“Some good some bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aquapark

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aquapark
Safaga Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #63 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Exeter, UK
“Some good some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

3 Weeks - 27 Jun to 18 Jul

Let me start by saying that we travelled with Sunshine Holidays, with a total cost of £620 per head for 3 weeks, taking away the cost of flights, that's about £7.20 per day.

We flew from Birmingham, with Monarch, which was a good flight and on time. The airport as others have said was a bit of a nightmare, they had dropped about 4 planes within 20 minutes and the queues were large. As advised we turned left once in the terminal and bought our visas at the bank kiosk for £17 each.

We then joined the passport control queue which was we estimated about 1.5 hours but hey hurried the queues and we cleared in 20 minutes. Once we got our luggage we got straight out and found our bus.

We arrived at the hotels at 10.00pm and were checked in quickly, the bell boy took us and our luggage straight to our room.

The room was large, 2 queen sized beds, clean tidy but a bit dated.

The overall facilities of the hotel are average, and with a bit of friendly banter and a decent tip of £10 we got great service at the bars, in the restaurant and had our room kept exceptionally clean, with at least 6 bottles of water a day.

The pools and the water park are great, kept very clean.

We always managed to get something to eat, although it is limited and sometimes a poor quality. During the last week there was always chicken and chips on the menu and the snack bar served burgers, chicken, pizza, hotdogs and chips at lunchtime every day.

Drinks are average for foreign brands, one tip, go to Wilko's and buy a £1 plastic pint glass, saves on trips to the bar.

There were only a few English when we arrived, there were also some Dutch and Germans, we had a great time with them, but the Russians are another story, rude, arrogant, can't queue and annoy everyone including the staff.

Overall would I go again - NO, but that is only because the Russians have taken over the hotel and the Alladin and it will be full of them for the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Central Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We travelled to the Titanic Aqua Park on the first of July for two weeks.. our flight was no problem. However unleash the mayhem at Hurghada Airport. Shouting men directing you to several different queues to buy your visas. There dosnt seem to be any fixed price for these. We paid £19 each some others were charged £22! Nobody actually looks at you and your passport. We were hurried through like frightened sheep hot and harassed. The transfer to the titanic was direct and quick. Old fashioned putput bus with our luggage attached to the rooftop eek. On arriving at the hotel we'd were booked in quickly and a bellboy took our bags to the room... Now. Our first trip in the elevator was their service elevator. Small dirty stinky with no internal security door. Keep kids hands by their sides!

Our room was dated basic and an overall disappointment .. We went straight back to the front desk to ask for an upgrade but as we were a large family they had no improved rooms and we had to stick it out. Not good having to make do immediately on arrival.. Good point room was kept clean and stocked with water and fresh towels daily..

Pools are fab. There are loads and their clean well maintained and excellent fun for the kids

All inclusive! Drinks were often warm. Again not good when it's 45 degrees outside. Or flat or practically see through

Food. Oh Lordy this was poor. Poor poor poor. I'm a curvy girl and I'm not fussy but I actually went two days without eating. Even the smell on entering the food hall was off putting. Lots of pushy rude Russians barging you out of the way. And waiters hitting on you while your husband queues for food . We took to going to the Italian situated at the Alladin as well as McDonald's and kfc. This entailed walking to and fro fending off pickpockets being constantly harassed by taxi drivers. On one evening my husband and our friend were offered drugs. They were walking literally feet from our young children. A bit hairy scary on some occasions to say the least.

( The trip to the Italian was literally through an ongoing building site. Walls being knocked down. By men in flip flops no less! Wheelbarrows being carted by. And lighting wires strewn over broken pathways. Poorly lit and dangerous)

We did the dolphin house trip ( wild dolphins) as well as paradise island trip and the glass bottom boat. Trips were good. Food was the same poor quality and you were allowed one small plastic cup of cola for entire day.

Good buy was the massage bundle. We had five days of hourly massages and these were indeed fab. They were in fact the highlight of our hol.

The hotel itself is tired and dated but is large. The main foyer has plenty of seating for people. The wifi was literally non existent and in two weeks the two main elevators worked only once for us. Prepare for lots of stair climbing which of course is a nightmare with buggies and little ones.

My husband and I arnt difficult to please. We tend to look for the positive in things and although the rooms were cleaned daily the pools fun for the kids and the trips good we were sorely disapointed with our holiday overall. We've come home feeling flat and kicking ourself for the money we've wasted.

