“I don't get the reviews” 1 of 5 stars

You added Steigenberger Aqua Magic to your Saves list
Steigenberger Aqua Magic
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Yussif Afifi Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Hurghada
“I don't get the reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is nothing personal against any of the staff as most of them are lovely, smiley and helpful...however, this is the worst kind of all-inclusive you can get.

The food is bad at best. It's the cheapest selection of foods that are available. The drinks are a joke. Weak beer by the 250 ml glass, moody wine, and sugar sickening cocktails.

The animation (entertainment) are nice people but the routines are stuck in the early 90's and none of the animators show any passion for the jobs.

In numerous occasions, I asked for a beer or water at the dinner table and never got served.

You had better service if you were Russian, rude and never said please or thank you.

Ps. We went on holiday to break the daily routine, but do appreciate WIFI to catch up on emails. This was the worst part. Only available in the lobby, which meant it was full of people zombies out looking at their phones, and it was slow!

Lastly, we had to call a doctor, which arrived promptly, however gave me no confidence when he mis-diagnosed my 3 year old with acute tonsillitis, and advised he have 2 jabs, which I declined.

Travellers that rate this as 5, don't got on many holidays.

Food, 1/5

Doctor, 1/5

Shopping, 1/5

Cleanliness, 2/5

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have returned for our 2nd time in two years, having a great family holiday last year, I must mention our Eygypian Ant and Dec in the lobby bar Karam and Ahmed Fathy these guys made us smile whenever we saw them also they're manager Hany a azziz who is a crazy guy,The entertainment area staff were great especially Mido Kuku and Ramy who is the kindest person you could ever meet if you needed anything Ramy would get it for you a true gent, I also enjoyed meeting the guys from the beach Hazem the buggy man welcomed us back with open arms and made our trips to the beach so much easier, Bolas the beach waiter and Emily the sunbed guy made our stays at the effortless, overall a most relaxing and enjoyable stay and would return again next year

Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited Steigenberger in late March, and had a stunning holiday, it ticked all the boxes. The choice of pools were fantastic, something to suit everyone... cold, warm, play, relaxing, zooms, children and adults alike. All the staff were superb, friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for you. However, the award for the best bar tender I have ever met must go to Adam in the Sky Bar. Adam dubiously claims to be the Prince of Luxor, but he is without question the King of Steigenberger, it is worth a visit to the sky pool just to meet him! This holiday was just for the 2 of us, but we are keen to return with the children next year, as it will be just as enjoyable for them, the facilities are fantastic. Only 2 (very small) negatives. The club that is on the complex can easily be misunderstood as being part of the hotel. It is only when you are in there and have paid £20 for 2 drinks that you realise it is not. The buffet restaurant can be a bit repetitive, although this hotel offer 3 opportunities to eat a la carte a week, all of which are fantastic, particularly the Sky restaurant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great hotel, loads to do. Staff excellent......Ebram in the roof bar, Ahmed and Mohamed in the adult pool area, Haytham in the Italian restaurant - the list could go on.....
Everything going for this hotel except for the main buffet restaurant. Food generally cold and selection repetitive. Used other restaurants instead ( all included ) and food good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
staffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for the Easter holidays. My first impressions of reception were not good. The hotel was very busy and seemed people were pushing in front of me which the reception staff ignored. Eventually got to the room. I had booked a Superior room and if this was superior I dread to think what the standard rooms were like!! The lights didn't work properly so was dark whilst getting ready. I reported to reception 3 times and eventually had to take the guy from reception to show him. He agreed it was not good enough and said he would sort it. 2 days later was eventually sorted out!! Also seemed to have a problem with the room key in which most days it wouldn't work so another trip back to reception!! As others have mentioned there is no plug socket near a mirror so if u like to straighten your hair etc it's difficult!!
Anyway onto the hotel. To sum it up it was way to busy and the staff couldn't cope. I just don't think there was enough of them. We often had to wait in a queue for the Main Restaurant something I have never experienced in an all inclusive hotel. In all honesty I enjoyed the food and found it to be similar to other hotels in Egypt so no complaints from me there. Also icecream was served for most of the day!! There is also a kids restaurant
Pools were good and some heated. In general the hotel is huge but seemed crammed in. No nice gardens etc to walk around.
Kids club was fantastic and my 6 year old daughter enjoyed the activitys especially the Easter egg hunt!! As others have said the beach area is nice with free pedal boats , canoeing etc.
Adults only roof top pool was amazing and mezo served the best cocktails and was such a friendly guy!!
Some of the Lobby bar staff were also good and worked so hard. Also gave to mention the room cleaner he was amazing with towel art everyday and rose petals. Again such a nice man. Another special mention to the guy who worked in the gym. He was so friendly and helpful and does personal training sessions. He is a true asset to the hotel!!
In summary we did have a lovely holiday just a few points which let the hotel down. Having been to Sharm 3 times previously think I prefer Sharm. I guess it's down to personal opinion though. I would recommend the hotel just try to go during quieter periods!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This resort has great facilities .. overall we had a good time .. meanwhile I've been to many places in hurghada where I had much pleasant time .. some staff are helpful .. animation team only concerned about foreigners .. meals are average.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Me and my partner came here in march for her birthday and absolutely loved our 1st week here.
The hotel is kept very clean our rooms cleaned daily and mini bar toped up.
The only downside to this hotel is the food it is not for the fussy like us and was expecting a lot more from a 5☆ but the most important thing about this hotel is how they performed when I had an accident 4 hours before I was due to fly.
I fell down the marble stairs in the main lobby down to the canteen and broke my kneecap and severd my tenden.
The people were brilliant.i was rushed to hospital they arranged transport for me.they sorted a room for my partner as I was in hospital for 4 days and genarally took good care of her while I was away.
When I was discharged I came back here as I couldn't get a flight right away which lead to an extra 10 day stay here.
People are great managers where great gave us free wifi in room and let my partner bring food and drinks for me from the canteen.
Overall this would have been perfect holiday had it not been for the food and lack of entertainment at night would visit again if they do somthing to cater for english

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Steigenberger Aqua Magic? Share your experiences!