“Amazing vacation” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Yussif Afifi Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #20 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
“Amazing vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

spent a couple of nights in this hotel, including new year's eve with my small wife and child
it was a great short stay and I would definitely want to go there again

good things about this place:
- staff: very professional, helpful and responsive
- pools: all pools are heated, clean, well maintained and with great facilities around
- food is above average
-hotel facilities are well maintained
- All inclusive package is a great value for money

I would recommend this hotel as a perfect relaxing getaway at anytim

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

my first ever trip to Egypt and I was lucky enough to have my mum pick this hotel for us. She has been to Egypt 5 times and put this right to the top of her list. We arrived quite late in the evening and were given the opportunity to get food before the restaurant closed which was good, however we were not hungry and really wanted to get sorted and relax. The hotel lobby was beautiful and had a live pianist in the bar. What more would you want on arrival... well maybe a drink brought over to you. Even just water would have been ideal given the heat at 9pm at night. A young man chatted to us while showing us up to our room. Very pleasant surroundings though some of the flooring tiles a bit slippy even when not wet... something I had to get used to. The room was incredible. Huge, we were so impressed with it. Air con already on. Only issue mosquitos but what can you expect in a hot country. We woke up to a remarkable view. Not all the rooms will be as lucky but sitting on a balcony overlooking the pool and sea what more could you want on your first morning. Lots of options to eat for each meal of the day and it changed on a daily basis. Both of the fine dining options were brilliant and they were much obliging to deliver my mum a birthday cake. very lovely of the hotel. The pools were excellent. The adult only area was so relaxing I can't begin to describe. The only thing that was dissapointing was after checking out we had to shower in a tiny horrid little room that looked like staff quarters. A very different environment from what we had experienced all week. But only I minor downside. last week I booked a return for my partner and I and can only hope he loves it as much.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We have just spent a week at the Aqua magic to relax after the wife had a small opp we found the hotel to be just what we wanted very near perfect. We spent most of the day time at the roof top pool bar been entertained and served by Adam this guy was brilliant always there with a drink without been chased and he did it with a smile all the time top guy made our holiday advise you go say hello if staying there. This is a quite place just wat we wanted but the Hotel offers so much more for family's of all ages. We will be back

• Stayed January 2015
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We have just returned from the hotel after a 2 week holiday.

I have to say that we have had a fantastic 2 weeks stay that we thouroughly enjoyed.

I am finding it difficult where to start.

The rooms in the hotel were fantastic, the whole of the hotel takes cleanliness to another level, and the food was amazing.

The staff from the general manager Dieter to the pool staff and the housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and could not do enough for you.

I could not mention all the staff that were friendly and helpful as this review would be too long, but I feel special mention should be given to Dieter the general manager for the help given throughout our stay, I would also like to mention Charlotte and All the rest of the guest relations team.

A special mention has to be given to Adam on the roof top pool bar he has a great sense of humour and made the holiday more enjoyable, we spent the end of every day up at the roof top pool bar to have some great laughs before going for dinner.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody I knew, in fact I have been home 2 days and have already recommend this hotel to several people.

Although I have only mentioned a few people in this review, I would like to thank all the staff who work for steigenberger Aqua magic in Hurghda for making our holiday a memorable one.