The return trip. ( I can assure you we were elated to be leaving) we were collected on time for our transfer. The airport is like a meat market. Dishevelled queues of harassed people being shouted at .. Building works going on no health and safety anywhere. We had the misfortune of sharing the queue with a man who completely lost it and dissolved into a hysterical screaming mess who was promptly carried off by at least ten security staff in the direction of the toilets. Kids wide eyed and frightened. One particular passport control member was shouting and banging the desk at us to hurry hurry. Now now now! Rude and intimidating again wide eyed children and harassed adults. Setting down in Manchester was like luxury and We were delighted to be home.

Overall my advice would be not to go to the Titanic Aqua Park. I wouldn't return here if the holiday was free. From the airport experiences. The very dated hotel with poor amenities. The shockingly poor food. The warm drinks. The immobile lifts the leery waiters. The lack of safety on so many levels I could go on. If your thinking of booking this holiday. Put your hard earned money somewhere else.

Oh... And my whole family is still feeling the effects of upset tummies.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This place is the kind of hotel you stay and will have a good time if you can make the most of it and put up with the bad things.
The bad things are the food- really bad, we stayed for 2 weeks and didn't have a good meal the whole trip.
It's not that it's catered for Russian or Eastern european taste , it's just bland, bad food, warm and not very well cooked and not enjoyable.
Examples over cooked vegetables and under cooked potatoes on a daily basis.
The chicken thats there every day and cooked different ways is just about ok and theres a pasta station that will make a ok Bolognese.
My partner would tell me almost every day when getting food or by the pool that staff would stare at her like a fat kid looks at cake, and hit on her,she found it very uncomfortable and it's not nice.
The front of house staff particularly the manger there really shouldn't be working in hospitality. We had a few problems during our stay, things I left out by the sun loungers went missing and our pick up transfer never showed. This guy who had told me had worked in the hotel for 9 years had never herd of a transfer company called a2b transfers whom perform transfers there every week and also the way he spoke was with out any empathy or intention to resolve the issues.
I've stayed in many hotels were the staff have a nothing is too much trouble attitude this place is the opposite everything is too much !
The bar staff accept one couldn't pour a good drink and the cheap alcohol is as bad as the nasty food.
That being said there is some good things.
The room we had was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bed linen to a very good standard.
The animation team were great, welcoming, and the events we involved ourselves in were fun and entertaining also the shows they put on were really good.
I enjoyed the live singing and free shisha.
The children's animation team included my child in all the discos and children's club he was always welcome to join in.
The swimming pools are clean and the water slides are great fun- if your a real thrill seeker then my suggestion is to take a blue cab to downtown and ask the driver to yalla !
My 4 year old loved this hotel I'm happy that we got it for a really low price as it's never a 4 star hotel as advertised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lets start with the good points.

The hotel it self is very nice, always seems clean and theres enough swimming pools and slides etc to keep children busy. The animation team are all very nice and put in games through out the day.

The barman at the pool bar (ahmed) and the bar man at the outside evening bar (esmeed) are very nice and always do there job with a smile. I wish the same could be said for the rest of the workers.

The rooms are cleaned every day but i think the bedding was only changed once in 2 weeks.

They where the good points.

On the second night, i went to the bar ordered my drinks, and when the bar man gave them to me he said "jihad" when i questioned him he ran away. We didnt want to say to much to any body about this as we never knew what consequence it could bring us.

I found 90% off staff treat you badly just because you are english. One day my girlfriend flip flops went missing, a few days later one of the pool staff was walking around in them, even tho they were girls and about 3 sizes to small for him. I went on a slide with my boy, both leaving our flip flops at the bottom, after going on the slide my flip flops had gone. I went to tue manager and all of a sudden they were "found".

The food here is no good for the average brit, okra for breakfast and bird tongue soup for lunch didnt really do it for me but lucky enough there is a kfc and mcds 10 min walk from the hotel. If you do want to eat the food make sure you bring a suitcase full of Imodium, you will need it.

There are several shops around the complex, and the owners pester you every time you walk past, it got to a point when we would walk the long way around just to avoid them. The same for the excursion team, they will come find you at your sun bed and pester you every day until they get your money. We did do a few day trips and i must say the snorkelling to paradise island was worth every £.

