“Perfect holiday for families with kids of all ages” 5 of 5 stars

You added Jungle Aqua Park Hotel to your Saves list
Jungle Aqua Park Hotel
Safaga Road P.O.Box 110, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #15 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
“Perfect holiday for families with kids of all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Christmas and new year with three kids 15, 12, 5. We had two bungalow rooms next to each other. First of all the airport, what a mad place. You seem forced on arrival to pay the representatives from thomson to pay them the money for the visa which costs more money than walking straight to the kiosks and paying them direct but it seems something that goes on that no one complains about. The hotel check in was good. My 15 son was given an adult wrist band, he is mature and I was ok with it. He and the 12 year stayed in the room next to us. The rooms are big with tow big rooms and a bathroom. There is a sliding door to separate the kids off which is good if you want to watch tv once there asleep. It seems all the rooms have a pool to share. Very nice and perfect if they were heated. The food was fine, we have been on many all inclusive and the food is as good as the rest with lots of choice. I can understand the word repetitive but there is choices each night with several restaurants severing different themes. There was barbecues outside most evenings for the meat lovers. There was a fast food outlet there open until early evening serving loads of fresh pizza and chips plus other things which to be honest the kids loved. We always after two weeks look forward to home cooked food and I think everyone honest with themselves they would agree. It's not the resort its just normal.
The big plus point to this hotel was it had three separate bars and a nightclub which is unusual for this type of resort in my experience. The evening entertainment was not the best from the team. We never watched any of the shows we just went to the different bars some had music on some had karaoke, some had live music on. The best bit was all the beer was from bottles and it was Stella! The best beer on an all inclusive ever!
The pools and aqua park. Now it was December and while it was hot in the day it was not warm enough to heat the pools. The main pool was heated and I'm sure the aqua park in parts was warmed. It seemed a waste but I can't start to imagine how much it would cost to heat them all. We spent most days around the aqua park, the hotel was full for new year and we had no problem getting a bed round the aqua park pool so big plus. The slides are brilliant and keeps the kids happy for hours. There are ones for all ages and this was the main reason for picking this place as we have big difference in the kids ages it worked brilliantly. We made some friends there and at times 9 of us were going down the same slide at once crazy and lots of fun. There was very little waiting time to get on a slide and some different ones I have never seen before. They open this area up to visitors who wish to pay and I can imagine in the summer this makes the site busy but in the summer there would be lots more pools to use as they would be warmer.
The staff. Most we're great, I think what people forget is that they have to put up with some really rude people all day long every day, I understand they work mainly 12 hour days 7 days a week for 3 weeks before they then get a week off. I can understand we can be demanding and they sometimes get fed up with it. Generally we were well treated and given good service. We then tipped accordingly. You could see how a good tip changed there attitude towards you for sure so if you want to improve the service tip them if not it will be fine. One thing is for sure the hotel could not be cleaner, they are always cleaning. They were cleaning the pool outside our room at 2 am even though no one had been in it.
Location was great close to the airport 20 mins taxi ride to town extremely cheap as well less than £10 return. There is a shopping mall within 10mins walk were there is free wifi. In the mall there is a McDonald's where the Big Macs have 4 burgers!!in them. There is a go kart track which we want on three times and the guy was fine with us smashing them up and his track so that was good fun. £20 for 30 mins.
The downsides. No wifi and if there was wifi working its not free big big downside considering your there for two weeks. It's of the reasons we left the site regularly. The grounds are big so be prepared to walk. We had no problems with this but if you like everything next next to you don't go here. 10 mins each way room to main complex. Russians, now they must be the most ignorant people I have ever met, they push shove there way in every where and they don't care. Put that to one side most of the others are fine. The evening entertainment they need to really invest in this.
I will not review the New Years and Christmas meals as it should not influence your choice to stay there for the next few months. All I will say they went to a lot of trouble. If you want any advice or questions answering let me know happy to help

