“Short stay...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Nairobi, Kenya
“Short stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Their fruit selection - wow!! Fabulous fresh fruit at all meals. That was my highlight!

The hotel is big so things are done on a large scale, hence no personalised attention, no attention to detail. Rooms are however well cleaned. Our shower kept flooding though, this was more an architectural problem than a plumbing one (wrong slant).

Food was ok - no wow factor about it. All inclusive drinks - not what you'd be accustomed to. I didn't like their alcohol much.

Nice and friendly people who NEVER asked for a tip (hello Cairo) and very helpful.

Hotel is down the road from Senzo mall where we satisfied our shopping addiction, and we met such kind people (e.g. our driver, who introduced us to his lovely family).

Beautiful views and got really pretty pictures. Were there for only three days but enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Just don't take the rickety lifts!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have just recently stayed there.

We found that it was full of russians...service was not great...food was rubbish and im not a fussy eater. Its a good job I won the hotel as I would have been very dissapointed. The only alcaholic drinks they had were vodka, rum and brandy nothimg else.

The room was big and spaciousn was clean n tidy.

Location was poor...no shops , restaurants or bars around. Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel but I would recommend going to egypt. We had a great time there was a lot of trips to do during the day. I would go back to Egypt, just not that hotel.

My grandma stayed in the three corners hotel in el gouna and they loved it now she is fussy. We went into el gouna and it is lovely there, loads of nice restaurants amd bars, very well kept and clean.

• Stayed November 2012
rivieraresort, Guest Service Center Officer at Festival Riviera, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are concerned that we could not meet your expectation while you’re last Holiday. Festival Riviera is a hotel which is getting a good feedback from our reviewer however we also understand that sometimes something may well go wrong.

We discussed all the points mentioned in your review with the entire department concerned and action had been taken to provide a better quality service to our guests.

We wish to welcome you back soon in Festival Riviera Resort assuring you to make your holiday unforgettable.

Thanks & Best Regards
Hotel Management
Harpenden, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I stayed on night before meeting up with other friends for our planned itinerary. Being able to stay at an all inclusive hotel with pools and sea side is what we needed while we got over our jet lag. As would be expected in a large hotel with an all you can eat buffet the food was not the greatest but certainly sufficient. The hotel staff was friendly and if you're up for a chat, good to just sit around and shoot the breeze with. Not sure what it would be like to stay for a full week but we enjoyed the one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

from arriving to the hotel - we were told it was close to other hotels, shops etc, not at all was in the middle of no where, our rooms were meant to be adjoining as we were with our 3 children 6, 11 and 11, we were told no rooms were available, so they were going to put the kids at one end of the hotel and us at the other, not happening, we had to share a room - standard! till the next day at around 5pm, they said they would let us no about the adjoining rooms, we had to chase them!!!!!
the rooms when we finally got moved were disgusting, dirty sheets on the beds, no towels, no toilet roll, dirty floors, not a good start,
we rang and complained, 3 times, still nothing done!!!!
the pool areas floors seats and tables were filthy, everything was left day and night, just dirty, when ever you had to complain you were shruged off so to speak, and most of the staff could only speak russian as their second language!!!!! no english or very little,
they were so rude and un helpfull.
we were 5 out of 12 people in the entire hotel who were english!!!!!!!!! we were told that there would be lots of english by the travel agent!
entertainment - what a joke, kids clubs, kids entertainment, didnt exsist, was on for an hour a day, if the staff werent off!!!!! and all the activities were in russian, including songs for the little kids!!!! disgracefull
the all inclusive - if you could get in to the snack bar near the pool, you were not given a choice, just a slice of pizza!!!!!! and thats it, the kids couldnt eat the food, litterally lived on eggs, and bread, you were rushed in and out, wasnt alloud to get as much as you want, and forgive me if im wrong, but you pay for ALL INCLUSIVE for a reason!!!!!!!!
ice creams for the children, were not included as was said when we booked it, but instead were told by staff to go to the shop!!!!!
our thomas cook rep, couldnt help us as he was off for ramadan!!!!! they should have had someone on stand by,
the entire holiday was a let down, and it wasnt cheap by far, for a week , i wouldnt give this place 1 star, never mind 4, we stayed in the Aqua Marine last october, we loved it, it was ever bit a 4 star, we were told this hotel was the same standard as the Aqua Marine, was not a patch on it, i loved egypt but this had seriously put me off, and for a 6 year old and two 11 year olds to say they didnd have a good time is heart breaking, as they loved it last year too, i would not reccomend any body to this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Alot of people need to learn tolerence, Egypt needs our help right now I feel privaliged to have been educated while experiencing a fantastic country. I went to egypt to experience the culture and history with my to young daughters from England. The hotel was a bonus its ramadan the people serving you starve all day while alot moan about just about everything everything stupid stuff. if I was them I would throw all the food over you if you moaned, but no they listened and sorted it all out. The hotel is probably one of the only places who put on a 5 course meal VIP because I am ENGLISH amazing thank you . If you want fish and chips or sunday roast go to blackpool! please test all the food find something you like you will not starve . The pools are clean and engineers fix things when they brake I had a budget holiday real good value for money, I found the trip switch for my air con so I did not bother reception . Please remember Egypy needs our help at the moment I found the Egyptians gentle caring very funny good sence of humour I spent 2 days with a driver and tour guide who looked after us in Cairo 2 lovely muslim gentlemen they answered all my questions, my daughter was sick and the driver really cared for her even washing her hat in the suez canal! The Hotel is beautifull lots of pools clean nice staff just ignore the other guests its you holiday learn to laugh at the stairs photography! remember there are alot of ruskys but I found them quite amusing it was like watching katy price on a photo shoot! Its the usual fight for a sunbed put a towel on at 2 am but this is usual holiday stuff . go enjoy this hotel do not ruin your holiday moaning, please help Egypt

Room Tip: If you want to be in the main hotel its not the be all and end I was sad I was over the road but swi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rivieraresort, Guest Relations Manager at Festival Riviera, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read your positive opinion about hotel and would like to thank you to share your experience in our resort to help us to win confidence of other reviewer.

