“Nice vacation - Value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Safaga Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #19 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice vacation - Value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just back after spending 4 nights with my family (15/9-19/9/13) . It was planned to be 3 and i added one more night as i loved the place.
I had a good rate that was very competitive if compared to similar 5 stars hotels.
The hotel has a huge landscape which i loved a lot .
The lobby was just fine . The pools are huge with clear water and a smart idea of having a small shallow strip around it for babies .
On your way to the beach you pass through the bungalows area with the huge lake , trees and palms that gives you the impression of the country side .
The beach is perfect with volley beach and small football court and an amazing jetty .
I guess the room needs more decoration to be a 5 stars one yet it was VERY clean and fully equipped even with water boiler , tea , Nescafe , .... . My picky wife was just happy and , for me , it was an added value :)
The food was just the main weak point there . Though i found it tasty and adequate in quantity as i was on an All-Inclusive system , the repetition of food with no alternatives was so boring . Definitely , it is not a 5 stars buffet BUT i overcame this problem by booking in two of the four a la cart restaurants they have so it was a kind of change. I do recommend the oriental and the Italian restaurants . Didn't try the other two (Chinese , Russian)
Didn't face any problems with water . They put two (1.5 Liters) bottles every day for a double room to use during your staying at your room and you find water everywhere for free while you are outside . I guess it is fair enough and very adequate .
After all , I spent a very good holiday with my family there and I do recommend this place especially if you gonna have a competitive rate and sure i will be there again if i have the chance .

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the second floor so you can have the view of the pool and the sea together . Mine...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Usama2013

We are happy you spend a good time with us and enjoyed your stay and we hope we can host you soon at our resort for a second visit

812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was encouraged to go to this hotel because its a five star hotel ,,, but i was shocked, from the first step to the lobby i expected the rest,,, the interior design of the lobby was so cheap and poor,, the restaurant was horrible,,, the room wasn't bad like the lobby but not for a five star hotel ,,, the pool was ok but not so clean ,,, the beach was good due to the presence of fishes through our walk on the jetty ,,, but the main disaster was the food ,,, i received the bad experience by the bad smell of the food that spread along the reception ,,, oh my god just remembering it will make me vomit ,,, chicken bone pieces with no dimensions and no taste ,,, i only ate fresh vegetables and bread. When we left the hotel my husband sent to the main office of sonesta our complains and how bad the hotel was, they apologized and sent to us three free nights as a gift ,,, but i totally refused as i don't want to repeat this horrible experience at all.

• Stayed May 2013
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear dalia_designer,

I am sorry for this experience and thank you for taking the time to write this review even if it has some negative points , we do apologize as well and from our side we will forward all your comments about the food and the lobby area to the management
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was my first time for me to visit this hotel in Hurghada. Have been to many hotels before. I enjoyed everything in the hotel & I am thinking to go again for my next holiday .
It Was a really good experience ,very nice hotel, Good hospitality , good animation team, Beautiful gardens & Friendly stuff, Good Swimming pool Too.
Very good for family , specially the kids will love it .

About Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) everything was good & drinks are excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ramc0

Thank you for your great review , hope to see you on your second visit to Hurghada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

All i want to say is, THE ANIMATION TEAM are the best : karim,ahmed,sena,sheeko,esam. They are so good i like there treatness to people and how they offer us stuf to do , they are so good . I loved them. Esam is really good he makes everyone laugh for nothing xD but i love him, though sena so flexible too, no one is like him he does weired stuff , and he has a great smile , but also adore him :* karim is just so flexible, and garee2 awii ,but i still Adore him hahahah he is good in everything but except DG , ahmed is the master he does everything in his own way but he is really good i adore u tooxD , SHEEKO is the bestt i loved him from the first day i saw him, he comments on every word the people say and just makes us laugh though he is a good prestenter,DG . I ADORE THE ANIMATION TEAM <33 i could everytime i come just for the animation team cause they are soo COOL !
ThankYou A.T <33

Dear Ayooosh

Thank you for your review , we are happy you liked the resort and specially the animation team , it is our pleasure that they contributed in making your vacation a great one . We hope to see you soon at our resort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was a first time for me to visit hurghada . one of my friend recommend this hotel for me . I enjoyed everything in the hotel & I am thinking to go again for my next holiday . It Was a really good experience , it is very nice hotel . Really good hospitality , have got a really good animation team .Friendly stuff . Swimming pools very clean . It is safe to be there . Very good for family , specially the kids will love it .

Liberec, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were 12 days of the month (August 2013). Our room was very nice (456), beautiful gardens and everything else great. The staff was polite, friendly, helpful .
Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was excellent and drinks are also excellent.
The pool and the sea was no problem with place.
Animators are friendly, kind and Karim is the best .. :-) Karim me a lot missing. :-** Evening events for kids were fine, because it was fun and 22.00 were good shows in which we participated.
We were to at Sonesta satisfied? Yes.
We are to come back to the same place.

Bara and Elizabeth from Czech Republic.

Room Tip: Our room 456, was great, nice and good location. Nice view from the balcony. Is there peace. Recomme...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Barbora F

Thank you for your lovely comments on our hotel , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and you liked the hotel , waiting for you to come back again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

it was a very good vaction with the best animation team ever they are so friendly and i loved the night shows i loved the pool also and the beach and they have alot of activites and the rooms are clean i hope i can see you again,I recommend this hotel for everyone

Dear karim911

Thank you for recommending our resort to other readers , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon again in our resort

Been to Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!