“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Liverpool
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently returned from this hotel after a two week holiday. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and the staff are wonderful. We were allocated a beautiful room thanks to Mohammed Saied on the reception desk. There were several super stars within the staff, they team in the lobby bar, the breakfast chef and the overnight concierge Ibrahim and our waiter Fouad. The one person who stood out for me has to be Moustafa, who cleaned the restaurant and reception areas. He spoke to me daily in English and always had a smile. Mr Khaled the general manager is very much in charge and a delightful host who has many plans for the hotel. It was very noticeable that the senior management team were always around and happy to talk to you. The food was lovely, plentiful and varied courtesy of the executive head chef and his team. The hotel is situated on the beach at Sash Hasheel a relatively new resort. It is ideal for families as the water is very shallow. This was a bit of a disappointment to us as having visited Egypt many, many times there was no house reef or diving centre,every previous hotel we have stayed in have had both of these amenities. I understand that there will be a diving centre in the near future. This of course is not the hotel's fault it is mine for not checking thoroughly. We were able to dive but the reviews on the dive centres will be covered elsewhere. There were water sports equipment on the beach but were hardly used, can only assume that the cost to use these facilities were too expensive. The hotel clientele was predominately Russian and a few German guests, as for British guests there were less than a dozen so it was a bit isolating at times. If this hotel was situated in Marsa Alam with their reefs, coupled with the expertise of the diving teams and crew and quality of the diving boats in Sharm El Sheikh it would be idyllic.
Thank you for a memorable holiday and we wish you all every success.

Room Tip: Speak to the reception team.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MANAGEMENTOLDPALACE, Manager at Old Palace Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2013

Good day from the Old Palace Resort

We would like to thank you very much for the valuable time you have dedicated to write your comments about your stay lately in our hotel. It was a privilege to host you at the Old Palace Resort.

Many thanks for your decent compliments, which will motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of our services. It was a great pleasure for us to know that the accommodation and services were totally up to your expectations and met your satisfaction.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest at our property, and we wish you all the best.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and my wife have just returned from the best holiday we have ever had at the
OLD PALACE RESORT I would just like to compliment the General Manager and his team
tor the best service I have ever had any where in the WORLD
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left nothing was much trouble for them
I would like to send a special thanks to Mohamed Saied {RECEPTION} His English is excellent The two best Waiters in the Main Resturant are Mohamed Kamel Saad &Hassam Sasted
after only one day they new your drinks and as soon as we sat down for dinner we did.nt need to ask for the drinks they just arrived there service and friendliness is exceptionally
We would also like to send a great big thanks to the best Barman in Old Palace Eslam Zaki
who works on the {JACUZZI POOL BAR } He is always smiling and his service is excellent
And if you need any thing from a T,shift to a bar of chocolate you can visit Youssef & Steef
at the shop in the lobby and they will be only to pleased to help you
I would also like to send a big thank you to Ashraf the {Security Manager} who made such my wife,s birthday was one to remember
This hotel is the best Number 1 in Hurghada I I would reccommed this 100% to anyone
We will be back
Steve&Paula

Room Tip: Room 4127 has amazing views to the right sea view to the left pool view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MANAGEMENTOLDPALACE, Manager at Old Palace Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,

Good day from the Old Palace Resort

We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you as a regular guest to our property, and we wish you all the best.

Thank You & Best Regards on behave of the whole team of the Old Palace Resort

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

For many years I worked as a corporate travel agent with a major NYC/US based
agency, so I hope my input will help people in their decision making.
May I say this was my first visit to Hurghada with my 16yr old daughter, so I was skeptical of what to expect, as all of us have different perceptions and outlooks, with various “tastes”.

But, as far as the Old Palace Resort is concerned, I can honestly say this hotel was fantastic!
I choose this resort based on reviews and primarily because of the fact that it is NOT a “circus resort” with all the water slides and silly activities (like so many hotels in Hurghada), it had a balanced mix of couples, families, kids. Not too small, not too big just enough activities and distance for everything.

When we arrived at midnight we were welcomed with a nice non-alcoholic drink, nice touch!

