“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
New Germany, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I were very happy with this hotel. Everything was perfect. As it goes around, it echoes back. Everyone was very friendly and nice. The facility is a bit dated, but is restored everywhere. Hopefully this will get the charm of this hotel ...
The entire hotel staff is very accommodating and friendly, especially a Mr. Hussein., who tries to make it fair to everyone. This time the air conditioning system fails, or a wine is not available, this should not overestimate it, and it is not the fault of the individual employees.
Respect we mostly because at the time of Ramadan. Not eat or drink from sunrise to sunset. And at temperatures of around 40 °. And the entire team must always stand their ground and work while smiling. Because we should even take a sample off.
Who bothers about it, which is in Arab countries misplaced.
And one you have to keep in mind: we do not spend our vacation in Germany or Europe.
Meanwhile, you have to be aware of.
We will visit this hotel again at any rate, we are thrilled.
In this way we want to thank you for the warmth and friendliness of all the staff.

Room Tip: Excellent Hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

803 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Myself and my wife have just come back from Hurghada (28th August) and we stayed in this wonderful resort.
I am not sure how or why anyone could write a bad review about Sonesta Pharoah Beach as I would recommend it to anyone.
The staff were absolutely incredible and treated us like VIP's throughout the whole stay.
The restaurants were perfect and the food was fantastic. Our room was lovely and I have to say I have never seen a resort so clean in my life!!
We even got special treatment in the restaurants as it was our honeymoon including beautiful flowers on our table, special drinks and on the first night a cake which was presented in the Chinese restaurant by the outstanding staff.
The Hotel is situated perfectly in Hurghada with a nice beach and the hotel facilities were amazing!!
I think the staff are so friendly considering the way that they are treated by certain nationalities who were guests. It doesn't take much to say please and thank you and I think these nationalities really need to learn some manners!!
The management at the resort were also superb and made our Honeymoon an extremely memorable one.

Lee and Olivia (UK)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
luxor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for 7 days 19th to 27th august.,which co-incided with Eid.(This for non-muslims information is the celebration of the end of Ramadan,which is a month of fasting to remember and emphathise with the poor and underprivileged people of the world. Remember this when you read the rest of mt review!)
Firstly, the Hotel is very nice. The room was spotless and kept that way by a very hard working housekeeping boy. the siting of the hotel, with it's own beach was beautiful. Pools were clean and well maintained with plenty of sun beds and nice towels.Good kiddies pools with little canals to paddle in.Staff very professional and hardworking,if a little understaffed. There could have been a better management of organising under utilized staff to assist those areas which required more manpower, eg- Bar, just one man dealing with huge queues at peak times.
Tea making facilities much appreiciated in rooms, with good stock of tea/coffee, nice touch!
Food very good. Choice of other resturants to try, Chinese, Italian, Oriental and fresh sefood
Now I am afraid comes the Bad Bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Egyptian, and my wife is English. We come to Hurghada at Least 2 or 3 times a year from Luxor. This was the first time we had come during Eid. And i have to say M y fellow Egyptians made me hang my head in Shame! They made the Russians looks like the most polite people in the world, and that takes some doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the resturants I can only compare them to animals feeding at the trough. Most tables were groaning with the weight of food taken from the buffet. At least 20 bread rolls at a time, at least half a cow, or turkey for each diner, enough desserts to feed a small army, plates stacked up higher than the person facing them, Childen with plates of food graeter than their body weight................................... and then they leave nearly all of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. How disgusting this was! when I think of the poverty and hunger in our country at this present time this was Obscene!.My wife was so appalled at every meal, and even asked the manager whether this food, rather than being thrown away, could be distributed to the needy of the town, and was told, not this companies policy! So much for these people partaking of Ramadan, Why did they feel they could behave like animals in the resturants?
Next their general behavior was uncivilised, their Children are not disiplined, and were running around shouting and getting under people, feet with hot food being carried around, and never taken to task by their parents. Food was taken out the resurants and consumed everywhere in the hotel, including the pool (one woman was sitting in pool with huge plate of danish pastries and a bowl of nuts, spitting tbhe shells into the water! When I asked resturant manager why all the dining room rules were not enforced, we were told they are obeyed by all......apart from the Egyptians!!!!!!!. And here we come to the heart of it. They feel that as they have paid for all inclusive, they will get everything they can, regardless of want, or need, and rules don't apply to them.they do want they want...because they can!
I am for women enjoying a swim with their families, and dont feel our religion should preclude the ladies, BUT, if Muslim ladies are to swim, proper swimming attire should be worn in pools! At least 6 people we knw of came out with pins from Hijabs stuck in their feet and legs!!!!!!!!!!There was a woman sat in brand new jeans with her legs in pool, great, we could see the denim colour leaking out iknto the water! As i said there are appropriate moslem swimwear
Another incident was being spoken with horror by other guests where an Egyptian man in resturant unleased an unprovoked attack on a waiter and physically attacked him! This man was not asked to leave the hotel!!! No guest has to right to do this, if he was unhappy, he should have spoken the general Manager!.
The Animation were hard working and enthusiastic, but I felt they were only targeting the young, sexy looking girls to participate in activities and things that I wanted to join in, I had to pysically get myself onto that activity instead of being gernerally invited!. The shows were great, dancers very talented and great gusto shown by team, however, I felt the Miss Sonesta show was very seedy, with the girls having to perform lap dances etc, in front of children! not family friendly!!!!
Anyway, I conducted my self as a civised Egyptian(wife would kill me if I did't) And I hope I showed the staff and other guests that we can be normal guests!
Just don't choose Eid for your hard earned break if you want to enjoy the company of pleasant fellow holidaymakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tackle these problems with the Egyptian guests, and the Sonesta will be on our Book again List!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed there 15 July - 20 July, It was a great experience, staff attitude was great, food was of a high quality, the only downfall was that drinking water was not free.
Gym was free which is a nbig plus compared to other resorts, but may be there is a room of improvement toi the sporty facility but again it was all free so cant really complain.
Room servicew was great, the room was cleaned effecintly on daily basis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
badramani, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear RafTheDentist,

