“not as expected nor described” 2 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Elysees
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O Box: (362) | El Sheraton Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #108 of 183 hotels in Hurghada
“not as expected nor described”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Well, for someone who knows the ratings and standards, two maybe three stars are real value.
Hygiene in the restaurant is awful: you will see even food residues on your glass or plates.
WiFi stands, but only for 512 kbps and near the reception...
And Egyptians are kind mostly, but minority are even rude and try to steal your money...
One excellent thing is the beach: it's really dream beach

• Stayed August 2012

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The design of hotel is nice-sure. But the service is really terrible! They are too lazy. We asked to equip our room few days. And few days tried to change it in reception-nobody helps. The most bad impression we get from restaurant-not delicious and not friendly! At first we stayed like prisoners to get 1 smallest piece of meat or chicken(they choosed the most small).Then air condition in restaurant did not work -it was impossible to eat. They used to play intolerable old Egyptian music every evening (like metal scratches a glass) and for request to change disc just smiled! Never more we will come to this hotel

Room Tip: In main building you can use Wi-Fi. It is more near to beach & Restaurant
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'd chosen this hotel by chance, without checking reviews, which I actually did afterwards. Because of some of them I was expecting everything but not a nice & cozy hotel. But! From the 1rst step & first sight I liked it. The design was very modern, european. The hotel itself wasn't very big or it just seemed to me, but I can not say that it was crowded, no. The atmosphere is so relaxing, when I opened my window on the 1st day & observed pool area I heard chill out music playing not very loud. On the beach which was also very nice I was listening to Frank Sinatra in the mornings, so I put away my mp3 player & just enjoyed it to the full. My room was cleaned every day, all appliances worked perfectly, no complaints. The hotel staff were very friendly & helpful. The hotel location was really convinient, cause if u want to see more than just staying at the hotel all the time it ll save u a lot of money on taxi, cause it's very close to downtown of Hurgada. So next time when I go to Hurgada, I ll for sure choose Elysees.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for 1 week in July 2011. The hotel is good value and generally nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The reception staff are helpful. The pool area is well kept. The beach is across the road. If you are looking for an inexpensive and friendly hotel I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had the best vacation ever as couple, at City hotel... Morning we had nice breakfast buffet, then we run to relax by the beach, while al-inclusive served till the sun set, Enjoy the sun the animation programs, house music, we can order the best food ever while we are by the beach, later you can have fun by the hotel pool, evening time walking by the walk way which is full of shops.. night time enjoy at the pub...

Room Tip: 400 building or main building
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Everything was just an improvisation. Food wasn't that bad, but almost without meat. Good for diet, everyday the same. Staff is inefficient, they smile but never resolving anything. We only liked two guys from the bar. Rooms are mostly dirty, the room view is awful. The beach is dirty and overcrowded. All inclusive was "all abusive" without bottled water, with bad quality drinks. The only good thing was the sea and the new part of the city Hurghada. And we didn't get sick. The airport is inhuman, as well. I asked for a bottled water for the kid and they charged me 7 euros (small bottle).

Room Tip: Choose some other hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Great Hotel for the Money! Friendly staff, Clean Hotel, Nice Rooms, TV, Fridge (although a bit small), Safe. The shower was good and the rooms where cleaned every day. The beach is across the road, but I didn't find this a problem. There where plenty of facilitys on the Beach.

If I was to complain, it would be that it was full of Russians. These people must be the Rudest and loudest People on the planet. They walk right in front of you, they don't say thank you, they don't say please. I was lying on the beach and a load of them pitched a Volleyball net right beside my sun lounnger without asking me if I mind. I ended up having to move. Another Russian banged on my hotel room door at 8am and started grunting waving a Cigarette about. We realised he wanted a lite, so my partner gave him a lite and he never said thank you and walked off!!!

It's true that you do get hastled by Egyptians to buy stuff, but you just tell them firmly, but politely, No thank you and walk on!

The Hotel advertised WIFI, but I was all over the Hotel and cound not connect to any, the only WIFi was on the Beach!

The Hotel had a 1 towel per person, per day policy at the beach. If you got a towel from them in the morning and you wanted to leave the beach in the afternoon and come back later, then you had to check that towel in and you would get the same towel back, I was a bit miffed at that.

Overall it's a great Hotel if you are looking for a cheap holiday!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Elysees? Share your experiences!