“A nice hotel with a terrible service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elysees

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Elysees
You added Elysees to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O Box: (362) | El Sheraton Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #126 of 177 Hotels in Hurghada
Belgrade, Serbia
“A nice hotel with a terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Located between two city cores of Hurghada, Elysees hotel has an excellent location (5 L.E. is a taxi to any of the city downtown's). Restaurant is fine (but menu was the same for the whole 10 days I was there). Hotel beach and swimming pool are great.

But what makes me give an average grade to this hotel was the service, which is terrible. Bed sheets were not changed each day, and when they were changed, once I've got an dirty sheet from another room. I noticed that by a cigarette ash on a sheet and a lipstick trace (someone wanted to mark its sheet to see if it is changing). Service on the beach and restaurant was the same. Guy working in a restaurant was drinking water from a clean glass and then put it among the clean glasses! I was on a all inclusive arrangement, and I couldn't get a drink I want when I want.

I decided to have a holiday in this hotel because of the recommendation of a friend. He was there a few years ago, and he has great experience with it. Some of the people I get to know on a beach was also in the hotel few years ago, and they say that the service back then was way much better than now.

Room Tip: We were in the room above the reception desk, and it was on a nice place around the swimming pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Well, for someone who knows the ratings and standards, two maybe three stars are real value.
Hygiene in the restaurant is awful: you will see even food residues on your glass or plates.
WiFi stands, but only for 512 kbps and near the reception...
And Egyptians are kind mostly, but minority are even rude and try to steal your money...
One excellent thing is the beach: it's really dream beach

• Stayed August 2012
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The design of hotel is nice-sure. But the service is really terrible! They are too lazy. We asked to equip our room few days. And few days tried to change it in reception-nobody helps. The most bad impression we get from restaurant-not delicious and not friendly! At first we stayed like prisoners to get 1 smallest piece of meat or chicken(they choosed the most small).Then air condition in restaurant did not work -it was impossible to eat. They used to play intolerable old Egyptian music every evening (like metal scratches a glass) and for request to change disc just smiled! Never more we will come to this hotel

Room Tip: In main building you can use Wi-Fi. It is more near to beach & Restaurant
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'd chosen this hotel by chance, without checking reviews, which I actually did afterwards. Because of some of them I was expecting everything but not a nice & cozy hotel. But! From the 1rst step & first sight I liked it. The design was very modern, european. The hotel itself wasn't very big or it just seemed to me, but I can not say that it was crowded, no. The atmosphere is so relaxing, when I opened my window on the 1st day & observed pool area I heard chill out music playing not very loud. On the beach which was also very nice I was listening to Frank Sinatra in the mornings, so I put away my mp3 player & just enjoyed it to the full. My room was cleaned every day, all appliances worked perfectly, no complaints. The hotel staff were very friendly & helpful. The hotel location was really convinient, cause if u want to see more than just staying at the hotel all the time it ll save u a lot of money on taxi, cause it's very close to downtown of Hurgada. So next time when I go to Hurgada, I ll for sure choose Elysees.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for 1 week in July 2011. The hotel is good value and generally nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The reception staff are helpful. The pool area is well kept. The beach is across the road. If you are looking for an inexpensive and friendly hotel I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had the best vacation ever as couple, at City hotel... Morning we had nice breakfast buffet, then we run to relax by the beach, while al-inclusive served till the sun set, Enjoy the sun the animation programs, house music, we can order the best food ever while we are by the beach, later you can have fun by the hotel pool, evening time walking by the walk way which is full of shops.. night time enjoy at the pub...

Room Tip: 400 building or main building
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Everything was just an improvisation. Food wasn't that bad, but almost without meat. Good for diet, everyday the same. Staff is inefficient, they smile but never resolving anything. We only liked two guys from the bar. Rooms are mostly dirty, the room view is awful. The beach is dirty and overcrowded. All inclusive was "all abusive" without bottled water, with bad quality drinks. The only good thing was the sea and the new part of the city Hurghada. And we didn't get sick. The airport is inhuman, as well. I asked for a bottled water for the kid and they charged me 7 euros (small bottle).

Room Tip: Choose some other hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family