“A world away from Cairo” 4 of 5 stars

Blue Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Melal Street | P.O. Box 45, Dahab, Egypt   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Phoenix, Arizona
“A world away from Cairo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am an American teacher living and working in Cairo. Due to a delay in school starting, I took a trip to Dahab...PERFECT getaway. And there are no problems here at all. Everything is calm, relaxing and peaceful. The locals are charming and friendly and not aggressive at all. Some absolutely amazing snorkeling. I'm not a diver so the snorkeling suits me just fine. The water of the Red Sea is crystal blue and turquoise...stunning. The boardwalk along the beach is full of restaurants and little shops. Okay, on to the hotel.
The Blue Beach is charming and quaint and not over priced at all. Ask for a room on the top floor with an ocean view. The beds are firm but that's okay with me. The much needed a/c works fine but has a little annoying flashing light. Some outside light does come through a door window and if that bothers you, just put a towel over it. Bring your own toiletries as well. The staff is outstanding and friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful. I did not partake in the yoga classes but hear that they are great as well. The breakfast buffet was simple but has a decent variety. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant as there were to many options on the boardwalk. The shisha was a great way to wind the night down. All in all, I highly recommend a trip to Dahab with a stay at the Blue Beach. Only disappointment is that a side trip to St. Katherine's Monastery was closed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with an ocean view and ask for a superior room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a wonderful few days here back in May - very nice room with a small but satisfying view of the ocean. Great bar right on the water - very relaxing place to sit and read/chill out. Great yoga facilities at top of the hotel - the only shame was that we couldn't look out at the ocean as we did yoga, and it got a bit hot/mosquito-filled up there, but it was still a very good experience. Would recommend this place for anyone going to Dahab.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade for the sea-facing room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue Beach. Khaled, Sita, Hany, Ramen and the rest of the staff made us feel like we belonged - very friendly, relaxed vibe. We spent most of the week diving with Khaled (Blue Realm dive school is on the hotel premises). He is very informed about the local area, incredibly safety conscious and respectful of the reefs. We took a day trip up to Sharm to dive the Tarim straits - highly recommend this, as well as the trip to Gabrellbent. His daughters were around the place too, which added to the family-run feel. The room was clean, the staff were really helpful and there are two bars on the premises - the rooftop at the beach bar is nice at night. We had a massage with Cirrie on sight at the hotel which was excellent. The restaurant was not open when we were there and the pool does have a lot of chlorine in it, but it's nice and clean with good sunbeds etc...overlooking the ocean. We will definitely go back to Blue Beach and dive with Blue Realm again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

just a few words to sum my stay up:
the hotel, seaside, was unbelievable noisy. It was a building site for big renovations.
Cause of this, the restaurant was claused.
At the pool full of chlorine (underwater impossible), paint odors and big noise...
In my room, a door was with a blue window and no drape. Result: wake up at 04:15 in the morning, cause of the sun. I told them and they hanged a white sheet ... No comment.
Every night, I heard a strange noise. I understood the last night: water was falling from the air co on my bed... Problem with the washbasin: impossible to "close" it Easy for shaving, with a cup of boiled water.
Nobody ask you if everything is ok.
Hopefully for me, I was gone (diving) for the most part of the time.
The staff was really kind, good cleaning service.
I think, in this case, they have to close a part of the hotel and say before reservation what's happening.
30 meters further, on the right side of the hotel , a new hotel is in construction...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Blue Beach Club is a very professionally run small hotel in Dahab. It is set on the edge of the village so away from the main tourist drag. There is a bar, restaurant, dive centre and stables (off-site) and a large room which is used for yoga and dance classes. You can even have an Arabic lesson whilst you are there. We stayed in the hotel apartment with our young daughter. It was perfect for our needs. Very spacious with a good size well equipped kitchen, two bedrooms, very large bathroom with a tub and separate shower. There is a roof terrace with views across the Gulf of Aqaba to The Hijaz in one direction and to the rocky mountains of the Sinai in the other. The place was spotlessly clean. Hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. They will arrange to collect you at Sharm el Sheikh airport and take you back there for a fee but well worth not having to haggle over taxi fares the moment your feet touch the ground. We did not get round to eating in the hotel restaurant as we were too busy trying the other local eateries. But had a excellent massage and went horse riding a few times. Perfect place to soak up some sun and warmth and recharge your battery - a very relaxing place. My only regret is not remembering the name of a really excellent local restaurant which was full of Egyptians as well as a few tourists and where we had the best meal of our week.

Room Tip: The apartment has the best sea views and can accommodate up to 4 people with more than enough room t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Louth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the appartment which was excellent clean had everything we needed.All the staff are helpful.The location is great no problem getting a taxi.Food is good.Dahab is quiet no problems or issues.We will book again.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here five nights.

Pros:
- Nice location right on the water, short walk to Lighthouse area, cheap taxis available right outside the hotel to travel elsewhere

-Security guard on duty at night

-Great restaurant, two bars (one on the beach, the other connected to the hotel) and a sheesha tent on premises

-Nice poolside area, but can get crowded

-Clean rooms

-Daily yoga classes in shala on premises (highly recommend Brigit's class)

-Great massage / spa services on premises (Carrie was terrific)

Cons:

-The staff mishandled my booking. I was charged full price despite a booking email from the manager offering me a discounted rate. This was partially resolved after an annoying amount of back-and-forth and I was still overcharged for three nights (I gave up eventually because I didn't have time to make my travel connections and deal with resolving this).

-The first few nights I stayed in a lovely room on the second floor of the building facing the sea. I extended my stay and they moved me to a dark room in a corner on the ground floor. The price for both rooms was the same.

-In general, I felt the prices were too high in comparison with other places to stay in Dahab.

Tips:

Definitely negotiate your room rate in advance and bring a copy of the email when you check-in. The desk staff is very junior and have little authority to handle this on their own.

Note on security:
I was somewhat hesitant to travel to Dahab given the recent security concerns in the Sinai. I had no problems whatsoever, and felt this was overblown once I arrived and talked to a wide range of travelers and locals. I took the East Delta bus direct from Cairo, which took about 8 hours. There were a few checkpoints where we had to show identification, but the trip was otherwise easy and uneventful. I then took a local taxi to Nuweiba and the ferry to Aqaba in Jordan with no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the building that faces the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Blue Beach Club? Share your experiences!