“Lovely January holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 177 Hotels in Hurghada
Carmarthen, wales
“Lovely January holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We enjoyed our two week holiday at Jungle Aqua Park, our children thoroughly enjoyed.
Everything was immaculate. We stayed from Jan 21st - Feb 4th
We asked to be moved from the room we were allocated, (1116) it was a little grubby, with 4 single beds. We moved to the out skirts of the resort to room 6050, the room was fabulous, and HUGE, with a super king size bed and 2 singles.. quite a walk away from the restaurants, but right next to the Aqua park.. suited us fine..
Our cleaner was brilliant, does a fantastic job, works very hard , and very friendly (Atef) topped up our fridge with Coke and Lemonade regularly, and made some stunning towel art for my 30th.
Yes this place is FULL of Germans and Russians, some very rude, although we regularly heard English families, we made some lovely friends, British and Austrian.
All the staff were fantastic, very friendly, happy, and nothing was too much trouble, I think if you're polite to them they treat you well. We actually felt they were nicer to us Brits than the Germans and Russians..
Our children loved dancing in The Indigo bar (where you are told to wait on arrival) .. It was never busy, and a nice place to chill after the evening meal.
The planes flying over head never bothered us, we were enjoying ourselves too much to notice them tbh...
We had drinks brought to us whenever we wanted them by the lovely waiter Omar, over by the kids pool, nice guy, always asking my girls if they wanted a drink.
The slides are a great laugh, but what ever you do, lift your bottom up on the rubber ring going down the short white slide, I shredded my butt cheeks, and was left with a mahoosive bruise, not a good look! :-)
We wouldn't go back, it was our first all inclusive, and we've learnt it's not really for us, We got bored of the food, Tagine was good place if you wanted something with a bit of flavour... And the afternoon to Hurghada was.. er..well eye opening.
The shopping center up the road was great for getting supplies and a very short walk.
Great for families!! .. kids are still singing "mini disco, mini disco E-I-E-I-O" :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Tonight we returned from a fabulous 10 day all inclusive holiday (children aged 2 & 4) at the Jungle Aqua Park. We were so pleased with our choice, it was excellent value for money and I really couldn't fault anything to do with the park and our children had a brilliant time. Firstly I must mention the wonderful staff - meaning all the staff from the entertainment team to the waiters to the landscapers and pool cleaners, they all work really hard and long hours but are so lovely and always ready with a smile which was so welcoming everyday we were there. Now, I will skip back to arrivals, I had also read about (what I would consider as the Visa scam) from this review page. When you get off the plane a shuttle bus will take you to the airport arrivals and you will be ushered through the doors to a row of kioks ahead of you to get your visa which will cost somewhere between £13-£15 each (people paid £13 the day we came but I understand sometimes they charge £15). Instead look to the left when you come in those doors and there is a row of four bank desks and we bought our visas there for £10 each. I would also recommend changing your money there (if like us you didn't get round to changing your money before turning up at Gatwick). On the day we went on hols Gatwick were offering around 8.9 and we got 10.57 in the Hurghada airport and it was commission free (just to note the 10.57 was the same as what we would have got in the UK from the post office or tesco money booth). Check your transfers: We did make the mistake of adding a bus transfer to our online order when we booked the holiday not realising till I printed the paperwork that the Jungle Aqua provide a free transfer to the hotel. It will be much cheaper to then book a return taxi or bus from the hotel than the annoying £43 we paid for the four of us which was pricey). Back to the Jungle Aqua Park..it's immaculate, people are constantly cleaning and the design and layout of it is beautiful. I would absolutely recommend staying in a bungalow in the 1000's if you can. We were fortunate to be right near the reception so everything was a short walk for us (the place is huge so with small children this made it easier). Upon arrival once checked in at the reception we were taken to our room by the man who carried our bags. I suspect this happening could be a bit 50/50 though as we saw some other people during our stay who had clearly been left to find their own bungalows (I will add that had this been me I wouldn't have been bothered so long as it wasn't dark!) Food: Once you get over the array of food (different tastes for different people) you should find things you really like and enjoy the food. For breakfast I liked the freshly made fried eggs with a proper croissant with chopped nuts and nutella (my hips liked the food less..) My son enjoyed cereal and a couple of pastries for breakfast which was okay as he was on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the culinary delights served up in the evening. To be honest I wasn't expecting much from an 'all inclusive' kitchen but I have to say that alot of the food was good and some of the dishes were really tasty, they have some great chefs. My husband is the worst food eater imaginable - he doesn't eat fish, chicken, vegetables (bar potato of course) or anything in a sauce or what he would refer to as slimy (how boring) and even he liked the food and had some