“holiday review 26th august till 5th spetembet 10day stay” 3 of 5 stars

Steigenberger Aqua Magic
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Yussif Afifi Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #36 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“holiday review 26th august till 5th spetembet 10day stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

well we booked this hotel on 26th august 2014 for 10 days, when we arrived it was big and was very busy , the building looked nice. but there are so many things that need improving and I feel so let down by staying at this hotel and for Thomas cook selling this holiday to me. lets start by telling you all our experience , and this is all true. we paid £1600 for 2 adults for ten day stay all inclusive , now ive been to kefalonia and malta and the quality of food is so much better over there , so why is it so poor at your hotel seeing that you are classed as a 5 star? food choice ive read loads reviews on here and the management say yes we have lots of choice , but you don't its a lie, the food hardly changes the menu is similar each day , you also say the food temperatures are regulated its a lie, ive eaten it , not once was the rice hot ok, all food should be piping hot , the meats where never hot neither, breakfast time sausages on menu , they were not susauges they was some form of meat substitute this again is fact, yeno what really annoyed me seeing that you have top qualified chefs in your hotel, why is the chicken pink inside and not cooked properly? and why is the fish also pink when I cut it up, this is unbelievable seriously your a 5 star hotel this is so unacceptable ok. I wouldn't expect undercooked food not even from a 1 star hotel. I was ill the 3 day in with diarehhea, now you going tell me its the weather, its not I went to kefalonia where it was hotter thatn hurghada temperatures reached 49c when I was there most days 2 years ago I was fine no sickness nothing, so do not tell other customers there ill because of the sun it has nothing to do with the sun, its the food, a lot people get diarehhea who have stayed in your hotel,my partner was also sick 4 days after this for 3 days with similar symptons but also vomiting aswell, listen you've got a lot explaining to do to your guests. we paid a lot money for this holiday. and the toilets all smell disgusting another Fact. you have them cleaned regular yes but there a horrible smell in all of them, this is so unacceptable, stick airfreshners in there, its such a basic thing to do, im sure im not the first to complain about this, for a 5 star hotel this is a disgrace, no one wants smell that smell ok. sort it out immediately, and the drinks free all inclusive are horrible whisky tastes like turps, why is thi hotel cutting corners on all scenes please tell me, cutting corners on food, cutting corners not making sure hotel toilets smell nice , weak nasty tasting alcohol, u have buy the real stuff and the price is no realistic the price alcohol is dearer in your hotel than back at a bar or club in britiain, this I don't understand. the pools were decent and staff where too, but your hotel is a let down and is no where near 5 star if u sorted out the toilets drinks and the food then youd prob get a 4 star rating, now I don't want hear bout the Italian restaurant could of eaten in yes it was ok, most people eat in the main restauarant tho , and that's where there are major problems,the drinks where not freshly squeezed orange juice or apple juice, why can u do freshly squeezed so much healthier. do you know pink chicken and undercooked fish are a danger especially salmonella which can kill a person, you need sack all them chefs and hire new ones , are they qualified because no qualified chefs would undercook fish and chicken, its a dangerous game to play with the health and safety of people eating in your hotel, you need sort this immedailtely and make sure all food is piping hot, and do not reply to me telling me it is regular checked I was there for ten days and it isn't checked and it is cold, and I tell the truth so u be truthfull with your guests instead lieing to them. I never complain nither but people have know about this. apart from that the holiday was good, the weather was nice beach was nice and excursions where great, your hotel let us down bigtime, and if anyone reading this things this is lies I will tell you this is all the truth and this hotel has lots of changes to make and I will be going to Thomas cook tomorrow to launch a complaint, especially about the food because im risked my health and my partner at this hotel, pink chicken and undercooked fish is totally unacceptable . I will not be returning to hurghada ever again and this is down to your hotel . so please don't reply and say hope we returned, and I will not let Thomas cook fob me off neither I will be speaking to them first thing tomorrow. its ashame because all me and my partner wanted was a beautiful 5 star hotel and best holiday we ever had, and your hotel ruin are trip. yet again do not blame the sun, as we are use to very hot weather conditions and have been fine in all other countries, I even took pics of the undercooked food as evidence . so unhappy and I would advise you quickly make changes to your hotel before sumone gets salmonella . regards and hope u act quickly and make changes

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

8 of us had a fantastic week here - after worrying so much about previous reviews. The rooms were clean and staff could not have been more helpful. The management work continuously to iron out any small problems. Pools lovely and clean, food great especially a la carte. Lazy river - lovely. A great family holiday- only negative nightly entertainment, however i would return

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This was me and my wife's 1st visit to this hotel but it was our 7th visit to Egypt. We both agreed this was the best hotel we have stayed in by far, the service from all the staff we met was top class and this appears to come from the management all the way down.

