“Marvelous landscapes ... Relaxation seekers target !!” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Red Sea, El Gouna, Egypt   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in El Gouna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Marvelous landscapes ... Relaxation seekers target !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Before you try planning your vacation , you have to decide your targets .. And what you exactly need in your hotel ... Here in Egypt we have a traditional belief for so many years, that if someone searching a luxury hotel brand , either Hilton or Sheraton would be the perfect choice.

This holiday Sheraton Miramar resort was my choice as I am always searching luxury hotels in my trips, so I tried the Egyptian way
From the first moment I entered the lobby I felt that may be the egyptian old beliefs have to be changed, the lobby decorations was chic and colors was good and relaxing,yet the expected luxury became a mirage :))

Check in: the process was fine and smooth, staff were cooperative and polite.

Room: took the classic room with lagoon view, the decorations and furniture are simple and the terrace view is beautiful , yet the luxury dream was once again a mirage !!

F&B: I pay the all inclusive supplement Expecting the sheraton high standards for food and beverages but I was wrong again ..The buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide variation yet the dinner buffet was average with poor variation and a far sheraton food quality ... The food for lunch at the Italian restaurant and the beach bar was good (better at beach bar)
The staff members at the hotel are polite and helpful.

Landscapes :I loved the hotel pictures on the net because of the marvelous natural views ... I was right this time .. The resort has a very fascinating views of colorful flowers and landscapes of the lagoon, beach and bridges connecting the 9islands of the resort .. I really loved it !!!

Spa : Fine yet no jacuzzi !!

Overall experience and recommendations: this resort is ideal for families and honeymooners ... Don't expect luxury of the sheraton brand coz it became a history now specially in Egypt yet this resort is the best sheraton and one of the most beautiful resorts in Egypt .. This very large resort has only 2 swimming pools; one large heated and another small cold one ... I really wondered how such a large resort has just 2 swimming pools only ??!!!!.. If you have children take a pool view room close to main pool coz beach view rooms I a little bit far !!

If you just want a nice vacation with your family in a nice place you can try Sheraton Miramar !!

Stayed February 2014
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Dr-Bassim,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. Ia feel great with this very detailed review and thanks for it. This means that you tried the resort inside out. Please rest assured that we are working on the areas of improvement highlighted in the review.

Once again thanks for the details and hope to see you soon in the near future.

Islam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We returned a year later to find the Sheraton just as lovely as last year. Beautiful gardens, wonderful helpful staff, lovely room and delicious breakfasts! On our arrival we were greeted as long lost friends and had a fabulous upgrade to a room with the most beautiful views over the beach and canals.
We ate really well inthe marina and downtown and loved our trips in the tuc tucs or local bus.
The hotel was very quiet as people seem to be worried about safety in Egypt . We felt completely safe the whole week and only felt nervous on our return to Gatwick where we were greeted by 15 machine gun armed police at 9 am!
Ehab and his colleagues on reception were so helpful. We cannot thank them enough for all they helped us with. Our return to the airport was so efficient and they all helped with restaurant bookings etc. Amazing value you would struggle to beat it.We can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan_jane5559,

Many thanks for the review. Thsi is your 2nd visit after a year and we hope to see you soon again for the 3rd time in our resort. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stays with us and tried all our services and the destination.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I have stayed here with my family during the Xmas & New Year.
The service is excellent & the staff quite friendly & professional.
Thank you for making my 1st visit to El Gouna a memorable one.
Ambassador
Youssef Zada

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear ymzada,

Thank you very much for your feedback and review. It is great to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with the family. Hope to see you for the 2nd time and to become a repeated guest.

See you soon
alexandria,egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family and I visited one week ago Sheraton Miramar El Gouna .It was the 4th visit to this hotel during the last 5 years .It is a real 5 stars hotel where you can find every thing perfect with no mistakes. Starting from the hospitality of front desk to the excellent room service to the over 5 stars buffet you will really enjoy the place.My advice is to take a sea view room in building number 2 series 2202 up to 2214 which have a lovely scenery and the beach is below your balcony. Every one working in this hotel has a smile on his face so you will be obliged to smile Do not miss this place.
Dr. Fouad Yassa

Room Tip: Take a sea view room at building 2 series 2000. If you go during winter take your swimming suit bec...
Dear Mr. Yassa,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always great to have you as a our repeated guest. it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your 4th stay with us and looking forward for the 5th one.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family and I first visited Sheraton Miramar in 2007 and since then it has been our perfect place for vacation. The hotel is situated directly on the red sea and surrounded by lagoons. Being surrounded by water and greenery provides a beautiful feeling of tranquility. Very friendly and helpful staff that make you feel at home. I really liked the idea that Sheraton Miramar encourages the guests to preserve the environment. This is clearly noticed in separation of garbage and "Make a green Choice". Through making a green choice you as a guest help in preserving the environment and as a result Sheraton rewards you with points that can be exchanged later on with free nights etc. After visiting all the 5 star hotels in El Gouna I can frankly say that Sheraton is the best. This is because it has a combination of the Nubian architecture of the buildings, the amazing greenery and a welcoming staff. Is is the perfect place for a relaxing energizing vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lagoon provide a perfect view of the lagoon and greenery
Dear Farah W,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Olney, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family and I recently spent 4 nights at this lovely resort. We arrived very early in the day, expecting to wait until check-in time but were pleasantly surprised to find that our rooms were ready. This is probably more due to the fact that tourism in Egypt has suffered tremendously recently. We had reserved three rooms and requested that they either be adjacent or very close to one another. We were given three ocean-front rooms all next door to one another at the end of a hallway, which really made it seem as though we had our own private wing.

The rooms are very clean and are well appointed. The ONLY item that prevents me from giving this hotel an "Excellent" rating is the shower. It Is clean but I'm not sure if they purposely used dark grout around the tile or if it needed a good scrubbing but did not look very inviting.

We ate at the beach restaurant as well as the pool restaurant and both were very good. Breakfast was inclusive and was wonderful. Definitely worth getting up for.

Personally, one of the most important things about being at a resort like this is the service. It can make or break a vacation. Without hesitation, I can say that the staff was beyond exceptional. From the waiters at breakfast to the towel person, all had smiles and greeted you warmly every day! Excellent vacation and would not think twice about recommending this resort.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floor. I believe all buildings are only two floors but the upper floors...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear SGGOlney_MD,

Many thanks for your review. I am very happy to know that you and your family has enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will share your comment about the shower to the department head concerned to take the needed recovery action. Meanwhile we are here looking forward to welcoming you again.

Köln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I spent a little over a week at the Sheraton with my family. We had the "all inklusive" package. We were very pleased with the hotel. It is very nicely situated, because the buildings are spread throughout the premises, the hotel does not appear as a large complex. Everything is pretty close to the beaches in the resort. The pool was acually heated. Some of the buildings could be renovated, but that was minor. The premises are "greener" than average for this very dry area. Staff is very friendly and help was there quickly whenever we had a problem. The food is very good and was not problematic for our European stomachs. The variety is of course somewhat limited if you spend some time but we did not get bored. The beverages in the AI package are very good, including the red/white wines. Altogether, we really liked the hotel and will likely return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear BigBumix,

Thank you very much for your feedback. it is a pleasure to know that you had a great vacation with us in Sheraton Miramar Resort. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Islam

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!