variation. There is a great coffee stop Columbus which is worth going to good choices and delicious. I am glad to say that we didn't get bitten by mozzies at all for the first week (the perimeter gets fumigated at dawn and sometimes dusk) so we got away with a tube of bite gel from the Senzo mall 10 mins walk down the road which cost 60p (loads cheaper than the hotels onsite pharmacy). Whilst only a few of the pools are currently heated, it doesn't matter as it suited the number of people who were staying at the time, plus anything child related is heated.The was more than enough swimming space for anyone who fancied a dip. The kids entertainers (animation team), were good fun and bonkers and have a great chemistry within the team. We particularly liked the mini disco and will miss that nightly fix. For gifts to take home I would recommend an offsite shop called Cleopatra's which is on the left down the end of the straight road opposite the front of the hotel (heading to the sea front). It looks a bit like a clothes shop from the outside but inside they have all sorts of good quality trinkets and ornaments and its really good value and the men in there don't hassle you they are just helpful if you need it. We bought an array of very cool musical instruments some for presents some for us! In all a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday. Whilst I think there's a big world to explore and we should try somewhere else, I would be very tempted to come back to the Jungle Aqua Park next year. (ps. we did make some English friends on holiday and the Russians and Germans were not unpleasant at all, everyone I saw was just going about their business and having a nice time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We (myself, my husband and our 2 children 4 and 12) stayed here from 18th January for 2 weeks and it was just great, the best holiday we have ever had. So from the beginning.
We were given visa applications to fill out on the aeroplane, we got to Hurghada airport and took the advice we had read and went straight to the bank on the left hand side as you enter the building the Thomson reps had tried to usher us into a queue but we just carried on walking. The visas were £10 each, i was told that the Thomson visa desk were charging £15 each!!. We got through the airport with no troubles at all and were met outside by a Thomson rep Ahmed who showed us onto our coach. Ahmed was lovely, nothing was too much trouble for him at all and anytime during the holiday we needed to know anything or wanted anything he was there.
We were shown to our room which was spotless. By this point it was way past dinner time and as we had spent 2 and a half hours on the runway due to snow at gatwick thinking we were not going to take off everyone was very tired. We found the Mediterranean restaurant open and got some food, by the time we left the restaurant every one of us were smiling, the staff are just fantastic especially with the children.
We had been worried before leaving for the Jungle Aqua Park that as we were there for 2 weeksthe food may get very boring, this was not the case at all with 7 themed restaurants we always found something we liked to eat and there was a good variety.
The Aqua park is great we did have to wait for rubber rings at times but it didn't matter. There was something there for everyone no matter what age.
The kids loved the kids club they had a day where they went to McDonalds and then rode Horses and camels. The mini disco in the evening was a hit too, the staff would walk up and down in front of the restaurants rounding the kids up. After the Mini disco they had different entertainment every night i cant say this was great, it really does depend on what you like.
There was also entertainment every night in The colonies bar a good bit of music and a great atmosphere, we spent most evenings in here and met some great people but i have to mention Ahmed who worked in there at night he was fantastic again nothing was too much trouble and he would run round all night making sure that everyone was happy he really looked after us.
There was also entertainment in Indigo every night but we didn't venture here.
The rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaners would leave us bottles of Coke and Sprite and plenty of water. They also made all sorts of different creatures out of towels which were on the kids beds.
At times people would come by and try to sell you photos or a massage but if you politely say im really not interested they wish you a good day and leave you alone.
The only 1 complaint is the shops at the restaurant end of the hotel they were pushy and tried to get my son to hold toys and then make me buy them. However the shop by the aqua park was completely different they were helpfull and not pushy at all.
What really made this holiday were the staff i really could not speak more highly of them, these people work very long shifts day after day and they are always smiling as i have said niothing was too much trouble for anyone and they were fantastic with the kids. They are constantly cleaning the whole complex was very clean.
The wether was lovely the first week and the second week we had 3 cloudy days and it rained for half a day.
We have always said we will not visit the same place twice and we never have but this time we will be breaking the rule not only because we had such a fantastic time and the kids just loved it but because i would be completely disappointed if i were to book a holiday somewhere else and it didn't match up to the Jungle Aqua Park. we will be back next year for another 2 weeks and we are bringing other family with us.
I know everyone likes different things but give this place a try and get it booked.

