“animation team is the best” 4 of 5 stars

Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Safaga Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #20 of 182 hotels in Hurghada
Lviv, Ukraine
“animation team is the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

the most what we liked in that hotel is animation team. of course other services were very good too, but after your holiday you won't remind how tasty food was there or how clean were rooms :) it's very important when you are there...and have to say - it was on high level :) very friendly and always ready to help staff. thank you)
but we already miss so much those wonderful dancers!! can't imagine how boring would have been our holidays without them! they love their work and know how to do it! sure that others hotels haven't so good animation team ;) good luck guys in your future shows. thank you that made our holidays :D

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Yaryna_ua

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and specially our animation team , we hope we can host you soon at our resort

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I find it difficult to understand the recent negative reviews about this hotel. We stayed at this hotel late Oct/early November 2013. It was a last minute deal and was chosen due to the location on the beach. I found the hotel to be more than satisfactory and we had a lovely stay. I do appreciate that the facilities are not to the standard of an European 5 star hotel,( regular travellers will know and not have such high expectations) but having said that, it was very clean, the pool was immaculate, food was lovely and varied, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel entrance is not the most glamorous but this may be due to security restrictions, once inside the entrance the lobby and reception area are spacious and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are beautifully maintained with the gardens constantly attended. The hotel covers a large area and the walk to the beach can be 5 minutes, but it is a leisurely stroll past the swimming pool and around the lake and is very pleasant. The beach is gorgeous with 2 walkways built out into the sea. You, like me can take your snorkel, mask and flippers, but if you can't swim you can just climb down the steps and peep under the water into a world of coral and coloured fish. The swimming was the highlight of our stay, if you wanted to join in there were regular events organised but I only took part in the morning exercise programme which was good. Others played beach volleyball etc but we were too busy laying on our comfortable sun beds! The hotel has several eating areas, as well as the usual all inclusive buffet self service there is a Chinese, Italian and Russian a la carte restaurant as well as a serve yourself Egyptian restaurant by the pool. To our surprise the Russian restaurant was our absolute favourite for evening dining. There is a lovely beach side restaurant where for a small cost you can dine on beautiful sea food, perfect for lunch. I would definitely go again and if you go I hope you have a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms are set in different locations, we had a garden room, which is a block farthest from the beach...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Marinegirl2013

Thank you for this detailed review , it was great having you at our resort and we hope to host you soon again
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed in Sonesta Pharaoh in late October. Frustrating experience. One of the main elements that have a decisive influence on a trip overall satisfaction is hotel management and staff attitude, and this is where Sonesta Pharaoh falls severely short. I noticed that staff in general were selected from low educational sectors, they openly use foul offensive language among each others and among guests, gullibly thinking that since most of the guests are foreigners they won't comprehend Arabic foul language! Pity, some of the guests were Egyptians and had to hear such offensive words. As for the Animation team, it was virtually nonexistent.

In the few times I had to deal with staff, I was faced by sheer carelessness from their side. For example, several times I faced problems with the room card; most of them are of low quality material and didn't work, had to change them a few times. Every time I had to go to the reception I encountered a totally careless look. That was not the only example, almost in all occasions I had to deal with staff or management personnel, I noticed obvious indifference and disinterest. They do not appreciate the nuisance such problems can cause and how it can negatively affect the vacation quality, specially when it is a good 15 minute walk from your room to the reception.

Even when I downgraded my stay from all inclusive to half board, due to the horrible food quality, management didn't even care to ask why, probably they were too busy with things that are more important than customer satisfaction!

The buffet was no more than a 2-star level. I've paid a 5-star fee and expected a 5-star service, however, the food was of extremely poor quality and there wasn't much variety. Even the beer at the beach bar tasted funny, probably mixed with water! Eventually I gave up on the hotel buffet and went to restaurants down Sheraton road for better food.