We ate in all of the restaurants and yes the main restaurant can be a little busy etc etc but come on it is a large area with lots of guests that all want to eat at the same time. The best food by far was in the Sky Bar Restaurant and you MUST have the Beef!

Italian restaurant - is a four course meal and all was very good, the waiters were very helpful as always.

Golf - I played twice at 08:00 during our stay and it's free apart from you have to buy golf balls (take your own and all free) very nice short walk from hotel.

Pool areas - all very good and clean, we spent most of our week on the roof in the adult only area. This is where we came across Adam the bar man who was our friend for the week, every morning we were welcomed as if it was our first and he made our stay (we did not want for anything) thanks Adam and we will see you again.

Room - our room over looked the main pool with slides and wax cleaned/decorated to a high standard. Mini bar full all the time, the cleaner was doing his job.

Sky Bar - We found this to be a lovely area to relax after dinner with a drink and smoke on the Shisha pipe, the pipes were looked after by Mina who was top class he really does look after all. Thanks for the pipes Mina. (Note pipe have a small fee of approx £2.50 bargain)

I would like to thank all the staff we met and the others we didn't as you will be seeing us again we promise!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Me and my friend came to this hotel in September 9th 2014. On arrival the hotel was very clean and we arrived about 11 to 11:30. Here, we were given the option to go and have our tea and go to the 24 hour bar. The staff were lovely and couldn't help you more.

The next day we found the roof top swimming pool and it was lovely. You could put your sun lounger in the pool and just relax as no children are allowed up there. The bar man ADAM was amazing and made our holiday. He made us anything we would ask for from special cocktails to homemade milkshakes and was so funny. He would always ask if we wanted another drink and half the time one was already made for you. He would sing English songs and his impressions were so funny.

Our room was lovely and clean and our bed was huge! Every morning we would have a new animal/flower on our bed which was a lovely idea. Air con was good in the rooms and our view out to the pool was really nice. Cleaners cleaned our rooms every day without fail and I couldnt fault them.

We visited the shops within the hotel and the staff were lovely apart from one man in the bag shop. He was trying to over charged us and we declined his offer for two bags and two purses. He become angry and started slamming the calculator on the floor and told us not to come back and to leave as he will get Egyptians on us. We later spoke to the staff there and they were sorry about this and explained that the shops are rented out. We were advised to make a complaint about the man. The next day we went in with a male friend and he didn't say anything. I would advise if you are two girls to be careful of this.

The food at the hotel was lovely along with the restaurants you are able to book for free part of the all inclusive. I would recommend going to the four course meal restaurants as the food was amazing! The only downside was that people did tend to push in at the buffet but I guess that's what you get all of the time. The staff were lovely and would come over and clear the table straight away and bring us other drinks. After the food, we would tend to go to the lobby (near reception) to have a few cocktails and drinks. This was nice but quite busy so we would tend to all go and sit outside.

The swimming pools were very big and the lazy river was perfect for getting a tan and just chilling. Everywhere was very clean and I could not fault the cleanliness.

