“Excellent hotel with first class staff” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abu Tig Marina - north Basin, El Gouna, Egypt   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in El Gouna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with first class staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

this was our first trip to Egypt and we decided on El Gouna, as we do not drink and we like to try different restaurants, so all-inclusive is not for us. we picked the Mosaique after reading reviews, and we very pleased with the choice. all the staff are extremely helpful, without being pushy. the room cleaners are brilliant, the breakfasts are served over a long period, so whether you are an early riser, keen to get out to the beach and water sports, or simply having a relaxing holiday and maybe a lie-in, there is still plenty of choice through to 10.30am. we found it a really pleasant stroll to the main marina where all the restaurants are, and what a choice! From Moroccan to Belgian, Italian to Vietnamese, Indian to Australian, and everything in between! You could easily eat at a different restaurant every night for 2 weeks. Not one bad meal the whole time we were there. We had a minor problem with the shower in our room(112), but it was dealt with promptly, and, although it was only an interim repair, we were offered the chance to change rooms if we wanted. It was extremely nice to see the manageress in the hotel most days, chatting to customers at breakfast. I'm afraid I can't remember his name, but the evening receptionist was extremely friendly and most helpful. We have to make one comment on the bed - it was probably the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept in! We will definitely stay at either Mosaique or the sister hotel the Fanadir, next time we go to El Gouna. All areas of the hotel were kept spotless, and although we only stayed on a B&B basis, we heard good reports of the other meals from fellow guests.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and there are families there, a marina view room may be better, although we were o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
northwales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

we have just returned from our amazing holiday ....Our 1st visit to eygpt....so we didnt know what to expect.... this hotel is ideal for people who want a relaxing holiday but not too far for a bit of entertainment if you want it... the hotel is on the north basin of the marina and the livlier part is on the south side... a nice stroll along the front and you are there..the managers, zakaria and medhat couldnt have been more helpful. they were fantastic, also a special mention to the staff, boules, mahamoud, hany, maged, adel, essam, I hope that is all but if ive forgotten anyone I apologize... you were all great. rooms were lovely we had a marina view, fantastic, cleaned each day and sheets changed at our request. I will definatley be going back to this hotel.. also a mention to mina, tok tok number 2 who showed us around el gouna .. what lovely people you all are... thankyou for making our stay a memorable one.. we will be back... Ann and Mr rex ....It was Spot On !!!!!!

Room Tip: room 125 is brilliant.... but saying that we looked around all the rooms and they were all great..di...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First day we arrived, we requested a connected room, ground floor because we have a baby and a stroller with us, of course we didn't get any of those requests, plz note that there are no elevators in this hotel. Few hours later, I went to my room to find the tv not working, I asked for them to fix, and they finally show up after 45 minutes! Deciding not to ruin my vacation, i called room service to get me a nice cup of coffee, the guy came, took and the money but never came back with the rest! 20 pounds tip IS a lot for just getting coffee! In the morning, I went to the reception to get my money back, the guy just said they didn't have change and that he had every intention to give it to me later that day! Then I went to my room to take a shower but the drain was blocked! My whole room turned into a pool since there is no water stopper in the bathroom!!! on the same day, the fire alarm was set off for more than 10 minutes, of course there were no fire, everyone in the building was downstairs waiting for someone to move and shut it down! It is Far from the old marina where all the action is, very poor breakfast, bad service! Not worth the money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in September 2012. My first impression on arrival was that it looked OK but I was a bit puzzled as to why this was number 1 hotel in El Gouna on trip advisor… don't get me wrong It is nice but just not in a wow fabulous kind of way.

My room was fine, a bit sparse the bathroom was a bit on the small side and the water didn't drain properly in the shower. Everything was perfectly clean and the bed was comfy, a decent selection of TV chanels, breakfast was served until 10.30 each morning and the selection of food was good.
This hotel has a sort of cool boutiquey chilled out Cafe Del Mar type of vibe, it's quite stylish the staff are very professional, they don't hustle you and they are not intrusive or pervy (which can sometimes be the case in Egypt).
There were some days (just for a change) I decided to use the pool at the sister hotel next door the Fanadir, Peter the receptionist there is very sweet and helpful and polite at all times.
The lobby bar is quite small but again everyone working there is super friendly and helpful the main barman Adel who was there every day was really great.

