“Excellent and would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of INMO Divers Home

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dahab
INMO Divers Home
You added INMO Divers Home to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mashraba | P.O. Box 15, Dahab 46617, Egypt   |
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
Toronto
“Excellent and would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I and our 14 month old son stayed here for three nights and were very happy with the resort. Staff were extremely friendly especially to our young son, the hotel is very child friendly with a nice pool and children's pool as well as play ground. The hotel is very clean and service is great. It is in a quieter section of Dahab so great for people who want quiet as well as families., though restaurants are just a few steps away. We also ordered food from the hotel restaurant one night and it was fantastic. We cannot say enough about the hotel manager Osama who also looked after our son for an hour while we dove. Great dive shop too! Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This place is not as great as advertised. Besides being more pricey than other hotels with similar rooms, the staff here is pretty much untrained. You enter what looks like a military camp with a guard in the front, a guard in the back and a guard in the middle obviously monitoring everybody's movement. I felt the guards harass me, always asking me who I am and what I'm doing there. And when I complained, one of the employees told me blankly that the owner of the place doesn't like to rent rooms to Egyptians. So I took my Egyptian money and checked out the next day. Mind you there are several great hotels on the promenade which offer a much better service and atmosphere for almost the same price. They treat people differently depending on their origins, germans will be treated better than east europeans who are treated better than egyptians/africans.

The towels were not as clean as they should be. Bathrooms don't have even soap, and rooms are not pretty from the inside or the outside.. Seriously, for $5 more per night you can get a place that's muuuuuch better (and I did!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Kortenhoef
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Traveld with a friend, my wive and 2 times with my daughter
Great !!!!!! I'm going the 2nd of march 2010 for the 6th time, always to the INMO. Now with 4 friends. Nice ( easy ) dive sites
Nice people, nice guides ( we can go alone, but they have nice, friendly guides ) Some people go to ski in the same village again, for me it is the INMO in Dahab
Dahab is a nice small place, friendly, rather cheap.
Sharm El Sheik is big, commercial, expencive

Really go to Dahab, but is getting well known now, so there will be a lot of tourists

Besides the diving there is a lot of athmosphere around Dahab

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We chose INMO because it was one of the cheapest places in Dahab. We chose Dahab because we had heard that it was a lot nicer than Sharm. We were very happy with our stay!

The room was simple but clean and the style had a rustic charm. Basically it looked like in the photos, if you know what I mean. We were there in January so the pool was ice-cold and in the evenings it got a little bit chilly. The breakfast was nice and one of the staff made sweet banana chocolate pancakes for us everyday. Otherwise the food in Dahab was a little bit of a disappointment but you have to remember it is basically a dessert city, i.e. not the best place to eat lots of great fruit and vegetables. However there is lots of seafood in the tourist restaurants next to the water. The super cheap falafel places where the locals go was the only good food we ate so go there if you want a real treat (got a little ill, probably from not being used to this, but still worth it).

We wanted to snorkel but we didn't go scuba diving and the hotel and most of the city felt like it was scuba country. Don't do the mistakes we did thinking you can just go to "some beach" and jump in with a bikini and a mask. Start out by asking the helpful hotel staff in the scuba shop were to go in, how to go in, when to go in e t c. Also renting a suit is a good idea. The reef right outside the hotel is as nice as any other place.

Spent one day in Sharm, would have preferred one more day at the blue hole instead.
Can recommend a guided excursion to Mt Sinai if you can stand being in a small tourist group, amazingly beautiful sunset and stars like you’ve never seen.

Tip EVERYONE: guides, the guy who drives you to the blue hole, the guy who “guards" the hotel, the scuba shop person and of course the people who clean the room.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Gorinchem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

we stayed here for a week and had one of the sea view rooms. the diving was great.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Last night I returned from a week diving arranged with INMO. I'll keep this as short as possible.

The accommodation is fantastic for the price. We booked the cheapest room and it was clean and perfect for our needs. We stayed during Ramadan and of course heard the call to prayer several times a day; extremely moving and humbling place to be. All of the staff were warm, thorough and everyone was welcoming. There seems great pride in good hospitality throughout the area.

INMO is owned by a couple, Ingrid (German) and Mohamed (Egyptian), hence the name of the place IN - MO. They welcome divers, and non-divers, as if to their home.

The diver instructors and diver masters are highly experienced and knowledgeable about the area. Two Basic Open Water students were looked after by Ahmed and they were taught incredibly well. Usama was our dive master and a real joy to dive with. Sylvie took me out on my first day as I wasn't doing a course or a check dive, so my first dive out there was 1-1 and she was the perfect guide too.

Eating out can be variable. Often we were taken to sites where the local Bedouin people looked after us. The food was simple but beautiful. I didn't eat any salad (washed in non-tap water) and avoided ice, so no traveler's tummy. We found the food at 'The Funny Mummy' (terrible name) to be varied and good quality. The environment is very relaxing though you might be put off by any of the sea front places if you're worried by cats. There are a number of kittens and cats that seem in good condition but staff often hand you a bottle of water to spray them with if you don't want them close. It works out fine.

We took a horse trip into the mountains on our final (rest) day. Beautiful and again very friendly. As a woman I was conscious that the guys are very interested however highly respectful if you are not single. I would happily go there alone, confident that they are genuine gentlemen. I would perhaps stick to the popular areas of course.

The diving is outstanding. Lots of Stone Fish, Lion Fish, Flute Fish beautiful varieties of coral and if you are experienced the instructors like to go to quiet areas. We dived 'The Bells' entrance to the Blue Hole and also the Canyon. All of these areas are a must of course!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
DivingBluecat
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I spent 2 weeks diving, my wife took the padi owd we had a wonderfull time , but there was was no aircon at the room only a fan , we had cockroaches at our bath room and the food was very boring.But a very good diving center.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple

Been to INMO Divers Home? Share your experiences!