“Best place to stay in Dahab” 4 of 5 stars

Blue Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Melal Street | P.O. Box 45, Dahab, Egypt   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best place to stay in Dahab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel to relax away from the tourist side of Dahab but still close to everything, Blue beach is the place to be. From the outside and the street you cant immagine how pretty the inside looks like as Dahab is under construction pretty much everywhere.The rooms are very comfy and recently refurbished, the restaurant is nice and the food is delicious..try the steak, it's famous all over Dahab, the swimming pool side is perfectly located in front of the sea, there's a nice beach bar where locals meet, for a moment you actually feel you are living in Dahab :).. and on top for the divers, there's Blue Realm diving center! great center to dive with, flexible and they will take you to the nicest places to dive.
The staff at Blue Beach and Blue realm are so friendly and helpful, I can assure you'll have a good time.
I was there with a friend of mine and we didn't wanted to leave! our diving was so much fun! I'm going back for sure as soon as I can...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Vleuten, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed for a week at the Blue beach club hotel. The room was very nice with AC en nice bathroom. Last time (3 yrs ago) we stayed at the Bedouin moon hotel which was really crap with a very bad room (hard bed and awfull bathroom) and pretty far from Dahab centre (30 min by foot or you have to take a taxi or so).
The blue beach club however was great. It is located just 5 to 10 min. by foot from the lighthouse bay which is sort of the center of Dahab with all the restaurants and diving clubs.
The diner in the restaurant is also good (we ordered it on the beach). The staff is very nice and friendly. The pool is quite small but ok since there is the beach in front of the hotel and you can sit out of the wind (which can be nice since there is always quite a lot of wind in Dahad (after 2 oclock it gets less though).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the rooms are spacious with AC and a balcony. I gave the cleanliness 3 stars because there were tiny ants on my bed for some reason, and tiny cockroaches in my bathroom (but only at night). The buffet breakfast is superb, and the location is perfect. Away from the hustle bustle, but right next to it at the same time so you don't have to walk too far. The sea is right behind the hotel, and in between your room and the sea is a relaxing pool. I'm glad I stayed here because it's a great deal, and I will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Stayed at Blue Beach as surprise trip for husbands 40th, without the children. Had wonderful time - hotel clean, not as basic as I expected having read some reviews - had everything we needed/wanted. Great, friendly, helpful staff. Really good breakfast and good restaurant in hotel. Fantastic dive centre attached. We could probably have dived for a bit less money elsewhere - but the staff gave us enormous confidence and the kit all seemed in great order, so were very happy. Cameron took us diving, with Tash and they were brilliant. Loved Dahab - great chilled atmosphere, food really good - hadn't expected to enjoy the food at all! Fabulous holiday - will definitely go back with the children. Not quite sure where we are in the season - but would probably expect to see more students/backpackers/travellers - quite a hippy/bohemian/relaxed atmosphere. Didn't use the swimming pool - bit of a funny colour - but as right on the front, didn't want to - when you have a warm sea and the reef with amazing fish to see on your doorstep - who needs a swimming pool?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

