This was my first visit to Egypt but I was unimpressed by this hotel, it`s staff and overall experience.
My room was large with a balcony but too near the entertainment amphitheatre for me to get any peace and sleep of a night. The maitre d at the main restaurant was very stern and quite rude at times, the food was okay but when I passed a compliment on the roast duck I was met with the two chefs and a request to write a letter of compliment and recommendation for the staff concerned, to be passed to management. Sometimes silence is golden.
The hotel was full of mainly Russian guests who often hogged the tables in the restaurant and were quite rude in reminding you if you made the mistake of choosing the same table. The waiters were quite slow so often we just went to get our own drinks,however they were quite efficient on changeover day.
The receptionists were pleasant and helpful and arranged my wakeup calls efficiently.
There was a cockroach infestation in my holiday friends room, she was usually complaining about them, I saw two in her bathroom. Her room was fumigated but she noticed there were more after that. I did not notice any in mine thankfully.
The sales touts around the pool area were quite annoying and I gave up trying to relax by the pool, the hotel was quite far from the town centre so I only went into town a couple of times in a taxi. I felt quite stranded,another good reason not to choose this hotel again.
In the end I just went out on a diving trip every other day because there was nothing to stay in the hotel for. No redeeming features whatsoever.
I needed another holiday to get over that one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Festival Le Jardin Resort is a 4 star plus resort situated 20 km north of Hurghada International Airport, 15 km from the city center and 10 km from El-Gouna. The resort has been built on 5 floors in an area of 27.000 m2 with a unique view of the magnificent Red Sea. This energized resort caters to satisfy the needs of enjoyable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Festival Le Jardin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Le Jardin Hotel Hurghada
- Festival Le Jardin Hurghada
- Festival Le Jardin Hotel Hurghada