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

So, before booking the holiday looking at reviews and photos we expected it to be amazing,it looked like just what we needed for a family week away. (2 adults, 2 teens)
First thoughts Weren't the best, got into the hotel to be taken to the indigo bar. We sat for about half an hour while reps took our passports to check us in.(wasn't happy at all) we where told to leave our luggage at reception while someone would bring our luggage to our room. We got to our room about 6pm and just wanted food. Got to 6:45 and we decided to go and get them ourself,
The rooms: comfortable bed,nice linen,large tv,however only 2 English channels which was rather disappointing, free safe which was good, air con and heating but very noisy. Balcony could do with clean up as the bathroom also, no bath only shower. And the water is exerted simply through a loose tile,I'd suggest a refurbish in the bathrooms.
Loose handles on wardrobes and draws, only 1 socket under tv and one on balcony.
YOU NEED LOTS OF MOSQUITO SPRAY!
Only 2 heated pools which is a shame
The food: lacks variety. In a morning there is access to toast, omelet,pancakes, crosants and various similar cakes, they have sausages and mushrooms ect but I advise nit trying them (urghh).they are nice but feel repetitive after a few days
Lunch , at the aqua park resultant they have chips,pizza,hotdogs,nuggets,tortias,pasta,salad,ice cream ect... Nice,but not the best
Dinner, we experienced other of the restaurants and found ' le Marche' nicest of them all. Freshly cooked and full of flavour, as an English chef he was great to talk to. Cliff is his name, remembering the quality of food is much poor in Egypt he did an amazing job! Rehanging from beef, chicken,duck potatoes with garlic and herd, sweet chilli,curry, tomatoed. Rice with different things too, they freshly cook all their veg to order too, as a fussy eater I loved it all!

Complex is too big!! The aqua park is great during th day, comes to a night and its boring. Only on the last day did we find the animation team when it was too late to join in,so on a night we would go into the conolys bar. Good atmosphere with live singers, only one was good which was a big guy. However a English man sung elvis with him. He was better! We tipped them about £5 over the week which is 2 weeks pay for them! and you would never have an empty glass, we have reserved tables every night, such good staff!

You could never meet anyone,the resort is clearly a Russian resort. Full of them and they are so arrogant, then there is german, mabey about 5%english. All the staff like the English and are constantly showing us their hate for Russian and German!

The taxi service is amazing. ONLY TAKE FROM THE HOTEL, DO NOT USE A ORANGE TAXI. Reception told us about them. The quickly swap money and demand more. Charge 10x what they should, the have weapons in their side pocket. While walking to the local shops we witnessed 2 European females being dragged into the taxi, lots of screaming they tried to escape but the driver soon spead off down the straight road while another 2 soon followed, it was such an awfull experience. I'd advise to stay away from the main road if going anywhere!
Really good mall with a 5 min walk, quick transfer from airport
Free buss to beach. 10 min walk to shops (snides)very good.