Thanks Again

Room 5322 left 20/01/2015

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Booked this holiday 3 week before departure. Was £780 for 2 for the week so seemed a bargain,never been to t'egipt before so thought I would have a go & never been to a 5* either. The travel agent told us not to bother booking transfers as it's cheaper & quicker..after a bit ov bartering go him to 100EP.. With a tip worked out about £14..I was happy with that for a 10 min journey rather than sat on a bus for 30 min or more if you contact the hotel before you go they have an in house limo service that can be arranged to pick you up..£20 give or take..the taxis on the rank are sheds & the drivers are not the best..we used the limo service to take us back to airport. The hotel on arrival looks impressive & there a couple ov lads who take yer suitcases wait till you have checked in & take them to your room. The room was amazing,biggest bed I've ever slept in,nice big bathroom with a massive walkin/wet room shower & a great view over the lazy river 1 ov the 9 pools with the Red Sea in the back ground. After a quick freshen up we headed down to get some food & passing reception dumped into ppl off our flight just checking in so the taxi was a good shout. So to the food.. Other than fish I will basically eat anything.. You could just make a meal out ov what there was..it seemed to be geared up for the Russians.. Stewed this stewed that & stuff I've never heard ov... They do try to please every taste but having to eat shepherds pie with a spoon cos it was runny was a 1st.. The hotel wasn't at capacity when I was there but some nights it was a bit ov a wait to get a table..would be a nightmare in summer..If there was restaurants within walking distance I would have ate out every night. The roof top restaurant that you can go to once a week depending how long you stay isn't a bad munch,nice big steak starters & pudding... The al a cart Italian..again once a week was ok but the portions was tiny & I think they was in a rush..30 min from walking in the door to walking out... Bit quick for a 3 course. Think you get the idea about the food.. I wasn't impressed. The drink... Lager bit gassy but did what it had to... The spirits was ok & didn't skimp on the measures... The cocktails was ok.. I don't usually drink them but made a change from the lager every now & then..tried most ov them & a merry night was had by all... The bar staff & waiters are the stars.. You can have a laugh & joke with them & once they know what you are drinking they will keep bringing you drinks without even asking. Mozart was a good lad & looked after us. The adult only pool bar on the roof is a good place during the day.. Brilliant views & pleanty ov sunbeds.. Even sunbeds in the pool to cool you down. Adam is the main man up there & looks after you like a V.I.P... Nothing is to much for him or his mate... Can't remember his name but was Barack Obama lookalike.. Spent every afternoon up there & I think the missus tried every cocktail on the menu & a lot ov Adams own recipes. Top man. All in all its a very good hotel for the facility's & the pools & the slides and the kids pirate ship looked amazing... The only thing that let it down & spoiled my holiday a bit was the food.. Don't let me put you off this place.. I'm only one opinion

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my wife have just recently returned from a recent stay and would like to commet on the following...
Staff- very good service especially Ahmed ( beach bar, all papillon staff ( Taher) and sky bar and restarant. ( sky restarant manager and mr rashad , Elia )
Good rooms, kept clean , would recommend block 5 over looking main pool.
Food quality is good and service very good in all carte restarants but main buffet can be busy and crowed at times.
Beach bar is defiantly worth a visit and staff service is very good and cannot do enough to help with beach bed and drinks.
Water sports is good on site and not that expensive (£15 for 10/15 mins water ski) would also recommend doing the glass bottom trip where you get to snorkel for around 30 mins of trip.
Found guest relations very helpful in sorting out return taxi to airport and Charlotte was excellent throughout our stay.
Animation is not upto much during the day and evening reception bar but was quite windy in the evening so did not of to any of the outside events.
Can recommend using the hotel taxi to visit the marina as he will wait for you there while you go for a walk and drink to avoid any issues returning.
Good selection of pools throughout hotel and slides that are good for teenagers, pool on roof is excellent for getting away from kids and has great views to sea and desert.
Overall would say this is a good 4 star hotel and would return as long as the price was right again.
Tip for anyone returning, try and avoid noisy Russians, give the waiters a small tip for good service and they will not forgot and always do ther best to assist when they see you again. Treat the staff as you would expect to back home and they will do there best to make holiday great.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 5&6, give the staff a small tip and they will try and they will excel even more...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a well seasoned traveller and am not a 5* snob by any means however this hotel is a good 4* but certainly not deserving of its 5* status. The food was very disappointing and I have had better food choices and quality in similar hotels in Egypt. The a la carte restaurants weren't great either, again OK but nothing to write home about. If you are a bit of a foodie or liked to be spoilt on holiday avoid this hotel, if you just like to chill, drink and have fun on a couple of water slides thus is a great choice. The saving grace of our stay was the rooftop pool and bar, amazing!!! The staff, the ambience, the service was definately 5*. Don't get me wrong as I'm not slating the hotel, as I said it was just OK, would I visit again, yes, if it was a bargain. Was there anything I hated, no. Better hotels available, definately yes.

Room Tip: High floor, rooms were lovely. Great bathroom
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dieter G, General Manager at Steigenberger Aqua Magic, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for contributing your holiday experience on Tripadvisor.

We regret that the dishes in our main restaurant and specialty restaurants did not meet your palate, we would have appreciated if you would have approached us on site with your meal suggestions. Our Executive Chef always does his best include the guests wishes in the offered meals. It would be great if you could contact us on redsea.aquamagic@steigenberger.com with a further details on dishes wish you missed in our selection or dishes which could be improved from your point of view.

We were delighted to read your lovely words about our rooftop pool and the roof top bar. Thank you for rating the ambience, the staff and the service there with 5*.

The entire team truly hopes to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards

Dieter Geiger

Been to Steigenberger Aqua Magic? Share your experiences!