If you want to leave the hotel you will have taxis pulling up at the side of the road trying to get you to get a taxi, even if its only a five min walk.
While we was there one of the entertainment staff was mugged by taxi drivers (these taxis are nothing to do with the hotel).

Lastly if you want to look at Russian and german men in budgie smugglers (speedos) all holiday and dont mind them pushing to the front of the que every day then this is the place for you.

Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from 10 nights with partner, booked through loveholidays.com flight was ok when we arrived at airport you have to pay a tax which we never knew about of £22 each which seemed to depend who your transfer was with as to how much it actually cost! Staff at the airport were very rude and unhelpful the airport it's self was like something from the land time forgot. We transferred with a company called A2B who were a joke the transfer is 8km and it took us an hour because they forgot to stop at our resort we was supposed to be first drop. (take my advice get a taxi it only cost £10 and took 10 mins) we only know this as our return transfer didn't turn up so we had to get a taxi after trying to contact them at our own expense with no luck.
On arriving at the hotel we was somehow told the room was not ready at 10pm! Then told to go eat in the restaurant which wasn't open till 11pm for late dinner we was then shown to our room. The room it's self was better than I had expected we had a super king size bed with free A/C, safe and bottled water in the fridge which was a nice touch.
The hotel was nice and clean no wi-fi though, our room was always cleaned everyday and towels and water replaced, all rooms seemed to have a pool view from the balcony but out side our front door it was like a local dumping ground with rubbish and crap every where (we was buy the kids pool), the pools were great and the slides also great. The restaurants were average at best a bit of a free for all with very rude and arrogant German and Russian people pushing in and doing whatever they liked and the staff in there was not particularly helpful same goes for the bars except the pool bar which was run by a VERY NICE man called Hedra who couldn't do enough for you and always made a point of coming over and welcoming you like a long lost friend drinks were very limited but ok I suppose.
Our rep at the hotel was Noir from masters travel not very helpful in the slightest he booked us excursion to go snorkling at a cost of £35 each then rang us the next day demanding an extra £5 each which we payed. The morning of the trip we got up to be picked up at the hotel at 08.10 am we waited in the reception for well over an hour and no one turned up, we then had to call Noir again at our own expense for him to say he will call us back which he never did! It took 2 days to get our money back after some excuse about a new driver BLAH BLAH BLAH.
The shops in side the hotel were good the jewellery shop owner in particular, we ventured out to the nearest bazaar which I wouldn't recommend unless you want to be harassed till you give in and buy something just get out of the shop!
We was both ill for two days with extremely bad bellies :-( we was told it was due to the weather but a lot of people had the same thing handily the pharmacy was just across the road were you could get some tablets for £7.
All in all I would NOT return to Hurghada

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for one week with partner and we couldn't of asked for more!!! Food was good, staff were very helpful and friendly, hotel and rooms very clean, pool and daytime entertainment excellent, night time entertainment ok.
Breakfast was a massive selection of croissants, cereal, toast, fresh fruit and freshly made in front of you pancakes & omelettes. Lunch and dinner amazing around 10 things to choose from and didn't everything night, amazing cakes!!!
Daytime exercise classes which were fun, Pilates, aqua pool, step classes as well as amazing pools and water park with around 15 different slides for all ages. Night time entertainment we watched a fire show, snake show and there was also other entertainment but they were the best ones.
Day trips are available really cheap we went on the day boat trip with snorkelling really well organised and fun day. (Book with hotel, better prices than reps)
Also there's a mall and market 5-1mins walk and the marina which is good around 15mins in a taxi (order the taxi at the hotel) other ones seem a bit dodgy.
We would def go back and we never say that about anywhere we go.
The only thing which they didn't have is wifi but didn't notice and go on Facebook as there is so much to do.

• Stayed June 2014
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A good hotel with many activities to keep you entertained during the day and night.

The food was ok although I did struggle to find something to suit my pallet at dinner, although not the hotels fault as they try and cater for all nationalities.

The drinks were good although a little limited for all inclusive.

Day entertainment was your usual water games, darts and dancing etc. Evening started with mini disco followed by a caberet style singer followed by the annimation team and their shows which consisted of comedy sketches and mr titanic hotel. My favourite was the Kenyan acrobatics.

The rooms were a very good size and clean although could do with a little updating. The nice touches such as air con and free safe and free bottled water daily in the mini fringe.

I would return to this hotel as I loved the pools the water slides and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aquapark? Share your experiences!