• Stayed February 2013
Carmarthen, wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We enjoyed our two week holiday at Jungle Aqua Park, our children thoroughly enjoyed.
Everything was immaculate. We stayed from Jan 21st - Feb 4th
We asked to be moved from the room we were allocated, (1116) it was a little grubby, with 4 single beds. We moved to the out skirts of the resort to room 6050, the room was fabulous, and HUGE, with a super king size bed and 2 singles.. quite a walk away from the restaurants, but right next to the Aqua park.. suited us fine..
Our cleaner was brilliant, does a fantastic job, works very hard , and very friendly (Atef) topped up our fridge with Coke and Lemonade regularly, and made some stunning towel art for my 30th.
Yes this place is FULL of Germans and Russians, some very rude, although we regularly heard English families, we made some lovely friends, British and Austrian.
All the staff were fantastic, very friendly, happy, and nothing was too much trouble, I think if you're polite to them they treat you well. We actually felt they were nicer to us Brits than the Germans and Russians..
Our children loved dancing in The Indigo bar (where you are told to wait on arrival) .. It was never busy, and a nice place to chill after the evening meal.
The planes flying over head never bothered us, we were enjoying ourselves too much to notice them tbh...
We had drinks brought to us whenever we wanted them by the lovely waiter Omar, over by the kids pool, nice guy, always asking my girls if they wanted a drink.
The slides are a great laugh, but what ever you do, lift your bottom up on the rubber ring going down the short white slide, I shredded my butt cheeks, and was left with a mahoosive bruise, not a good look! :-)
We wouldn't go back, it was our first all inclusive, and we've learnt it's not really for us, We got bored of the food, Tagine was good place if you wanted something with a bit of flavour... And the afternoon to Hurghada was.. er..well eye opening.
The shopping center up the road was great for getting supplies and a very short walk.
Great for families!! .. kids are still singing "mini disco, mini disco E-I-E-I-O" :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Tonight we returned from a fabulous 10 day all inclusive holiday (children aged 2 & 4) at the Jungle Aqua Park. We were so pleased with our choice, it was excellent value for money and I really couldn't fault anything to do with the park and our children had a brilliant time. Firstly I must mention the wonderful staff - meaning all the staff from the entertainment team to the waiters to the landscapers and pool cleaners, they all work really hard and long hours but are so lovely and always ready with a smile which was so welcoming everyday we were there. Now, I will skip back to arrivals, I had also read about (what I would consider as the Visa scam) from this review page. When you get off the plane a shuttle bus will take you to the airport arrivals and you will be ushered through the doors to a row of kioks ahead of you to get your visa which will cost somewhere between £13-£15 each (people paid £13 the day we came but I understand sometimes they charge £15). Instead look to the left when you come in those doors and there is a row of four bank desks and we bought our visas there for £10 each. I would also recommend changing your money there (if like us you didn't get round to changing your money before turning up at Gatwick). On the day we went on hols Gatwick were offering around 8.9 and we got 10.57 in the Hurghada airport and it was commission free (just to note the 10.57 was the same as what we would have got in the UK from the post office or tesco money booth). Check your transfers: We did make the mistake of adding a bus transfer to our online order when we booked the holiday not realising till I printed the paperwork that the Jungle Aqua provide a free transfer to the hotel. It will be much cheaper to then book a return taxi or bus from the hotel than the annoying £43 we paid for the four of us which was pricey). Back to the Jungle Aqua Park..it's immaculate, people are constantly cleaning and the design and layout of it is beautiful. I would absolutely recommend staying in a bungalow in the 1000's if you can. We were fortunate to be right near the reception so everything was a short walk for us (the place is huge so with small children this made it easier). Upon arrival once checked in at the reception we were taken to our room by the man who carried our bags. I suspect this happening could be a bit 50/50 though as we saw some other people during our stay who had clearly been left to find their own bungalows (I will add that had this been me I wouldn't have been bothered so long as it wasn't dark!) Food: Once you get over the array of food (different tastes for different people) you should find things you really like and enjoy the food. For breakfast I liked the freshly made fried eggs with a proper croissant with chopped nuts and nutella (my hips liked the food less..) My son enjoyed cereal and a couple of pastries for breakfast which was okay as he was on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the culinary delights served up in the evening. To be honest I wasn't expecting much from an 'all inclusive' kitchen but I have to say that alot of the food was good and some of the dishes were really tasty, they have some great chefs. My husband is the worst food eater imaginable - he doesn't eat fish, chicken, vegetables (bar potato of course) or anything in a sauce or what he would refer to as slimy (how boring) and even he liked the food and had some variation. There is a great coffee stop Columbus which is worth going to good choices and delicious. I am glad to say that we didn't get bitten by mozzies at all for the first week (the perimeter gets fumigated at dawn and sometimes dusk) so we got away with a tube of bite gel from the Senzo mall 10 mins walk down the road which cost 60p (loads cheaper than the hotels onsite pharmacy). Whilst only a few of the pools are currently heated, it doesn't matter as it suited the number of people who were staying at the time, plus anything child related is heated.The was more than enough swimming space for anyone who fancied a dip. The kids entertainers (animation team), were good fun and bonkers and have a great chemistry within the team. We particularly liked the mini disco and will miss that nightly fix. For gifts to take home I would recommend an offsite shop called Cleopatra's which is on the left down the end of the straight road opposite the front of the hotel (heading to the sea front). It looks a bit like a clothes shop from the outside but inside they have all sorts of good quality trinkets and ornaments and its really good value and the men in there don't hassle you they are just helpful if you need it. We bought an array of very cool musical instruments some for presents some for us! In all a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday. Whilst I think there's a big world to explore and we should try somewhere else, I would be very tempted to come back to the Jungle Aqua Park next year. (ps. we did make some English friends on holiday and the Russians and Germans were not unpleasant at all, everyone I saw was just going about their business and having a nice time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We (myself, my husband and our 2 children 4 and 12) stayed here from 18th January for 2 weeks and it was just great, the best holiday we have ever had. So from the beginning.
We were given visa applications to fill out on the aeroplane, we got to Hurghada airport and took the advice we had read and went straight to the bank on the left hand side as you enter the building the Thomson reps had tried to usher us into a queue but we just carried on walking. The visas were £10 each, i was told that the Thomson visa desk were charging £15 each!!. We got through the airport with no troubles at all and were met outside by a Thomson rep Ahmed who showed us onto our coach. Ahmed was lovely, nothing was too much trouble for him at all and anytime during the holiday we needed to know anything or wanted anything he was there.
We were shown to our room which was spotless. By this point it was way past dinner time and as we had spent 2 and a half hours on the runway due to snow at gatwick thinking we were not going to take off everyone was very tired. We found the Mediterranean restaurant open and got some food, by the time we left the restaurant every one of us were smiling, the staff are just fantastic especially with the children.
We had been worried before leaving for the Jungle Aqua Park that as we were there for 2 weeksthe food may get very boring, this was not the case at all with 7 themed restaurants we always found something we liked to eat and there was a good variety.
The Aqua park is great we did have to wait for rubber rings at times but it didn't matter. There was something there for everyone no matter what age.
The kids loved the kids club they had a day where they went to McDonalds and then rode Horses and camels. The mini disco in the evening was a hit too, the staff would walk up and down in front of the restaurants rounding the kids up. After the Mini disco they had different entertainment every night i cant say this was great, it really does depend on what you like.
There was also entertainment every night in The colonies bar a good bit of music and a great atmosphere, we spent most evenings in here and met some great people but i have to mention Ahmed who worked in there at night he was fantastic again nothing was too much trouble and he would run round all night making sure that everyone was happy he really looked after us.
There was also entertainment in Indigo every night but we didn't venture here.
The rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaners would leave us bottles of Coke and Sprite and plenty of water. They also made all sorts of different creatures out of towels which were on the kids beds.
At times people would come by and try to sell you photos or a massage but if you politely say im really not interested they wish you a good day and leave you alone.
The only 1 complaint is the shops at the restaurant end of the hotel they were pushy and tried to get my son to hold toys and then make me buy them. However the shop by the aqua park was completely different they were helpfull and not pushy at all.
What really made this holiday were the staff i really could not speak more highly of them, these people work very long shifts day after day and they are always smiling as i have said niothing was too much trouble for anyone and they were fantastic with the kids. They are constantly cleaning the whole complex was very clean.
The wether was lovely the first week and the second week we had 3 cloudy days and it rained for half a day.
We have always said we will not visit the same place twice and we never have but this time we will be breaking the rule not only because we had such a fantastic time and the kids just loved it but because i would be completely disappointed if i were to book a holiday somewhere else and it didn't match up to the Jungle Aqua Park. we will be back next year for another 2 weeks and we are bringing other family with us.
I know everyone likes different things but give this place a try and get it booked.