I like it here! It's basic; not backpacker basic, but basic, and it has a great atmosphere and a more laid-back clientèle than, say, the Meridien (see separate review).
Firstly, location:
In Dahab but around the corner past the lighthouse, so you're away from the main tourist drag (not that Dahab's Torremolinos!). If you want the brighter lights, it's only 5 minutes' walk, and you've got some more peaceful bars and restaurants the other way towards Eel Gardens.
Secondly, the hotel and its rooms:
Spartan but comfortable, and frankly all that we needed. Worth getting a superior (sea-facing) room, because the others look out onto the road at the back of the hotel, so the view is unappetising and there is a fair bit of traffic noise. Also the rooms on the first floor are bigger than those on the ground floor. Rooms have air con, a safe and a fridge, and the wifi is free (see review of Meridien in Dahab by way of comparison). Air con is quiet and effective, if the sea breeze isn't enough for you.
Thirdly, eating and drinking:
The bar (rather naughtily entitled "The Furry Cup") is famous in its own right and resembles a traditional British pub in both décor and ambiance. Because of these traits, and also because most tourists don't walk past it, it's the main hang out for Dahab's diving/windsurfing/kite-surfing instructors looking to escape their clients and talk shop.
Local beers, plenty of sport on TV, and a strong selection of reasonably-priced food, both Egyptian and more pub-orientated (they even do fish & chips, which I didn't try). Bar also has a beach extension just over the path from the main building, and this is a bit more chilled. There's also a restaurant, which serves the same food, but provides a slightly more formal setting.
Fourthly, facilities/activities
If you're staying here, you're probably going to do some diving, and the Blue Realm dive centre is actually in the hotel. It's well run by the extremely friendly and knowledgeable Khaled, and the equipment is painstakingly cared for. You need to pay in cash, however, so be prepared, especially since some of the ATMs in Dahab are limited to a certain maximum transaction per day.
The pool is small but fresh water, and there are a few sunbeds around it (if only a little shade available). The beach area belonging to the hotel is small and has no direct sea access due to stones., rocks coral, sea urchins, etc., but there are some sun beds and umbrellas there, and, if the kids take over the pool area (as they did when we were there), the beach provides some respite.
Still, if you're after a beach/pool lounging experience, Dahab probably shouldn't be a destination of choice anyway. It's more than good enough for relaxing and sunning after/between dives.
Fifthly, staff:
Excellent. Genuinely interested in making everything comfortable and relaxed.
In summary, at less than half the price of the Meridien, this is the hotel for me in Dahab, unless you really do just want to sunbathe all day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dahab2008, Owner at Blue Beach Club, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
We are always grateful for constructive review that give the readers of this site a real view of a guests experience in our hotel. We are a small hotel who pride ourselves in friendly, efficient staff and hope to ensure every one of our guests a relaxing stay in Dahab. We are currently in the process of extending our beach facilities and putting up more shaded areas around the pool and thank this guest for suggesting that this may be an improvement. We hope the next time you visit your experience will be even better!
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My 3rd stay at this hotel in 3 years time. It was good the 1st time and has managed to improve on that. The hotel offers good rooms at value rates, inclusive of an excellent buffet breakfast. The hotel houses a good restaurant and on the grounds you'll also find The Furry Cup bar which offers some relaxed nightlife with sports on tv, cold beers/drinks and good food. They also have a SCUBA diving facility with which I have no experience. They appear to have good gear from what I have seen. I always dive with Poseidon myself (separate review).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dahab2008, Owner at Blue Beach Club, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
We are happy that we can continue to improve on our facilities and services and welcome you back any time. Thank-you for your positive feedback!
Haifa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I booked two rooms on the 4th of April, one for me and one for my gf.
they gave us a room with a non-working AC ! And gave me a room far away from my gf.'s room on ANOTHER building... on my way to my room on the stairs to the room, The receptionist came after me and said that the EGYPTIAN INTELIGENCE are in the reception and they are warning me not to enter another room only MINE !! OFCOURSE I was sure that it was a lie but still it made me angry and uncomfortable!!! I left next morning becoz of all the rudness and lies.
I advice againest staying there .....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dahab2008, Owner at Blue Beach Club, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
According to local Egyptian Law - no Egyptian national may share a room with a foreigner or other Egyptian national unless they can provide legal marriage certificates. We are licensed under the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and abide by all such laws. All Egyptian nationals are aware of this law so we kindly ask that all guests be aware that we are unable to bend it as many other hotels in the area do. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible service but in this instance we are bound by the local laws. We kindly ask guests for their constructive reviews in order for us to keep bettering ourselves but feel that guests should act fairly when doing so.

Been to Blue Beach Club? Share your experiences!