“There are better hotels in better locations for the price” 3 of 5 stars

You added Penguin Village to your Saves list
Penguin Village
Mashraba St, Dahab 46617, Egypt   |
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
“There are better hotels in better locations for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

There are better hotels in better locations for the same price in dahab. This hotel is located in a dead area of dahab about a 10-15 minute walk from the main tourist area.

The restaurant here serves decent food but is overpriced for the quantity and gave me back the wrong amount of change 4 times out of the 4 times I ate there. The Internet doesn't work about 50% of the time and the wifi does not work in your room. The rooms are small and cramped but the hotel is clean.

• Stayed February 2013
PenguinDiversDahab, Manager at Penguin Village, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello
Thank you for taken the time to write this review,we do adjust the food price by 20 % for all penguin village guests and we hope next time to serve you biter,
Have a nice day from sunny Dahab.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent food & service at Penguin village, had great meals there by the beachfront. Staff are very friendly and their recommendations are always good :-) Make sure you finish with a shisha faraola!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your nice review,we hope to serve you biter and biter ,we all wish you a safe and enjoyable travel,Oh yes shisha with a strawberry taste is the best ,
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hey,
I recently returned from my trip to Dahab, Egypt. I stayed at the Penquin Village, mainly because it was recommended by a friend. Immediately as I walked in I sensed the friendly atmosphere of the place. Indeed, I found the stuff to be really friendly, always giving out advises and not being pushy advertising their packaged or trips. I stayed in a single room for 100 LE a night and I´d say it was worth it.
I often ate in the Penguin restaurant, which had the same friendly atmosphere as did the village itself. A plenty of comfortable cushions to sit and chill, looking out to the red sea. The food was plentyfull and good value for the money and staff I found to be friendly, so thanks Mohammed, Zeko & co.

All in all, I can truly recommend Penquin Village as your place to stay and dine while you enjoy your stay in Dahab. It is a kind of place where you propably stay longer than you initially intended to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
PenguinDiversDahab, Manager at Penguin Village, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taken the time to write this nice helpful review,it will always be nice see you again soon,
Kind regards.
Hilton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It is true what another reviewer wrote about them giving you trouble about boys/girls staying together. The thing is- sometimes it's no problem and then suddenly it is a problem. I booked a room for two guests and when I showed up with a black man (I am a white American woman), the man refused and when we tried to argue with him (I had opposite sex American friends staying in a room at the very same time!) the man just became furious and yelled in our faes. We told him (and showed our passports) that were both foreigners, so it is not against the law in Egypt and he made a comment that he would be changing the policy of the hostel to not allow even foreigners to stay together.

I had stayed at the Penguin many times before this and they seriously have no sense of loyalty or of how to treat people respectfully. Even asking for a roll of tissue paper for my bathroom was a huge ordeal. I'd gladly stay at a dirtier/less "nice" place in order to receive better hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Jenna
Thank you for taken the time to review Penguin Village and big thanks to stay with us a few times,we are rely surprised and sorry about our reception man ,we do take action towards this matter and things will always stay the same ,sorry for that,.
wishing you a good day from your lovely Dahab.
Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at Penguin for longer than I initially planned because it had such a nice vibe. I was also diving with them and all the staff in the dive shop were wonderful. The price was fantastic and I liked the facilities. I felt like I could have stayed there indefinitely and I would definitely stay there again if I have the pleasure to return to Dehab.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Janna
Thank you for your great review ,it is been great have you staying and diving with us ,we do miss you allot with all the fun we had with you during the dive trips ,
all the best from all of us,
Kind Regards.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not overly impressed with Penguin. The setup is great, but the staff continually gave me inconsistent prices for tours and equipment hire, were not very knowledgeable about onward travel from Dahab, and came into our dorm rooms at 8:30AM to clean (before check-out). The WiFi also rarely worked, which the staff seemed non-plussed about. If the staff didn't have such bad attitudes, this place could be okay. Will stay elsewhere next time

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Thank you for your review,and 1st of all we hope you accept our apologist ,we did take your review seriously and the staff at the front desk has been changed to back again to our permanent staff how is always be there to help you to have a pleasant holiday,we wish you a safe travel and enjoyment,
Kind regards,
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay, the staff are great and the food is ok, it has a nice pleasant laid back atmosphere, is very quite so good nights sleep assured, right by the sea but no beach, very close to the supermarket which is handy for beer as the hotel dosnt serve alcohol, but you are welcome to sit in the restaurant to drink your own.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taken the time to write this helpful nice review about the Penguin Village it is been rely nice to have you staying with us ,and we wish to see you again soon,
wishing you a nice day from sunny DAHAB.
All the best.

Been to Penguin Village? Share your experiences!