“Lovely !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Lovely !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have read some of the bad reviews about this hotel, and i must say i disagree with them.... For the money you pay this is one lovely 4 star hotel... We went there in the summer of 2010 and found that place beautiful... Had a great,spacious room at the top floor that overlooks the beach and their little island. The room is a bit outdated but nothing too bad, great kingsize bed and a big bathroom. Food was good,we had AI, just a bit monotone, but you always had something tasty to eat... Hotel beach was one of the best i have ever seen, the sea is crystal clear and the beach was never too crowdy, regardless of what time of the day you visit it. Staff was very polite, nice and helpfull. If you go to the Hurghada city beware of the taxi driver because they will try to rip you off for some extra cash :) Overall - Great hotel at a very nice location

Room Tip: All the rooms that have the sea and beach view are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A great holiday. In the hotel I went back to get some rest for the sixth time. Excellent location of the hotel, beautiful beach to relax and enjoy. Delightful experience is the right dry and warm African morning breakfast in the garden.I always feel, harmonizing in this hotel because it accessible from my trip home is always like to feel fresh, rested and healthy. Small objections can be found at all Hotels.

Room Tip: Objections to the room at the reception quickly resolved.Room location is a matter of individual tas...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
budaiya bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nice Hotel. The location is perfect on the Red Sea which has some of the best reefs in the world. The views are stunning from the balcony. The restaurants are great including breakfast. The staff are always willing to help. The glass bottom boat tour of the reef is highly recommended. Loved this place and hope to go there again.

Room Tip: high floors with nice views of red sea
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place was incredibly nice, considering it is in a 3rd world country. The architecture and decor has tons of pizzazz and wow factor, and there is a lot to do on the property. You will find nine different restaurants here, and the food is really pretty good. Guest service is an obvious priority for the hotel, and I found the hotel to be very clean and hospitable. The only area of the hotel that was a little disappointing was the disco. This hotel is located convenient for travelers wishing to spend time looking at the historical locations of Egypt and the nightly price for me was below $100 U.S. per night. You will find an incredibly beautiful beach here and if beaches aren't your cup of tea, then try one of the many swimming pools.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the beach, where you will no doubt be treated to a nice sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here a year ago with my dad. We arrived in Hurghada in the mid afternoon and it was boiling hot. The hotel offered us a transfer service to the hotel. The coach was air conditioned and was very nice. I expected the transfer to be around 30 minutes long maximum however it turned out that it was more like an hour and a bit long! Not a major issue but not in the best location you could possible imagine. We arrived at the hotel and the staff welcomed us warmly. Mark warner was the company we were going with and they were very good. They showed us to our room in which was a bit old fashioned. The beds were basic but you could get a good night sleep in. The layout of the hotel was very good with the brilliant happy hour! There were several bars to have drinks in as well.

There were huge pools which i particularly enjoyed and a nice beach bar. The one thing that was very good and i am very pleased about is the diving centre. The diving centre was well equipped with all the equipment needed and a lovely huge boat to go on. They even had their own decompression chamber which was very good. Our dive guide was excellent (shazly) and i thoroughly enjoyed my first diving experience.

on the downside of the rooms i noticed that they were a bit wear and tear and the casual lizard running across the roof. But there was nothing to worry about and other than that the hotel was a lovely place to stay in! The staff were very kind to us and i would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Hurghada.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room - very nice
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Novi Sad, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and me were there in august 2011, for 11,12 days. I realy do not understand few bad reviews for this hotel, so I decided to write one positive. Hotel is in relaitvely new part of Hurhghada in a lovely park. Hotel is big, clean and comfortable with one of the most beautiful beaches in Hurghada with palm trees in a small bay - very nice for relaxing holiday. Pool area is also nice. There is a lovely, small peninsula, nice for waching sunset or to take pictures of beautiful Red Sea. We take a half board, but hotel also offers all inclusive. Food is good, tasty with great choice for every meal. The rooms are huge, as always in Egypt, modern, very good equiped, with coffie (tea) maker. The staf is friendly and helpful. This hotel is very good value for money and I can realy recomend to stay here and do not worry about some bad reviews. Just relax and enjoy in warm wather, clean and clear Red Sea and you will have great holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My gf and I, and our boy, aged 7, visited this hotel a few years ago. The reason I haven't reviewed it before is because I haven't been much on tripadvisor. I'd just like to say that all the bad reviews on this hotel are a bit of a mystery to me. Let me explain.

We had gotten hold of very cheap tickets, so we weren't really expecting more than a basic bed. We chose not to go All Inclusice - it's much better to take a taxi into Hurghada and try out various local restaurants! When we arrived we were impressed by the lovely, clean lobby area, helpful staff, a non-alcoholic welcome drink and a lovely room. Really - the hotel is spotless. I can't remember what type of room it was. But considering the low price, it was very nice indeed. Clean, comfy and with a lovely view over the beautiful pool area. What more can one ask for?

We truly enjoyed every meal. (Only breakfasts, since we ate out for dinner). Great selection, friendly waiters and really everything - and more - than we could want.

The grounds of the hotel were also very nice - just like all the other hotels in Hurghada. A nice pool and a short walk down to the beach. No complaints here either. There's even an artificial island you can walk out to. Lovely for a romantic strole in the evening. The only downside to the beach was the lack of good snorkling. It's just boring and sandy. Lovely for relaxing, but this is the Red Sea! (We took a taxi to Sjarm el Naga, and here the snorkling was utterly sensational!!!!!! This place was not in our travel brochure. The staff at the hotel recommended it, and if you love diving/snorkling it is totally worth the 45min taxi!) At the hotel beach one can rent kayaks, surf boards, or even try paragliding (recommended.)

Be generous with tips to the staff. Egypt is a very poor country. A small amount for us means a great deal to them.

Any complaints? Not anything I can blame on the hotel at least. Egypt is well known for the risk of tummytrouble. Never(!) drink any of the tap water. Don't even use it to brush your teeth. Bottled water is so cheap, so don't take the risk. Clean your hands with antibac before every meal. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone. DON'T worry about the bad reviews here! It was just great, and I'd love to come back someday.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. We were perfectly happy in the cheapest 3-bed room, so I wouldn't both...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Hotel Hurghada? Share your experiences!