“The Cockroaches won” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Cockroaches won”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel, I use the term loosely,for four nights and had to leave because it was cockroach central!!
Every night I`d see one or two if it was a good night for them, I would have to ring receptiom to come and get rid, they were supersize, the size of a two year old babys hand. I could have coped with the regular ones but at 150 Egyptian pounds a night it was a big price to pay for extra guests in your bathroom.
They offered to move me to another room in the middle of the first night as the cockroach infestation was worse in the first room, the walls were green and swollen with damp patches.
The Egyptian guests seemed to be content, one told me he comes to this hotel to relax!!!?
The towels were dirty even though they were clean towels and there were only two lampshades for lighting a very big room, nightmare to do your makeup.
The furniture was old and worn and the fridge was not cooling my water at all, when I mentioned it I was told it was not for freezing, which I did not want anyway. The layer of dust on the lampshade made me choke.
The beach looked small and dirty, full of slimy men who would circle like sharks, a good smattering of Arabic helped to get rid, but not for long so I could not relax even with my headphones on.
I asked for a wakeup call for 7am and got it at 8am and was late for my diving.
There was a very loud disco next door so could not sleep for first half of the night and neither the second for the cockroach infestation. In the end the cockroaches won and I left, they did not even help me with my luggage until I mentioned a tip, I did not find them worthy of a tip or thankyou.
So if you love cockroaches you might enjoy it, otherwise avoid like the plague!

Room Tip: Raise hell when you see a giant cockroach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Aussie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

When we arrived they refused to check their computer for our booking. We had paid in full before we left home, but they didn't acknolwdge and we had to pay again.
Everything in the room had a thick layer of dust on it. The ashtray still had cigarette butts in it (we don't smoke). There was no toilet paper, towels or soap. They gave us hand towels to use. The bed sheets hadn't been changed, there were hairs in the bed. The bathroom, and the kitchenette were filthy. It was obvious that the room hadn't been cleaned for months. When we turned the bathroom light on it blew the fuse for the room so we had no power.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
manama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

During our stay in this hotel we saw only 4 staff members: 1 housekeeping 1 receptionist 1 manager and 1 waiter in the corner which used as a hotel restaurant. The staff doesn't speak english, just a few words.The construction of the hotel is not finished and only 2 floors in use. Everywhere dirt, dust, etc.Upon entering the rooms we discovered there was no towels, no toiletpaper, door handles are broken, all furniture in a very bad and old condition and bed linen were full of hair. After we asked for towels, they provide us all the time with not proper cleaned towels.In a rooms: no mini bar, no kettle for tea and coffee, no handles for clothes.
Very small and dirty beach, and you have to provide yourself with matress and towels.
There is no swiming pool at all, which is on a picture it belongs to other hotel!

• Stayed September 2009

Been to Alia Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!