We hope that you are back savety home and that your daughter is feeling better now.

We wish to welcome you soon back in your second home Festival Riviera Resort.

Thanks and best regards.

Hotel Management
Conwy, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I would like to start by saying i was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and always read the reviews and go with an open mind to the hotels as every one has different standards......Not with this hotel every BAD review given is 100% correct. I have literally just returned from there we landed this morning.
Ok now for my glossy review on arrival which is 25-30 mins from the airport it is a long way out, arrived into a sweltering lobby, we were told that due to the heat the electricity was having problems, this was correct and was throught Hurghada and keeps going off,anyway the lobby very warm no Air con, after check in was taken was taken the to our room, Clubroom on the other side of the road, well my god we literally left the bags in the room and went back to reception to request another room, it was dirty, broken air con the glass was hanging out of the glass doors, Granted we were moved, up a floor, it was cleaner and the aircon worked, however no towels rang twice (was actually hung up on once) for towels, 1 hour later they actually arrived, First impressions were not good.

the resort is very tired you would think it was old, however on the last day was told by someone that it was in fact 3 years old, and that Sunrise Hotels only rent the building so dont care about it, this in itself screams volumns. It is in no way worthy of the 4* status perhaps the day it opened it was now its more 2*, i have been to Egypt before and stayed in some lovely hotels

you only get one small bottle of water each per day more water you have to buy or get from the coolers which is inevitably empty, just try and fill the bottle with juice!! You can only actually fill a small shot glass of juice your self, everything else is poured for you in small glasses.

Ok now for all the really great bits,

we actually watched a cat walk in to the lobby climb into a plant dig a hole and do its business!!
Toilets in the beach are just revolting - and i mean really bad
bar staff are extremely slow
Majority of staff are rude
Food is just edible - just bland - however it is currently Ramadan so,
95% Russian population, who are so rude, i ended up shouting at them, an entire nation of people who just have no manners.
Air con in main building......what air con take a fan
Broken or worn chairs,dirty tables dirty sticky floors, rubbish left on the floor, in the plants
beach loungers, are tired and worn, cushions are not the best but put a towel on them and all is fine, you do though have to be stupidly early to get the best beds and i mean early, we were down there 6.45 one morning and already people were down there in the sun / sea and best beds gone.
The rooms
it was clean, bathroom not so clean
Kept having to ask for towels and toilet roll.
Shower is not overly hot, but when you have been in the sun all day is does not really matter, however the shower will flood the bathroom.
a/con is good.
Holes in the ceiling in both the bathroom and near the door, got bitten to many times by mozzies not good,

Check out is at 12 mid day, it cost £4 per hour to keep the room any longer, so worth while as as soon as you check out of the room you forfeit all inc treatment, so no drinks

I could go on and on about the place, best thing was the weather, the asian is Good to eat in!

Generally i would recommend that you stay well away from it, they apparently want to encourage more English people to go there, i cannot see this happening really, the whole plce as hell personally i recommend El Gouna in the evening food is amazing there, however that we are done now we are not going back to Egypt after this, this has really opened our eyes!!

You have all been warned stay here at your peril!!

Room Tip: none of them - try another hotel all together, if you must go - then make sure it is not a Club Room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Firstly I booked this hotel because It said that it was only three kilometers from Old Hurghada, its closer to eleven. In fact I would go so far as to say there is nothing (except for a huge wind farm) beyond this hotel. First impressions were of a typical 4 star hotel, we checked in and were led accross the road to an annex, I don't mind carrying my own bag but when I was being led by a bell hop it kind of defeated the object of having the bell hop there. After the usual hand out for switching on the lights we made our way over to the cafe, yes cafe. You couldn't call it anything else as the food that is served there is only of cafeteria standard. Let's say no more about that!

The rooms look like they have been there for at least twenty years without any form of real refurbishment, the bathroom wasn't clean and smelled of urine and if you've ever been to Egypt you'll know that a liberal coating of sealer everywhere is their way of fixing a leak!! The shower was quite powerful but had difficulty making up it's mind if it wanted to be hot or cold. The sink however had been painted with green paint which insisted on shelling off and going everywhere including your face and teeth whenever you did anything in it.

All of the rooms in the annex face the pool area so there is no escaping the constant sound of music during the day, the pool is usually full of Russians by the time that the bar opens and stays that way until dinner starts at 7.00pm. It would appear that any rules that the hotel has written down about suitable clothing is generally ignored!! Except for dinner where the usual parade of badly dressed people move like cattle from feeding station to feeding station. The concept of queuing is something that only applies back home as argument errupt about who was where in which queue!!

The staff vary from enormously helpful to downright ignorant, but I would suppose that dealing with impolite people daily would make you a bit like that?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Festival Riviera? Share your experiences!