Room Tip: Choose a room between 1000 and 2000 as it is close to the restaurants reception the aqua park and th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bournville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was a birthday treat off my partner and all i can say is its a wonderful place, i loved every moment and am intending to return, the rooms, grounds, pools and restaurants are all immaculate and are kept spotless.

We had no children with us but from what I seen of the staff (both the entertainment and the waiting staff) where brilliant with the children and genuinely seemed to bond with them and their families, some of them came to say bye to the families whilst we where waiting for our coach which I'd never seen before! But all the people working at Aqua Jungle are lovely and will happily help to make sure you have a lovely time. Overall I think this place is perfect for every age group.

The food was fine, lots of choices and its all fresh.

Room Tip: The hotel next door is worth a visit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Just got back jungle aqua park had a fab holiday.
In our party there were 4 adults and a 4 year old there was something for every one to do.
The kids club was fab our 4 year old loved it and it a big thanks to Olya and Luca for making the kids club fab.
The animation team were fab and made the holiday as keeps you busy during the day.
The food were good and every one always found something to eat everyday as had fussy eaters in our group.
The beach was a bit rubbish .
There were a few pools heated so was warm
The only problem we had was the hair dryer was a bit rubbish.
We are planning on going back
Big thanks to Olya Luca Natalie's Omar Mazen Zico Lena for making our holiday

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Well good points first... fantastic grounds, fantastic pools although only 2 are heated out of the 21 pools, accomodation was superb and clean, staff were friendly, tip £10 Egyptian to the bar staff in Colonial bar on arrival and they look after you all week!....
Now bad points.... I was there for 7 nights and returned on 12th Feb13, on arrival the hotel staff take your passports and usher you to a night club and sort out your rooms, here you have to wait for approx 45mins for them to process you details, then you have to wait for another 30mins to be allocated your room and wait again for porters to take your bags to room.. we gave up waiting because the food hall was closing & it was a long wait until breakfast.
Now the only way i can put this is by saying everything that is said by staff is said first in Russian then German then English this sums up the pecking order in which you are treated we were there for 5 days before we met another English speaking person all the people that arrived on the same flight were lost in the vastness of the place, its quite a solitary holiday and impossible to make friends because you never meet them again until your return journey, there are 7 different resturants mostley catering for the tastes of Russians and Germans, 3 times i was turned away from Zum Kaiser German restaurant when the door staff heard me speaking English? People are walking from restaurant to restaurant with plates of food because there is a shortage of plates or tables in the busiest restaurants, which i found was the Asian Plant Indian and Chinese restaurant... I could keep going on and on but i wont bore you, one last thing the Hotel is directly under the Airport flight path and there is low flying aircraft coming into land every 15 mins up until Midnight and it starts again at 7AM... Inbetween flights the Egyptian Airforce conduct low flying mock attacks on the Airport in Hurghada wich involves them turning at a low altitude over the complex which is very noisey....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We organised a day trip through our Thomas Cook Rep. We did not enjoy this at all. You have to have a matt/ring before you get to the top of the slides, once you get there you get to see which slides you can actually go on.

I didn't like the Matt slides as it makes all the water spray in your face. we then managed to get on 2 other slides. We just couldn't get any rings for the slides, we stood around waiting for some however everyone just holds on to them and just keep going on to the slides. In the end we gave up, we managed to get on 2 slides.

The lazy river was also not open.

The lifeguards were very strict and no sooner had you come off the slide you were being whistled at to get out of the water, when you are just getting your bearings working out how to get out.

Food was included and was nice, however drink choice was very poor.

I would recommend this as a trip as we felt it was very expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jungle Aqua Park Hotel? Share your experiences!