Thank you for your review and for recommending our hotel to other guests , it is our pleasure you spent a great time and hope to host you again soon
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Worst Hurghada hotels where restaurants eating extremely bad and their restaurants extremely rude in dealing not entitled to one that deals with a cell that way
I have spent Eid al-Fitr holiday at this hotel was the worst vacation I spent in my life which made ​​me swear and because of this hotel that I will not be visiting the city of Hurghada as long as I live
As my mother asked room service worker cover BATH Rose was that each one cover room and he could not give us any other cover ultimate lack of experience in dealing with inmates

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shaza F, Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Memo975,

Greetings from Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort- Hurghada

First we would like to thank you for choosing our resort to spend your recent holiday in Hurghada, and for taking time to write this review on Trip TripAdvisor.
We would like to present our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have encountered during your stay with us, please rest assured that all your comments have been taken with great concern and all efforts will be made to correct any deficiency.

We hope that you would give us another chance and visit our resort again to show real difference and enhancement.

Sincerely yours,

The Management
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Very large hotel but they need to invest more in the renovation of it . The aircondition was too bad , always there is a shortage in cups and plates during dinner . Pool is very good and the beach is too large but unfortnelly there were tide

• Stayed August 2012
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just came back from our vacation. Impression about the hotel is good. Hotel is clean, overall atmosphere is fantastic.
We got a nice and cozy room very well located. Cleaning and service were excellent. Staff are very polite and helpfull.
We enjoyed the beach so much, it's huge and very beautiful.
The only one thing which was annoying us is a problem with electricity, but seems like it isn't fault of the hotel. Then we are happy with everything and definitely will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Karina545,

Thank you for this lovely review , it is our pleasure you enjoyed your stay with us , we know the electricity issue is really annoying but unfortunately it is from Hurghada Station not the hotel and all resorts in Hurghada are apologizing to their guests for this inconvenience. Again thank you and hope you become a regular guest at our resort

Been to Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!