“Not a hotel, but a friendly home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dahab Plaza Hotel

You added Dahab Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Dahab Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Masbat Area City Center | Before Bridge In The Heart Of Dahab City, Dahab 11511, Egypt   |
Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hungary
“Not a hotel, but a friendly home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my second time visiting the Dahab, I stayed in several hotels. My friends recommended the Dahab Plaza hotel and it was a big lucky to me. I spent five wonderful days here. Everything was excellent. Perfect location, very good value for money. I got more for less money than in similar hotels. The hotel is brilliant clean, the rooms are nice and spacious. very helpful and friendly staff, you feel to spend time with your famíly or with your friends. In the future if I will travel to Dahab I will choose only this hotel and I recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

came here with my mother in law and Fiancée we stayed for arround 4 nights.
during checking we made it clear that we needed a ground floor room for the Mother In law (mobility issues) she would have liked a double bed but there are non available on ground floor level she got a room close to the pool and was happy. we got taken to our room to find 2 single beds (requested a double) they said they would sort it out in the morning as we arrived sort of late (around 22:30) but to our surprised we got a knock and they had found us a room with a double bed so we moved.

we where shown to the local off license. and which way the beach was, we had been in Dahab many times before and know our way around fairly well but never ventured to this side of the bridge.

the breakfast does take some time to be prepared but no longer then i would take at the other Egyptian restaurants (the Egyptian way takes some time ;) ) we enjoyed our breakfast did noticed that this time there where allot of flies about but these could be seen every where not just the hotel.

We left and i decided to confirm my booking i had made for me and my brother to Return.

me and my brother Arrived and where straight away shown to our room

we enjoyed our stay together as well and didn't have any issues

i enjoyed a swim in the pool most nights and preferred using the pool side shower due to it being a better height for me then the shower in the room.

we ended up booking my brother in for an extra night as he was flying early hours of the morning. this was no issue.

great bonuses during my stays where the Free Wifi, Complimentary Water , we only had the coffee or tea with our breakfast and spend most of the days outside the hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Greeted warmly by villa and hotel son gubara.
Wifi great, hotel facing beautiful mountain views.. Had a free shisha brought to us on the rooftop to watch sunset. Magic!
Breakfast is very tasty especially the huge and beautifully decorated Egyptian option! Free tea and coffee anytime.
And when the parties are starting in town you are nicely tucked away :)
2 minute walk to the beach which is great for snorkelling and just vegging out! We came all the way from Australia to check out the diving scene and we are already planning our next trip back :) love Dahab!! Cairo is quite fun too- although we were anxious to see if there was any trouble- none at all- we we to the Cairo museum which is right next to tahir square! Very peaceful!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at about 7pm, greeted warmly by Jevila and the owners son and quickly shown to our room. Needed to switch rooms as almost everything leaked in the bathroom! This was done without issues but with help from the owners son that evening.

Being on the main road, the view from the balcony was "interesting". We got to recognise most of the local animals, including camels, on their daily visit to the rubbish pick up point.

On the first morning breakfast was served slooowly, one of the staff running out to buy some food! We got used to this! The breakfast location could be better, too many flies.

The free laundry worked really well the first time and sort of worked the second time, it arrived just before we left to go to the airport.

Overall have few complaints about the Hotel, in fact lots of compliments! Would we stay here again, yes.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DahabPlazaHotel, Owner at Dahab Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I'm sorry for these mistakes that occurred upon arrival and I hope that these mistakes are not impacted on the trip and have spent a happy time after repair errors
I've been on a business trip outside the city and left my son is serving you even come back he does not have the experience in Fmamal management at the beginning of the road and I thought that I will give him the chance to be a good manager in the future
I repeat my regret and I promise that I will be always present to the oldest outstanding service which 're used to in the second home Dahab Blama
I hope those read this response that the place of Garbage is just 500 meters away and can be seen from the window overlooking the mountain , there is no such problems it is far first and secondly the state workers removed daily AM
Greetings to you ----General manager and owner - Emad Soleiman
cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Of the nicest hotels and beautiful services and staff reception excellent and very rooms magnificence meals mycosis excellent and drinks excellent way to speak is very excellent and provide assistance to the most beautiful face and free of charge and there is no problems in security I advise everyone to go out there and enjoy Baajml time in the hotel Special thanks to the staff Janitorial and staff reception assistance and thank you for Managementhotel

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and clean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It is in Dahab center, nice clean rooms with big bathroom and fridge. The pool is nice and clean. Excellent service the staff, owner and his kids really go the extra mile to make you feel at home and help you with everyting. Free laundry coffe thee breakfast and strong wifi make it even better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miratejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

stayed in dahab for 3 nights and this hotel have all the confort i needed. the free water its a great idea. the breakfast its also good.

one thing i didnt appreciate was that it supposed to pay 58€ wich were rounded up to 60. the owner and his daughter are very friendly and helpful

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dahab Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!