“great holiday!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Cracow, Malopolskie, Poland
“great holiday!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

it was a great holiday, I spent nice time there with my friends.very nice people, especially a group of leaders who not for a moment did not let us get bored :) if holiday in Hurghada it is only at the Sonesta Phaorah Beach Resort :)))) recommend

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was there in may 2009
I have reserved for 5 days but when I have arrived this hotel, I have done check in & I have taken just 50 minutes to do the check out , it was a horrible hotel .
The room of honeymooners was extremely bad .
I have left my luggage in the entrance out of the hotel gate ,they told me your luggage will follow you directly to your room but I have surprised that I have got my luggage after 1 hour when I have left the hotel to another one but for frankly speaking the lugguage were there in the same location infront the entrance gate out of the hotel in the same location no more .
The lobby is so crowded by furniture , no body has done the orientation or guidance for us to go to our so far room .
I don't recommend this hotel absolutely .
Don't be trapped by the room price .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Ahmed E,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your accommodation at our resort and thank you for taking the time to write this review , be sure we take every complain seriously as this is how we improve our service . Again sorry for any inconvenience
Bucharest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent one week in this hotel and chose it mainly because of the good price. But we understood why they had better rates than other hotels, as soon as we arrived. We were charmed with the capacity of the staff to make you feel as if you really chose the worst option. In the reception we were asked from the begining to "leave a present in the passport" in order to get a certain bungalow, even though the resort was half empty. The staff from the hotel's bar was rather rude.
Very nice garden, but except for that, the hotel is truly a 3*, not even close to 5: room furniture is old, cleaning service is poor (didn't change the towels every day, but enchanted us with elephants made of dirty towels)
At the beginning of our stay, we wanted to make reservations for the a la carte restaurants - they told us that they're all closed and only the Chinese will open one day before we leave.. so we booked that one. All this time we ate in the hotel's cantine, that's what it felt like - poor meals, bad service - I couldn't touch the green salad, it was not washed, having soil on it...
Our surprise was when we finally had the privilege to eat in the Chinese restaurant - that's when we found out that all the restaurants have been open all week long ... :)
Animation is mainly for Russian tourists, as if others don't even count
The outside pool was very very cold in November, while the heated pool was not heated at all, I never saw anybody going there
The shopping center inside the resort is very poor - the one across the street was our option
The beach is nice, on the other hand, and the water is clear and full of colourfull fishes.
So my advice to you is: pay a little extra and find a real hotel for your vacation. It will worth it!

Room Tip: beach bungalows
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lari842,

Please accept our apology for not having a good time at our resort and be positive that all your complains will reach the concerned person in order to upgrade our service .

Thank you for taking the time to write this review
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spend one week holiday on Hurghada. I visiting on sonesta beach many times, cos we rent a flat far away from the beach. So we found Sonesta!! Food was delicius and service on lobby bar and on the beach is something what i cant find on Finland. About see and beach: I dive so i can say that try it on new center, or go snorkeling and fresh youre mind on beatiful house reef. You can find beatiful corals and all kind of fish and colours under the water ! Hotel have also two animation teams, who moves youre body many kind of ways :) Dancing, aqua aerobic, yoga, shooting ! So you dont have to just lay at the beach. For familys: Animation team have also activity club to kids,while youre kids are playing with professional kid leaders you can enjoy youre time on the beach :) Beach is very safetly, not too deep and sand is so soft. I can swear that this hotel is best choice if you go to Hurghada. I wanna say that: Enjoy youre holiday and don't stress :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear heidi_aaltonen,

Thank you for your review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay at our resort , and the food and entertainment were up to your expectations . Hope to have you as a regular guest at our resort
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was in Sonesta with my family. I had a great time, all the people who work there are so nice! And the animation team awesome. I like Sheeko, Essam, Karim and Ahmed so much, they are the best entertainers! Every day you can go so much activities.
This hotel has everything you need and is very clean. The pool is very nice and also the beach. you can snorkel and dive.
Every night there is a nice show to watch. Sonesta also has some nice reataurants were you can eat very good.

I will go back for sure to sonesta! It's the best!

Room Tip: A room with the vieuw on the pool is very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michella426,

Thank you for your review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay at our resort and hope to see you soon again
PARIS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After one week on that hotel. I really regret my stay there. Bad management, Poor meals and rooms are badly maintained. Animations are all the time for Russian people. It seems that your are in Russia not in Egypt. I sincerely advice you to avoid that 3 hotel Stars at anyway.

European Tourists

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Ronald B

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort , I will make sure to pass your comments to the management because it is through your comments that we get better and upgrade our services . Thank you for taking the time to write this review
New Egypt, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

it is very big ,Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, stretching across the sands of the Red Sea with a distinguished blend of modern and Pharaonic architecture.

The resort's 360 unique guest rooms, family rooms, suites and bungalows each feature a private balcony or patio. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, one outdoor pool, one indoor heated pool and one children's swimming pool for relaxing laps in the sun.
the hotel is very clean
staff is so friendly that you can feel your self home , they speak many languages especially english and the huose keeping is nice they clean the room every day
Thanks for mr hussein and all the team of the hotel

Room Tip: see view rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!