“More than expected” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   El Golf Downtown, El Gouna 84513, Egypt   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in El Gouna
“More than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been there during Eid vacation and it was fully booked and we loved every single detail there me, my wife, and our daughter , we loved that hotel but i prefer Steigenberger Aldau in Hurghada because it is bigger ang has more facilities, pool is 10 times larger, food variety is better, room view is better, there was a daily show in the dinner in (Aldau) so my comparison was not fair for (Golf) but for Elgouna Steigenberger Golf Resort is one of the best hotels.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the 1st time to visit El Gouna, I was informed that the rates are low because of the political situation in Egypt... I took a great offer from the Steigenberger Hotel and I simply had the best time of my life.
I wanted so badly to go diving and this trip was just that.

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the beautiful Lagoon... i would personally recommend that you get the top l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed there for a short vacation just before the Feast and it was full already, i booked through the internet a standard double room and i was given a fine clean big room but i didnt like that they didnt upgrade those old rooms with LCD TVs, i was surprised with a 5 stars hotel to fins an old TV. i liked the room highlighting the price and the overall experience, but i didnt like the room service as at my first night i left for the beach and came and i found the towels unchanged! and i had to call the room service and the reception called me after to make sure that everything is alright. the good thing about the hotel that you can stay there with no need to go outside to downtown.
i would recommend this hotel with its quality and its good price

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the hotel the 1st week of October, great weather, staff at the hotel were more than helpful. Lots of credit goes to the chef we had one of the best catering and food experience in hotels around Hurghada.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The experience there is so relaxing. U can go dip into the lake, pool or the private beach. The private beach is not good for swimming but perfect for kite surfing. The food is excellent. Reception is so helpful at reservations for activities and getting a limo to pick u up

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is very nice, rooms were great, lagoon is nice, swimming pool is very small compared to number of rooms. To go to their beach on the open sea, you have to take a 10 - 15 minutes ride it is called Mangrove beach and it is rocky and very windy, great for kite surfing but not to swim. all restaurants were closed except main one and rotisserie food served in a corner in the main restaurant with reservation. The main was OK during week days, no where to sit and very noisy during the weekend. One night we reserved rotisserie food and after we finished we went out for food because it was not good. Another night our son was hurt and I asked the reception if there is a doctor in the hotel, they said no because the hospital is very close, they did not even ask why am I asking, luckily we had a car and were able to drive to the hospital in about 20 minutes or so. I booked non smoking rooms which was fine during weekdays, but when the weekend came and the hotel became crowded, I do not know if the rooms next door were smoking or not but cigarette smoke travelled to our room some how -maybe through air conditioning- so our last night there was not good. And the crowds continued arriving in big buses so we ended up leaving one day earlier than planned.
When we first arrived I thought "that is it", I do not have to look any more and all vacations we'll come here, eventually we changed our minds.

Room Tip: Try to go during weekdays not weekends unless the hotel is not very crowded. if you are a non smoker...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Actually I believe that it's my mistake deciding a change and leaving the best hotel in Gouna Movenpick and coming here ...

This place is a total mess , I can't believe that this is a 5 star hotel .
Service : is miserable from the front desk to every and each one in the place,,, booking was done for a scenic view I got a sand view of the garden , another request was made after a lot of fights and arguments with Remon that is supposed to be Assistant Front desk manager that I believe was telling us indirectly that we are liars as no requests was made for such view or rooms near each other ..... After that when we agreed to get us another room we stayed for over an hour waiting for their majesty's to make a move which they did after an hour and half when we decided that we won't move because we were fed up ....

Rooms : That were supposed to be innovated and enhanced its nothing than maybe a 4 stars hotel , in addition that first time in my life I find an empty mini bar in the rooms ! Water sinks , where the water doesn't flood but the sink stays filled with water when using the bathrooms .... They have ordinary keys not cards .. We are in 2013 entering 2014 ! It's something silly but I mean come on !

Food : I'm talking about breakfast ... Simply no variety , tastes bad , bread isn't fresh I'm sure they are using what is left from the day before ... Total mess

Housekeeping : I've never ever seen housekeeping starting to clean the rooms at 4 pm ! So where am I supposed to stay when I am back from the beach ?! In the lobby !!!!!

Beach : simply 15 to 20 mins driving from the hotel ! And it's bad ....

For me this place is a disgrace and I'm writing an official complain to Stiengenberger corporation because this is a respectful hotel all over the world and what's happening in Gouna is nothing related to the hotel reputation .

..NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOUR COMING TO GOUNA ESPECIALLY ITS EXPENSIVE

Room Tip: Don't even come here !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Steigenberger Golf Resort? Share your experiences!