“TERRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi

You added Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi to your Saves list
Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 30, Safaga Hurghada Rd. Makadi Bay, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #101 of 178 Hotels in Hurghada
Bedzin, Poland
“TERRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

DON'T GO THERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY.

This hotel is not a 5* hotel, for sure it is overrated. I would give them 2* only. Food is not tasty at all, everything is dirty in a canteen. In addition if you want to eat you must look for cutlery on your own. Canteen is full of flies. People who work in a reception are incompetent and what is the most ridiculous they discriminated me. They are all boorish and lazy. That was my first time in Egypt and unfortunately the last one. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN HOTEL SHOPS! everything is 95% overpriced! You can buy all the souvenires at the airport 100 times cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reading, Berkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

First Impressions when we arrived were really good but things quickly started to go down hill...

Lets get the bad stuff out of the way first.
1. Rooms old and dated but quickly moved to better rooms.
2. Mice in restaurant and one of the rooms.
3. Food - AWFULL.... Cold or luke warm. Complained 3 times but made no difference, Food at the beach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! small chopped uncooked fried potatoes, steak (actually liver) stale rolls and tiny hot dogs or burgers, Plastic water fountain cups for drinks.
4. Facilities - most of the dine around restaurants closed. Main dining area the food was bland and very poor. Always luke warm or cold. Bar B Q cooked 2 hrs before serving not fresh.
lack of fruit, oranges looked like they had been there a while. Cold pancakes at breakfast not cooked fresh. You can have egg or toast and egg or omelette which are cooked fresh.
5. Pool freezing ad the astro turf to prevent slipping near the water flumes was ripped and held down with concrete blocks. very dangerous.
6. SPA - Disgusting, very dirty mould on shower curtains and walls. Glass doors to treatment rooms not frosted so you can see straight in. Jacuzzi is legionnaires waiting to happen.
7. Mosquitoes - really bad as areas not treated, 4 of our party of 6 were badly bitten.

GOOD BITS:)
Beach - stunning, and the snorkelling was fantastic. The dive crew were brilliant, I did 2 dives.
Boat trip to swim with dolphins was amazing, we swam with them twice :) :)
Staff . all lovely and eager to help.
Times are really tough at the moment in Egypt with most of the hotels 1/3 full, however they need to be careful that if the standards drop people wont return in the future.
I love Egypt and visited many times so I was so disappointed with this hotel. shame as it could be so good a real gem if they get their act together.
Please don`t let this put you off visiting Egypt as there are lots of other lovely places to stay. We will be returning in May (but to a different hotel).

Room Tip: rooms 725, 721 and 719 stunning views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

i spend el adha holiday this year 2013 at el nabila hurghada resort with all my family.and we spend a 4 wonderful days.i would like to thank everyone in the hotel for their lovely welcome.i found everything is clean our rooms,the beach,the restaurant. the resort is completely full and everyone there smile ,the animation team is really great we spend a fun day with the team. thanks for everyone work to make us happy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

To whom it may Concern :
I've visited the Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi recently from 13-17 October 2013 with my family, after the trip from Cairo to Al Nabila , I found a very hot welcome reception , all rooms were ready for us and we didn't get much more time to transfere our laguage to the rooms.
The services delivered to us were much more welcomed with nice smile and rapid response, also the rooms were very organized and the view was amazing .
We enjoined the very harmony beach with all activities on it.
I recommend to visit it and sooner I'll go their again.
Dr.Nader Adel

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter" •"Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Its time to relax ,
a nice calm place where you relax , nice beach , calm , quiite , decent staff , nice animation team , wake up have your breakfast , go to the beach relax and have fun with animation team and water sports , nice snakes are at the beach too take your lunch and its pool and aqua time have your dinner then its time for the nice night shows . finaly before bed lets refresh with the DJ and dance time ..
meals are nice in each you will find what you love meat/chicken/fish in all meals available , salads and deserts . drinks are avilable all the day and nice ice cream is available after lunch , a place to relax and enjoy

Room Tip: Rooms at the main building have a good sea view and garden view and they are calm and quite if you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

After I booked this hotel it all stared kicking off In Egypt, however the news reported is all old news. Please don’t let this put you off. I have been travelling to Egypt for about 10 years now and this is by the far the best location stayed at yet. I would recommend anyone to visit this hotel who loves Egypt and snorkelling/Diving. Al Nabila is approx 45 minutes from Hurghada and there is desert on one side and hotels on the other. It has the most amazing bay. We always book 5* as this usually means 3*. The reception area was beautifully decorated and all toilet areas spotless. The grounds did require some maintaining but this was being completed as the hotel was quiet due to the problems Egypt was experiencing. The location outweighed everything else. We would definitely return and would have extended our stay if my partner could have gotten more leave from his job.

Due to the issues Egypt was experiencing we understood why certain areas of the resort were closed. They simply did not have enough tourists to pay staff therefore had to close certain areas. However we never felt like we’d missed out. The staff were Brilliant and love the English tourists as we are happy and always polite. Manners cost nothing and go along way! We are worlds apart from the Russians. I think we actually hit lucky as there were only about 150 staying at the hotel. It was peaceful and yet we still completed many activities.