Whilst I was at the Mosaique I needed to organise the next stop on my independent tour of Egypt which was Luxor, so I made enquiries at the reception on how I would do this, I must say Zakaria on the reception desk was such a great help with this and he went over and above the call of duty to find out the details of all the different local coach companies and the coach times and where they departed from etc...he basically arranged the whole thing for me, it was so nice of him I didn't need to do anything he really took the headache away from me.

So, now I have actually stayed at the Mosaique I can now understand why it is number 1 on trip advisor, it is not so much to do with how fab the rooms are, it is the staff that make this hotel the best in El Gouna they really do look after you I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mosaique1, General Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Macko,

Thank you very much for your nice words about the team! I will forward your compliments.
Hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,
The Mossaique team
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Best thing about El Gouna in general that you can stay in any hotel and use more or less all othe hotel beaches for no or minimal charge. The hotel is new, very well decorated and furnished. Check in and check out is done manually so it's a bit slow but staff are really friendly and they will make sure they try to accommodate all ur needs. There is a small pool and there is a close nice beach that you can use for free that serves shisha and light snacks. The rooms are comfortable and very clean, has all the necessities. Room service is non existent except for cleaning your room nice a day. My stay was very much enjoyable and I would definitely go back again bec you get great service for the little money you pay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mosaique1, Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Suzy,

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback.
Looking forward to see you again soon.

Best regards,
The Mosaique Team
East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have just come back from staying 10 nights at the Mosaique. We are very familiar with El Gouna after owning property there and often stayed at the Sheraton. The Mosaique is a wonderfully small hotel where all the staff are incredibly helpful and happy to help you. Special mentions go to Ibrahim and Samwel who were fantastic. Breakfast had a good buffet selection and the lunch menu was good also.
Only a couple of points: Even though it says that the hotel is "aimed at couples searching for a quiet, relaxed and pampered atmosphere", There were a lot of young children staying in the hotel and because it is small, it was very noticeable - I would not advertise this as a place that is aimed at couples. The other point was the cleaning of the rooms, especially the shower. The tile grout was very dirty indeed and really could have done with a bottle of bleach and a scrubbing brush used. The rooms are decorated lovely, though a better cleaning regime would keep it in better condition.

Overall, it is a wonderful hotel and I would definitely return again - with some headphones to drown out the sound of children and a bottle of bleach for the bathroom! But a lovely hotel nevertheless.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mosaique1, Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Alancane,

Thank you for chosing Mosaique hotel this time and we are pleased to hear you will come back here. I am pleased you enjoyed the service and rest assured I will forward your comments to Ibrahim and Samuel.
The hotel is mainly targeting couples and normally we have a relaxed athmosphere around the pool, but specially some week-ends, we have families visiting and they can sometimes be a bit noisy. If this happen next time you are staying with us (i do not expect it as it is rare) please contact us and we will see with our neighbor hotel Fanadir if you can use their pool as they have "adults only"
We are aware of the problems with the grouting in some of the bathrooms and are in the process of solving it.

Looking forward seeing you again during your next visit to El Gouna.

Best Regards,
The Mosaique Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This quaint 4 star hotel is new, clean, luxurious for its price and nicely located on the new side of the Marina. The food could be improved, and they don's accommodate kids, but its a perfect hotel for a quiet getaway with your partner or a stay with your friends. Excellent value for money, if you are not going for the pricey Movenpick you must try to stay here.

Room Tip: there are pool view rooms and marina view rooms. try to pick a marina view room for a more Gouna fee...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mosaique1, Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Nadineokasha,

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation.
I am sorry to hear the food was not up to your expectations, so please next time you stay with us, share your comments and feedback with our team so we can improve.
The hotel is welcoming children, but not recomended for children as we do not have any facilities and activities targeting families. As you say, this creates a nice and relaxed athmosphere around the pool.

Looking forward welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,
The Mosaique team

Been to Mosaique Hotel? Share your experiences!