Overall I would defiantly go back there again. The food was good, the staff were friendly and everywhere was clean and tidy. Really was a lovely holiday!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Orpington Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Upon arrival at this hotel, after 9pm, we were greeted with a small glass of drink and asked to go and have our evening meal, whilst reception staff completed the passport checks. This made the check in smoother as everyone wasn't trying to check in all at the same time, and we got to eat before the restaurant closed.
The hotel room we had was on floor 4, over looking the pool. The room itself was a nice size, with plenty of wardrobe space. The bathroom was amazing, the shower fully tiled, as if a wet room rather than a shower that's inside the bath.The room had a small fridge, that was stocked daily. (soft drinks only). The hotel restaurant times were really great, During the day we either spend time at one of the many pools or went to the beach. There were plenty of beds at both. You did still get the holiday makers who felt the need to reserve beds and never appear, but where don't you? To get to the beach you had to walk through the sister hotel, or jump on the golf buggy provided by the hotel. The walk was really nice though and only took about 10 slow minutes to walk. When arriving at the beach (late as ever for us) the beach man, was always able to find beds for us, and being a group of 5, this was sometimes quite hard. A small "tip" was welcomed and probably made it easier finding a bed! The pool did sometimes prove to be a challenge but I guess if your there before 12.30pm it would have been easier. If you are going with children, the pirate ship will be a great delight to them. We didn't have children, but felt maybe we could have done with one so that we could play on the pirate ship. All the children seemed to have great fun. I did notice the ship was switched off at times during the day, and guess probably to allow the adults a rest. One of the other nice places to visit whilst your there is the adult only pool area on the roof top. The bar is so lovely, relaxing and quiet, that is apart from Adam one of the bar men who laughed and laughed. very contagious in fact. He really made the time in that bar as he was very attentive, remembering our drinks, and making us feel very welcome.
The roof top bar was our general evening stop, the only downside, was that they closed it at 11, meaning we then had to go to the lobby bar. The lobby was a nice large area, with a selection of nice comfy chairs and sofa's. This was the 24 hour bar. If you find yourselves on holiday at the same time as Egyptian locals, they make the lobby bar quite noisy. When they go home, normality returns. If this happens bear with it, they wont stay for the whole week. The Bar Manager is very friendly, so make time to talk to him. He is very keen to talk to as many guests as he could.He wanted to see if there were any problems that he could fix. If you do have a problem, tell them and it will be fixed. We cant really comment about the evening entertainment as we didn't check it out, but it did certainly look like it was very popular. The hotel is very clean on the whole. Some of the loos weren't so good, but staff were always happy to put right if they were told. Watch out for upset tummy's as we all seemed to get one, but nothing to bad. what ever you do, do not buy your medication from the pharmacist right outside the hotel. He will rip you off and tell you the products your rep tells you to buy is wrong. There are several pharmacist about 15 minute walk toward town that will sell you what you need and at the correct price. If you want to buy leather bags, treat yourself in the local town just outside the hotel. They were cheaper than the shops in Hurghada town. Also, Cleopatras Bizaar is well worth a visit, prices very competitive. Finally, for the hotel, the following members of staff stood out for us and we would like you to know, Ramy Masoud (kids restaurant) Hany A.Aziz,(Bar Manager) Adam (adult pool), Adbul Baky.Mahammed, (Lazy river Bar) Adel Mohamed (Lobby Bar) & Danial Milad (beach Bar) Basically this an amazing hotel, family friendly, adult friendly, in fact one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. we would love to go back,anytime.

Room Tip: Rooms on High floors seem to be better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

2x female women, both from London.

After staying at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic for 11 nights, I must admit it was a bit of a mixed bag.
They "upgraded" our twin room with a pool view, to a junior suite with a double bed overlooking the road! We were not happy with this at all, as we were two single women traveling together.. After a lot of frustrating to-and-fro with management, we managed to swap our room to a junior suite with a pool view as there were no twin rooms left!

After we had come to terms with sleeping together for our entire holiday we faced continuous problems with our room keyS, that couldn't seem to last for longer than 1 use! But after being issued 5 cards from reception, and figuring out if you kept a card in a tobacco tin, it seemed to last.
The main buffet was absolutely disgusting, so I would recommend having breakfast and lunch in the palapa bar, which is much better! And trying to get reservations in the oriental restaurant, sky or palapa... The road would only suit you if your Russian!

The plus points...they give you beach towels, so don't bother taking one, the resort is beautiful and clean. The lobby was were we found ourselves most evenings, Hany Aziz, the bar manager makes the most beautiful cocktails, he was always there ready to greet you with a warm smile and crack a joke or two. Hany definitely made our holiday so much more enjoyable, and we want to go back just to get another one of his melon cocktails!! the seats are comfortable and the air is cooled! A particularly attentive, and wonderful waiter I have to mention is Adel. He always had a smile on his face, and he was very engaging in conversation -giving us hints and tips too. :)

Rashad Malek, was sensational. He manages the food restaurants and had to be the most hospitable and helpful man in Egypt! If you are lucky enough to make his acquaintance he will make your holiday 10x more enjoyable!!