Hotel Lobby: Wonderful, tasteful without the kitsch, actually very pleasant just to sit, have a drink and read. Wi-Fi is 30minutes -$5.00,(rates for 24hr/week etc.) I only checked messages as I did not come on vacation to spend all day on the internet.

Rooms: We stayed in one of the newer chalet rooms, with a view of the smaller pool and partial sea view, all furnishings are new, big screen LG TV, ceiling fan, AC, comfortable beds, bathroom separate shower/tub. Rooms are cleaned each day! 2 bottles of Dasani water daily, (which is sufficient). (Yes, by the pool they have “filtered” water by the glass but you could always take an empty big bottle and fill it. At the pool bar I noticed they have USA made water filters that clean water to perfection, (as I have the same ones at home so I know what I am talking about). Also I saw them pour big new fresh jugs of bottled water into the water machine so all is clean water!

BEACH: Wonderful beach area, crystal clean water with many little fish (bring snorkeling gear),
you receive towel cards for beach towels (card for towel and vice versa each day). The chairs get taken early, but they have a sufficient amount for all guests! There is plenty of space between chairs for privacy. The main beach caretaker (think his name is Mohammed), was so wonderful, pleasant and polite, he always managed to find us space even if we came late in the morning, always making sure (if we wished) to move to a better location. They constantly clean the beach, clearing all cups/glasses, etc. may I suggest a small tip as a gesture of appreciation, as they really work very hard.
YES, YES, YES the only annoying thing to us were the spa pushers/vendors who made senseless comments and were extremely irritating, I felt very uncomfortable with their childlike remarks and approach. But I was brought to believe the spa center is an independent contractor and has nothing directly with the hotel aside from their space, but of course since they are on hotel property this makes the hotel at fault. Now they made available (in the beach towel shack) DO NOT DISTURB signs that you could attach to your umbrella and hopefully vendors will leave you alone. But don’t know how much this will work as they don’t even look for the signs, I think red flags would probably work better! There is a SHOWER, not directly on the sand but between the main pool area and beach, literally divided by a small pathway from the beach, a few steps – but it’s right there. There is also a tent for changing on the beach, everything is a few steps away. Also, by the beach you could rent scooters, bikes, and ride freely throughout the pathway and explore along the Rivera.

Pools: On one side of the hotel is a smaller pool/Jacuzzi with bar, very quiet and more secluded
from the main pool area which is located on the other side of the resort and where all the action
goes on, aqua aerobics, water polo, stretch class etc., plus snacks, ice cream all served there. BOTH pools are extremely clean and the grounds of the entire resort are absolutely wonderful and very, very tastefully well kept. Yes there is music by the main pool but only AFTER breakfast and lunch, we even counted literally 4 songs, just to get guests encouraged for activities, most of the day is quiet so bring your own music.

Food: Perhaps Egypt in general may not be a gastronomic hedonist’s paradise, but I found the food very, very good. We are not big meat eaters but they had various meats, chicken, BBQ every night, fish. We ate mostly salads,(LOVED that they had various olive oils, balsamic vinegar) a wide selection of various vegetables, rice and potatoes, a kiddy corner with great spaghetti (a la dente), food in general was continental, but they had a small Egyptian corner.
I would love if they had more of Egyptian style sweets, had many different little pastries which were ok. The waiters and whole staff in the dining area were absolutely fabulous, always looking to please you. We so much enjoyed the breakfast, many different baked goods (VERY tasty), and the man who made our omelets in the morning was so sweet and pleasant, after the first morning (with many guests to handle) he automatically knew from then on what we preferred, just like at home. May I also point out that even many 5 star restaurants throughout the world do not have white tablecloths, and this resort had clean white table cloths and napkins for dinner every night, making your dining experience more classy. You order drinks and the waiters bring them to you, but we just got our own as we only drink water.

Animation team is very sweet, and kind, but since they are very young I think they lack a small bit of creativity, but all in all were great...Max with his aqua aerobic classes and wig were funny !

Near the hotel is a small newly built old town type of area, that will probably be a happening place in a few years as they are developing many new condos in the Sahl Hasheesh area.

As for the comments about Russians, along with the Old Palace Resort, they are scattered at many hotels throughout the world, one’s cultural upbringing should not reflect the quality of a hotel, right? Perhaps Russians are no too keen on our nationalities but I have not heard them complaining.

