“Health & Safety nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

El Tabia Hotel
137 Sheraton Road - El Sakala, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #153 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Health & Safety nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for four nights at the end of my recent holiday in Hurghada. I wanted to be in this area and the price seemed reasonable,120le per night for two, but I was lucky to emerge alive, this place was a death trap and I had to change my room three times!!!
The bathroom floors were awash because of water leaks, the power or air con was leaking outside both doors of first two rooms, the water was not hot and would just stop running in the shower, usually mid way through. There were no towels or soap and you had to wait and ask and wait again.I got told 10 minutes and then got to twenty
we came in on the evening and proceeded to the room on an outside corridor,there was no light and the floor was awash with water and no warning or caution and I slipped on the floor and hit my head badly on the step and I hurt my back, So I ended up in the Egyptian hospital paying for treatment and in great distress, not to mention ruining my evening.
When I finally returned from the hospital I wanted my money back as I had paid for the night but they would only refund fifty Egyptian pounds and not the full 120. I decided not to move as it was so close to the end of my holiday and I had so much luggage.
So if you value your life and limb go to a five star where you will get more support and sympathy.

Room Tip: yes go to another hotel as all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first

Been to El Tabia Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about El Tabia Hotel

Address: 137 Sheraton Road - El Sakala, Hurghada, Egypt
Location: Egypt > Red Sea and Sinai > Hurghada
Ranked #153 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
El-Tabia Hotel is 2** star hotel located in the city centre of Hurghada. El-Tabia Hotel extends a very warm welcome to you in Hurghada. We will do all we can to make your stay with us very comfortable and enjoyable. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your El Tabia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage El Tabia Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.