay... so decided to bully any one they could find to get their drinks !! ridiculous and should have been dealt with appropriately and not just allowed to do as they wish .

If I can offer any useful advice it would be to go to the Holiday Village in Sharm instead - this was a beautiful and safe environment.

Its a real shame they have the making of a fantastic resort,s, water park great , rooms super and clean. Its the management and hygiene issues in restaurants (food) that really let it down never again. We have never ever experienced anything as bad as this honestly. The 2 incidents truly destroyed our holiday experience.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall i would rate this hotel very well although the food after a while got a bit repetitive. My daughter loved the water park and made lots of friends which in turn made our lives easier. We also have a 6 month old baby which taking her to Egypt worried us a little. There really was no need as she was fine the only thing I would recommend would be to take a travel kettle for making bottles and warming them. There is plenty of free bottled water to boil to make the bottles.

One thing that I must mention is that under no circumstances should you get one of the orange and blue taxis from outside of the complex as I did, we needed something for the baby from the Mall so I jumped in one of these taxi's and when he got me back to the hotel he tried to charge me 100 euros and locked the taxi doors!!!! Luckily I had left the wife and kids back at the room or I may have reacted quite differently and may have stumped it up just to get out of the car. But I stuck to my guns (I have to say the guy had guts I'm 6ft 5 and 19st) but I ended up having to threaten violence in the form of grabbing the guy around the collar, he then opened the doors an dlet me go. (moral to the story is just dont use them)

Dont let this put you off going as we all enjoyed it very much and would go back tomorrow.

Oh one more thing... Ignore the ignorant russians. And when its Strawberries for desert make sure you get in first or they take the lot!!

Room Tip: Get a room in the 1000s
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jungle Aqua Park Hotel? Share your experiences!