Wireless Internet was expensive and was around 50 Euros for the week. I think you should receive this free in 5* venues even if it is a restricted amount of time.

We had paid extra for a Sea View Bungalow but on arrival were located room 725 Apartment. The room was spotlessly clean with the most amazing view of the bay. Small blocks of about 6. However we queried the bungalow we had paid for and were advised that the room we had been located was actually superior to the bungalows, however we could view the bungalows and change if required. The bungalows were quite far away from reception area and after viewing them we decided to stay where we were. Apart from the huge bathroom/bath our room was superior to the bungalows! It was cleaned daily along with fresh Towels.

Once the main restaurant (Noah’s Ark) re-opened after refurbishment the food was plentiful. Salad station, the main area with rice, chicken, meat, fish and a pasta station which the chefs cooked to our spec. If you don’t ask you don’t get! We were chopping up meatballs and adding them to pasta along with chilli and it was lovely. It’s the small things!. Also a great cake station and fruit was always available. The manager informed us that as the Da renato Italian restaurant and La Dorada – Sea Food Restaurant were closed due to lack of tourist, if there was anything we would like being Italian or Seafood all we had to do was ask and the chef’s would prepare for us.

Mohammed (Jo) was our waiter in the restaurant. We quickly built up a great relationship with him and his brother (another waiter). Jo would not let us get our own drinks and laughed at us Brits for clearing up our own plates. He is a lovely boy who again was very friendly and funny. An asset to this hotel!

There were never any issues with the Cincinnati cocktail bar, Sharm El Arab Beach Bar or the Aurora bar. Again the staff were always friendly and filled our beer glasses to the top…..with no froth as we Brits do not like ice cream, we like beer with no head!

The resident DJ who was absolutely crazy, so funny was called ‘Fach-me’, (Spelled incorrectly). Ha-ha laughed for hours over that name and couldn’t help but shout his name at every opportunity. ‘Fach me’! Hehe! ;-)

The beach was amazingly clean and we could have had our pick of beds each day as there were no guests. The beach boys were polite and had fun which is nice to sea in Egypt. Usually they are confined to their stations but they had a good boss who allowed them to upskill on things like lifesaving and windsurfing and we even seen the towel man being taught to swim. They were a great bunch of young boys. Towels were provided either by the pool or on the beach.

We booked Quad biking in the hotel with Mustafa who is hilarious. This was for 2hours and worth the £20 spent. There was only myself and my partner went out at 4-6pm with Mustafa and he takes you to the most amazing spots in the desert. He took many amazing Photographs for us on our camera. My partner booked again so he could thrash the bike in the desert. Great fun and felt very safe.

We went on a great Dolphin Boat Trip with Amr from the Dive Centre. He is truly a wonderful person and friend. The trip was a last minute thing and my partner swam with the dolphins at a beautiful reef site. I am not the most confident with water but Amr guided me in the water and I held onto him for dear life whilst we snorkelled around the reef. I felt very at ease with him and trusted him 100%. Very good boat trip with good company.

My partner even tried Wind surfing and picked it up quite well. Again George and his staff were attentive and helpful.

Remember to leave tips for the staff. They earn very little and work very hard and are always smiling.

I have come home to England/Newcastle and my new phrase is ‘No problem, as you like’ as this was said so many times to us on our visit.

It was a lovely holiday and we will definitely remember it for the location, the friendly staff and the friends we made. We are hoping to return at Christmas.

We made time to speak to all the staff from the gardeners/cleaners/security staff to the managers. The night manager (Cheddy) was always pleasant when we seen him along with Sayed Salama (Manager) who smell’s amazing. My partner cheekily asked him if he could ask him a serious question and asked ‘What aftershave do you use, you smell lovely’ Haha, he laughed and luckily he was not offended and replied (Paco Rabane Millions!)

A Special thank you again to Amr, Jo and Mustafa for making our holiday that extra bit special.

Kerry and Phil (Newcastle/England)

Room Tip: 725 had the best views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been to at least 40 other hotels around Egypt both 4 and 5 stars. Among those Al Nabila is by far THE WORST in quality of service, food and cleanliness of rooms. The food is not just tastless, it is many times rotten and recycled. I went with my family and all meals, we'd go round and round the open buffet looking for something to eat with no success. Many nights we dined on sliced cucumber and bread, which was mostly stale by the way. We used to dread going to the restaurant, yet we were very hungry after spending the day on the beach, so had to go anyway. Although the beach is spectacular, we were looking forward to going home because of the food. Again it is not a matter of being fussy about your food, it is about starving in this place. You do not want to starve on your vacation. We complained several times to the staff and the only improvement they did was offer us watermelon among the after dinner desserts. Before complaining they served rotten dates and poor quality oranges (the poorest I've seen in Egypt, and I really have no idea where they could get those horrible oranges and dates in the land of Palm trees and oranges!!!!!) Other than that, they had several colorful attractive looking different shaped cakes, that all tasted the same: BLAND!!! Don't know why the chef even bothers to bake a variety, it would have been the same had he put a bag of flour and some sugar on the buffet. Very disappointed!!! The worst I've seen all over Egypt, not just Hurghada.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi? Share your experiences!