Even the beach was mediocre at best. Rocky sand and limited places for snorkeling. I had to spend most of my time away from the hotel to make this trip more enjoyable. If you want to pull the plug off from your daily routine and have an enjoyable vacation, believe the bad reviews and avoid this terrible place at all costs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Gandulf8

First of all we would like to thank you very much for your time and your kind valued comments regarding your stay at the Sonesta pharaoh Hurghada, please accept our apology for having a bad experience
Once more we assure you that your bad experience is far away from the Sonesta Pharaoh Standard of hospitality, the hotel staff and management aim is to satisfy all his guests’ needs and you can see the positive feed backs from the guests thanking our staff for their great attitude .Regarding the food service the hotel is under a regular check by the most respectful food quality & hygiene company, we also have 5 restaurants to satisfy any fussy eater . Again we apologies for any inconvenience and we hope you can give us the chance to host you in the future for a better experience
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

first of all i was shocked when i arrievd to the hoel . the building was old. it was not a 5 stars entrance at all. the main resturant was in the lobby i find it not pleasent as you can smell the food when you are entering in the meal time.
the food in break fast is contenantal but when you rank it it is 3 stars serve as there is noting from sussages and there is no fresh juice .the cheese choice is limeted. the launch and dinner is worse as there is not fresh meet or fish as it is red sea and you expected to have some of it!!!.the room is nice and the view was ok but when you rank it it is 4 stars room, the safe is with key not digitalized. the beach is so far from the hotel, and the cart shuttle is one serving 200 guests .

Dear Mr. Yasser
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and please accept our apology for having such as bad experience, at the mean time all your comments will be taken into consideration for future prospects and hotel’s services improvement, such as valued comments puts all customers’ services providers back to the correct directions. Please accept our invitation for a 03 nights stay for 2 persons in a double room on Soft All Inclusive package at Sonesta Pharaoh Hurghada valid any time till next October 2014, not including holidays, Eids, or Xmas , New year & Easter.
Once more looking forward to welcome you back at Sonesta Pharaoh Hurghada.
Alexandria, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

First, the food is very very bad Not worthy of the level of a five-star hotel & not fresh juices .
second,Hotel services worse than any hotel has been visited .
third, the sea is so far from the hotel and there were no cars to move inside the hotel.
the staff is unfriendly with local Egyptians it was an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: rooms with pool view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear khelliioo

Thank you for writing this review , I am sorry for your bad experience , be sure i will report your complaint to the management now in order to take the proper decision
Alexandria, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I think that this resort doesn't deserve its 5-star rating !
the food quality is bad
the location is too far from city center
the rooms are not so clean
the beach is 10 minute walk and is not beautiful
the staff is unfriendly with local Egyptians

it was an unpleasant experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear mrdado63

Your opinion is very important to us , and be sure that we value every comment from our guests as this is how we know our weakness and work on improving our selves , your complaint will be passed on to the responsible person and they will take the proper action . Thank you
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Hotel is average in almost everything but I gave it poor review because I experienced discrimination & racism incidents. I booked my trip through my travel agent & wrote in the Nationality: Egyptian. For some reason my travel agent messed up and send the reservation to the hotel as if I am English. On my check in day, the guy in the reception office was very nice & helpful that he checked me in in less than 15 minutes. On the next day, the reception office wanted to see me. A manager wanted to see my English passport. When I told him that my travel agent messed up & that I am Egyptian, HE TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY BECAUSE I AM EGYPTIAN ; typical discrimination & racism. Anyway I refused to pay & I didn't pay extra money.
I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at this hotel otherwise he will be supporting discrimination & racism.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Ahmed Adel

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review .Sorry for being late in responding to your review but I had to investigate with the hotel first and here is what I got:
Basically, there was some kind of misunderstanding of being Egyptian or Foreigner with your travel agency. We did investigate your comments in details . Your Travel Agency (NTS) contacted the hotel to reserve your room from 11 – 14/10/2013 for a British guest Mr. Ahmed Adel . Upon arrival and check in room 446 you presented an Egyptian ID not a British passport so we had to change the rate into Egyptian rate and after contacting the travel agency they sent an email mentioning that the guest should pay the difference as the Foreigner group rate apply only for groups not individual Egyptians according to the contract between the hotel and the travel agency , so there was no discrimination at all , just a small misunderstanding . Be sure we do value each guest no matter of his nationality , we hope this cleared the situation and we hope to welcome you back soon at our resort

Been to Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!