And, last let me just send a BIG Thank You to all the staff and the General Manager of the hotel
Mr. Khaled Fathy, who we had the pleasure of meeting and dining with. He is a very intelligent,
warm-hearted man with a world class demeanor. He is always walking around the hotel grounds making sure everything is running smooth, and you could just sense there is a force of team work at this resort, any world class hotel would be lucky to have him run their management team and staff. I wish them all the best and even more success in the future.

Again, thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Newer rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Thank You & Best Regards from Mr. Khaled Fathy and on behave of the whole team

Puchov, Slovakia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Cannot understand why this hotel has such great reviews, I was VERY unsatisfied with it! Have been to a 4 star hotel in Hurghada last year and it was MUCH better than this 5 star.

Its definitely a hotel for families with children and Russians, since it was full of them. If you are a group of friends or a couple, NOT a choice for you - the beach is very loud (music from the pool and screaming kids and annoying spa workers), so its hard to relax there. We waited 4 hours for the check-in, never experiences this before!

Details:

Food - the only bright side of this hotel! food was delicious, lots of choices, waiters very nice. I missed more fruit, since there were only fruit salads or little fruit to eat as part of the all inclusive, watermelon could by bought, such a nonsense, how much can a watermelon cost in Egypt!

Room and housekeeping - room was smaller than I expected. TV didnt work and even through we contacted the hotel, no one came to see it or repair it. Housekeepers usually forgot something, either water or towels or toilet paper, twice we came in the evening from the beach, sweaty and covered with sand and couldnt even take a shower because they took our towels and didnt give us new ones! Thats really unacceptable. Also the air conditioner was not so good, either it was hot as in hell or very cold in the room. The lighting in the room was awful, there were 3 lamps, no light on the ceiling what made reading or doing anything in the evening very hard.

All inclusive - watch out because water is only served by glass! there are 2 bottles of water in the room, refiled every day, but thats not enough. Cocktails are well, but the waiters in lobby bar didnt even bring them to our table, they just left them on the bar, what kind of client approach is that?? There is no free wifi in this hotel, not even in lobby, think thats a standard in another hotels!

Beach - like I said, it was awfully noisy, the music from the pool could be heard very loudly on the beach, they play the same songs again and again, it was so annoying! Also there were A LOT of children, screaming all the time. There was no table by the deckchairs, which was very needed and is usually by the deckchairs in other hotels. The deckchairs are very uncomfortable, they need some padding like the ones by the pool, may seem like a small stupid thing but since the guests spend most of their time on the beach, uncomfortable deckchairs ARE a big minus. There is no shower on the beach, also a must for a hotel! There was one by the pool, but thats just not enough. There were too many spa workers walking on the beach all the time trying to sell their services or talking to the guests, they were really annoying and sometimes I even felt offended by their approach (one of them asked if he can touch me another told me I would look beautiful without hair on my arms, thats a 5 star hotel staff??).

So, based on my past experience, there are MUCH better hotels in Hurghada and this is definitely not one I would EVER come back to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MANAGEMENTOLDPALACE, Manager at Old Palace Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Madam,

Good day from the Old Palace Resort

We would like to thank you very much for your comments and time. We regret that our services did not meet your expectations. As we sincerely appreciate your comments, we regret the fact that we failed to hear from you during your stay when our services did not meet your satisfaction. We would like to seize this opportunity to urge all our future guests to contact us immediately whenever they have got any requests or concerns. The hotel management has made itself available around the clock with an outstanding record of prompt responses to guests’ needs and concerns during their stay per telephone onto extension # 0 or per email onto khaled.fathy@oldpalaceresort.com

Although, this stay in the Old Palace Resort did not meet your satisfaction, we hope that such experience will not deter you from returning to our resort in the future. So we are looking forward to welcoming you again. Furthermore, if you would be so kind to contact us the next time you book our hotel. We will do our best to ensure that your stay is as pleasant and enjoyable as you may wish.

glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just returned to Scotland from a 10 night stay at The Old Palace Hotel and must compliment all staff on their friendliness and service. Nothing was too much trouble for them and we were treated exeptionally well. Special thanks for the guy who looks after the beach - always found us 4 loungers no matter what time we went down! Also excellent service in restaurant and bar. Would definately recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MANAGEMENTOLDPALACE, Manager at Old Palace Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Good day from the Old Palace Resort

Many thanks for your decent compliments, which will motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of our services. It was a great pleasure for us to know that the accommodation and services were totally up to your expectations and met your satisfaction, as guest satisfaction is what we really strive for.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in June. This is a beautiful looking hotel and the features in the reception area include a stunning view from a large window overlooking the terrace down to the sea. All areas are kept immaculately clean and the rooms are very spacious and cleaned every day, including clean towels and bed linen. We were upgraded to a chalet room over looking the smaller of the two pools which is in the quieter area with a refreshment bar. There is also a large pool over looking the sea which offers more enertainmnt with a pool bar. Our room was lovely and had an amazing bathroom with seperate shower and toilet areas. There was also a bath that you could see the living area from, in front of this was glass and shutters for privacy very unique. There is a mix of nationalities here but very few English. This is because it is not well known with the major tour operators. These companies need to wake up and make this hotel more available to the English. We travelled with A1 Travel at a reasonable price. The restaurant has a variety of meals but naturally has to cater to the majority so I was told by the Executive Chef Mr Ahmed Ali that we only had to inform him and he would cook anything we wanted. His main priority is to make sure all guests are catered for. The General Manager Mr Fathy was always available and very helpful at any time as was Mr Shaheen the Operations Manager. We were invited to a dinner in the Italian Restaurant with other guests which gives you an opportunity to get to know other guests and put any ideas forward that could improve any issues we may have, this is a really good idea which other hotels seem to be following (the violinist here was marvelous) The entertainment in the evening includes a show run by the animation team and there was also a singer on one night. The terrace area plays back ground music while you sit and have a quite drink if you prefer. All the staff go out of their way to serve you and do not expect to be tipped at every opportunity. We gave our tips to staff at the end of our holiday and as they do not earn a great deal of money were very grateful. Staff like Abdul Kalek, Eslam and Taha made our stay most enjoyable. The beach area is the best I have seen in Egypt with panoramic views and easy access to the sea. There is also a small coral reef for snorkeling. There are water sports of all kinds and you can also hire a pedal care for an hour to take you right along the bay at a price of £15. If you are the type of person who likes to take a walk there is a beautiful plaza that has fountains and lights up at night, it is something quite amazing. You can get the hotel bus for £4.00 each to take you to Hurghada or the Marina with its fish restaurants and bars. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age and there is also access for the disabled. I have been to Egypt many times and this has got to be the best hotel I have stayed in. There are more expensive hotels here but this hotel is of a resonable price and quite a gem.

Room Tip: Chalet rooms are larger than the standard rooms and they also have junior and delux suites at an ext...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just returned from a two week vacation at the Old Palace,this is our second visit in the past six months.
Where can I start: this resort is truly wonderful.
We have been visiting Egypt for over Ten years and stayed all over Egypt in Five star hotels,this hotel is truly the best.
I went with my wife and teenage son and had a fabulous holiday.
The hotel is located on the beach,in a superb setting,the area it is quiet and the scenery is beautiful.
The hotel is large and immaculately clean,our rooms were big in size ,we would recommend the suite,we had a lounge area and bedroom,rooms cleaned daily to a very high standard,clean bedding and towels.
We would really recommend this hotel,although there is not a lot of British go there do not let this put you off.
We met some lovely Russian, French,German people and had lots of fun with them.
The staff are always there to go the extra mile to help,Management Team made us feel so welcome.
I would really like to compliment the head chef who catered for our son every day.
Food is excellent with lots of variety daily.
The Animation team work really hard to get everyone involved in the activities,they are fantastic with the children.
There is evening entertainment every night which the kids love,or you can sit out and have a drink on the veranda and look out to the sea.
Big Thank You to Tamer Shaheen and General Manager Kellet for their hospitality.
We will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite,although all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Good day from the Old Palace Resort

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again and again at our property, and we wish you all the best.

Front Office Manager

Been to Old Palace Resort? Share your experiences!