A couple of tips, ask for weaker cocktails because they are soooooo strong! The wine selection is limited, red was the best (the others taste like poison). Avoid the main buffet unless your Russian, they do not cater to English tastes. I would not bother visiting the town centre, it's dirty, full of pervy men, and there is 0 culture! Senzo Mall was quite nice, go on the Dolphin Safari! That was absolutely incredible as you swim with wild dolphins! The food was also really good on that trip too :)

Would I go back...? Probably not, but we still had a wonderful holiday and got a pretty good suntan after discovering the adult pool!!! :)

• Stayed September 2014
Gillingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and my girlfriend came here 24th June for 10 days but after a 25 hour delay with Thomas Cook we just couldn't wait to be there. We arrived in Egypt at about 9:45pm and breezed through all security and baggage. Transfer from the airport is about 15/20 minutes, very quick. On arrival at the hotel at about 10:30pm they took our passports at reception and started allocating us all rooms immediately while we were offered a small buffet outside on the reception balcony, we wasn't hungry but had a little plate just to taste the food which as good.

By now we just wanted to put our cases in our room and just have a wonder around in the 30C heat. We went up to reception and they had allocated the rooms, an employee accompanied us to our room bringing our cases and when we got there he did not hang around and pester for a tip which was nice. Our room looked great, no problems at all, had a great view overlooking the main pool and looking down the reception balcony. Although we did have 2 single beds but we went to reception and was allocated a new room seconds away from the old one which must be a family room as it had a double bed and a single, with a massive balcony. This room was round the side of the hotel and over looked the slides, part of the lazy river and the dolphin pool (as it had a dolphin at the bottom in the tiles). We paid for the room wifi, think it was like 30€ for 7 days but it was great as all the pools are near rooms and if you sit close enough you still pick up wifi around the pool, especially the adult only pool as it was on the roof of a block of rooms.

The pools were brilliant, clean and cold! The lazy river tyre was always was great sometimes needed a paddle to keep yourself going but in the heat you needed a dip every now and again to cool down. We stayed around the pool with the island in the middle as the sun was there most of the day and was surprisingly quiet. Also occasionally had bar staff walking around taking orders and getting us drinks which was great as we just laid there. The slides were so much fun, life guards at the top and bottom keeping it safe and enforcing the rules for everyone, even for some of the Egyptians their who argued about keeping some bracelets on. There were blow up rings and double rings for people to use and yoga mats too which made you go faster! Was great and 100% safe.

The main restaurant was a buffet at breakfast lunch and dinner with specials being cooked to order. Usually omelettes and eggs of a breakfast sand it varied over lunch and dinner what else was cooked but there were always chips! Could not fault any of the food in the buffet, only thing was over a week it is the same food again but I'm a real fussy eater and i managed to eat loads every night. 2 nights we booked and ate in the al a carte restaurants which were lovely. The first we ate in was the Italian style one, we read on previous reviews that smart trousers were needed for these so I brought some and wore them but in there I saw many people in just shorts and tshirt. We had pizza which was nice, can't remember what we had for starter or dessert. The second al a carte we went to was the sky restaurant which was amazing, we had salad, steak and chips and I had a chocolate creme brûlée for dessert, she had ice cream. It was so nice we would have gladly eaten there every night!

During lunch, we often went to the beach bar as they had chips, burgers, fish, and pizza which was quiet quite too. As we went during the World Cup they did have games playing at the sky bar on a projector on to the wall so none was missed. The hotel also had a golf buggy which went to and from the beach as it was a 5/10 minute walk down a path alongside the sister hotel and in that heat it felt longer. At the beach there were sun beds and umbrellas free, along with pedlos and canoes but will only let you out when it is calm and not very windy. The pitch and putt course could be seen on your way to the beach, looked great, however it was too hot to play while we were there.

It was a great holiday, only a few down sides, entertainment ended pretty early about 10ish as rooms are near the stage, no food available after dinner has ended, there was food in the lobby bar throughout the night but was soon gone and was rarely labeled, usually soup of some sort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Steigenberger Aqua Magic? Share your experiences!