“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just got back from the iberotel Dahabeya in Dahabeya, this was our 5th visit and once again the hotel lived up to all expectations, the hotel is set on a sandy beach in the lagoon area of Dahabeya with beautiful views of the mountains.
Firstly there is no trouble in the South Sinai the British government are being over cautious, we had no problems between Sharm and Dahab.
The hotel is very relaxed and clean you feel at home straight away, we had booked a room overlooking the pool and was shown to our room within 10 mins of arriving.
The staff at the hotel work tirelessly and cannot do enough for you, the restaurant food was excellent with always a good choice even for the fussy eaters, the chefs would cook you anything you wanted, special mention to Amin, Diaa and Mohamed, also to Ashraf at the beach bar and Hossam and Cerolos at the pool bar.
The dive centre is also located on the beach, run by Mido it is ideal for all sorts of diving and snorkelling trips.
Big mention to the fantastic animation team of Mizo, Kimo, Maro and Assamaa who work tirelessly and are great fun to be around.
So if you want a relaxing holiday in very comfortable surroundings then this hotel is perfect, so to the big travel companies please put this hotel back in your brochures as it is a Diamond, looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Sea view or pool side are good
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Iberotel Dahabeya, responded to this review, 2 days ago

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I decided to spend Russian November holidays in Dahab, