We didn't actually stay at Sea Stars when we went to Dahab but we wish we had done! We contacted Sian and Tim when we were thinking about going and they offered us a package including diving. In the end we went to the Tropitel Hotel up the coast as the deal with Easyjet with half board was too good to turn down - in hindsight it was the wrong choice - you can see my review for there if you are interested!
However I am still reviewing Sea Stars as a week before we went out I contacted Tim to see if he could still organise our diving for us even though we weren't staying in the appartment. He was ever so helpful and arranged our Open Water qualification dives and a guided dive with his instructor Michelle. We used the facilities at Mirage (which I will also review) but working with Tim and Michelle privately meant that we could go at our own pace and adapt the training to our progress.
Tim also organised a driver - Mohammed to come and pick us up from our hotel each day. He also took us back and would take us via the shops and a pharmacy to pick up supplies. Mohammed also took us out on two other days to go snorkelling when we were too tired to dive and made sure we were well looked after by a 'dive cafe' at each site. It was great not having to negotiate with taxis and knowing that we weren't offending anyone by paying too little or equally getting ripped off and paying too much.
While we were there we did pay a visit to Sea Stars to have a look round and the appartments are fabulous. Bright, clean, well equipped, great views from the roof and close to the shops - if we return to Dahab we will most definitely be staying there in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Stars Apartments Hotel Dahab
- Sea Stars Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 Beautiful new built apartments in a peaceful garden in the Eel Garden area of Dahab. 1 minute from the beach and Red Sea reef, perfect for a diving, windsurfing, yoga or purely relaxing holiday. Each two bedroom apartment sleeps up to 6 people in comfort and have fully equipped fitted kitchen, modern bathroom comfortable lounge and balcony/ garden terrace. Local shops and amenities are two minutes walk away. Diving packages can be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sea Stars Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.