Room Tip: Choose a room between 1000 and 2000 as it is close to the restaurants reception the aqua park and th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bournville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was a birthday treat off my partner and all i can say is its a wonderful place, i loved every moment and am intending to return, the rooms, grounds, pools and restaurants are all immaculate and are kept spotless.

We had no children with us but from what I seen of the staff (both the entertainment and the waiting staff) where brilliant with the children and genuinely seemed to bond with them and their families, some of them came to say bye to the families whilst we where waiting for our coach which I'd never seen before! But all the people working at Aqua Jungle are lovely and will happily help to make sure you have a lovely time. Overall I think this place is perfect for every age group.

The food was fine, lots of choices and its all fresh.

Room Tip: The hotel next door is worth a visit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Just got back jungle aqua park had a fab holiday.
In our party there were 4 adults and a 4 year old there was something for every one to do.
The kids club was fab our 4 year old loved it and it a big thanks to Olya and Luca for making the kids club fab.
The animation team were fab and made the holiday as keeps you busy during the day.
The food were good and every one always found something to eat everyday as had fussy eaters in our group.
The beach was a bit rubbish .
There were a few pools heated so was warm
The only problem we had was the hair dryer was a bit rubbish.
We are planning on going back
Big thanks to Olya Luca Natalie's Omar Mazen Zico Lena for making our holiday

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jungle Aqua Park Hotel? Share your experiences!