“Heplful staff, great location, fantastic value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dahab Plaza Hotel

You added Dahab Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Dahab Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Masbat Area City Center | Before Bridge In The Heart Of Dahab City, Dahab 11511, Egypt   |
Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
Uppsala, Sweden
“Heplful staff, great location, fantastic value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Let me first point out that Dahab Plaza is a simple hotel. Nothing fancy, but you got absolutely everything you need + excellent service and hospitality. Tea, coffee, shisha can be brought at any time by the staff. The free water and laundry services are really useful and works excellent. It's good to have a fridge in the room. There is also a TV-set but we didn't use it so I don't know about channels etc. The wifi is free and works like a charm. There is a small 'library' in the reception if you need something to read.

Emad is one of the most professional hotel managers I have ever encountered. He can help you with everything in a very efficient but relaxed way. He just makes you feel that he really enjoys fixing things and making your holiday great. The entire staff is very helpful and nice.

The rooms are cleaned when you ask for it. Ten times a day or every third day - that's your chocie.

We asked for a room with a private balcony and got one with a view over the main road (which sounds terrible, but it was actually fun watching the everyday life) + the beautiful mountains. The road is quiet at night and we were not disturbed by the traffic. The beds could have been softer, that's why the sleeping quality is just 'average'. Like in most places in Dahab the mosquitos are around. We bought an elecric repeller. The water pressure in the 2nd floor could be better, but there is always hot water. Toilet always worked fine.

We did not use the pool, but it is a nice area with sunbeds. The pool looks very clean. T here is a nice sitting area where you are welcome to eat and drink your own stuff. It's ok to drink alcohol here too. As a woman, I felt absolutely free to move around in swimming suite in the hotel. Everything is very relaxed.

Emad has two restaurants in town. One of the, Fresh Fish, has a beach and sunbeds which you are welcome to use. You can eat from the restaurant or bring your own food to the beach. For snorklers, it is a 2-3 minutes swim to Lighthouse Reef. As a hotel guest, you have 20 % off at Fresh Fish and you can choose to have your breakfast there. Emad's other Restaurant, Same Same but Different, must be one of the best at the Dahab Corniche when it comes to cuisine and service. You bring your own drink if you want alcohol, have a free starter and desert and get 30 % off. Which means that you can have terrific meals for very little money. The staff is excellent. Friendly, service-minded and NOT the begging-for-tip-type (which makes me give more tip!;o)). Interesting cuisine with traditional Egyptian, Moroccoan and BBQ. Breakfast (with a choice between Egyptian, continental andd fry up) at the terrace with a seaview is a must!

The location of the hotel is not at the beach, but you walk there in like 3 minutes. You are very close to Gazala Supermarket, ATM - everything you need.

We felt very relaxed and cared fore at Dahab Plaza and would gladly recommend it. We will most probably be back next year.

Room Tip: Just e-mail Emad and describe what you want. He will help you!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed here for a week in October and really liked the hotel. The rooms are clean and basic, and for the price are excellent value. The owner is very friendly and goes out of his way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Plus, the hotel cat had three kittens to play with! I'd wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and if I returned to Dahab I would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Firstly, I would strongly recommend hotel to anybody. It had everything you needed - free bottled water, tea, coffee and laundary service. The owner, Emad, showed us around the first day so that we could get our bearings. What I really appreciated, especially after being in Egypt for a couple of weeks, was having somebody that will help you if you wanted/needed and not constantly try and sell you things - and at Dahab Plaza that is what you get - hassle free help!

Emad made us feel always welcome, ensuring we felt 'home' whenever in the hotel. The hotel is quiet yet near everything you need and the two restaurant options for breakfast were excellent.

My only disappointment with the hotel was the airport transfers. We paid US$75 (for 2 people return to the airport). When collected our driver had a friend in the car. This friend had his seat reclined all the way back and did not move to allow me to get my legs behind the seat. The driver then proceeded to drive at 140-160kmph which meant this car beeped for the entire 45minute journey. Further, he did not really slow down to go around corners which meant the back of the was drifting around the corners. I had no seatbelt (although not unusual in Egypt I didn't expect such speed).

Had our greeting at the hotel not been so nice I would have booked our return transfer with one of the other local companies. Emad assured me that a different driver would take us to the airport and I reconfirmed this with him the night before leaving when I finalised our bill. However, the same driver came to collect us for the airport and Emad was not around. Although the driver did slow down I anticipate this was only due to his young son being in the car. This was really disappointing for us as this did put a dampner on an otherwise fantastic stay.

I want to stress that I would strongly recommend the hotel and if it had not been for the transfer I would have given this place an Excellent rating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DahabPlazaHotel, Owner at Dahab Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
im sorry about the driver mistake i cancel the pick up company to work with us ,,i told him don't drive fast but he not lesson for that i cant make my customer sad in any ,,the same i told all my customer they are the first for me my customer is red line ,,for that i decide to cancel to work with this pick up company to work with Dahab Plaza Hotel any more from today ,,my customer what they wish it is order for me the important point to make my customer happy and has great stay they deserve to have good and great holiday after long year of working ,,,again im sorry and it well never be again
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

A friend and I stayed at the Dahab Plaza for 7 days in October and by the end of the week, we didn't want to leave. This was mainly due to the fantastic service we received, particularly from Emad (the owner of the hotel). He made us feel immediately welcome and nothing seemed to be too much trouble; from taking us on a tour of the area when we first arrived to walking us back from one of the clubs in the early hours of the morning. He genuinely cared about us having the best holiday possible.
In terms of the accommodation, you get what you pay for; the room is basic but contains everything you're likely to need - hot water, a fridge and an air-conditioning unit. Breakfast is included in the price of the room, which can be eaten at either of the two restaurants Emad owns up to quite late in the morning, which is perfect for those wanting to lie-in or just sleep off a hangover!
All in all, a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I reviewed this hotel in 2009 when I went to Dahab twice in one month and have to write to review it again. It is impossible to overstate how excellent the service is from Emad the owner of the hotel - it is basic accommodation but is clean has hot water and a fridge and tv and you get a great breakfast for roughly £11 per night - I have travelled all over the World and stayed at hostels backpacking as well as plush suites in 5 star hotels. Emad's attention to your stay and ensuring you are happy and have everything is by far the best I have experienced. I had an eye infection and his son took me to the doctor - he ensures every day that you are ok - he arranged my travel from Sharm to and from with no issue. I left a coat in Egypt which he has arranged for me to receive in London at his expense (I will pay him back!). He gives you a tour around Dahab when you arrive and does not give you any hassle about not leaving the room at 12 on your last day! It is like being with family and I cant recommend this place enough!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for a week at the end of November, the hotel is very good located, a few steps from resturants and shops. Like a lot of people writes, Emad made us feel at home right away. It's true that the rooms needs a bit of a touch up, but for that price you can't really complain. You need to tell them when you want to have the room cleaned up, it's not done daily (unless you ask for it)
The pool area is nice with enough sunbeds, but the water in the pool is way too cold, at least this time of the year.
Emad also give you free breakfast from the 2 resturants he also owns, and even give you 30 percent discount if you go there for dinner (at "Same Same, but Different")

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

What a legend Emad was. By the end of our 6 night stay it felt like we where family. Good location for a good price. Rooms could do with a touch up but its all part of the essence of Dahab. Couldn't have had a better holiday for less.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dahab Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!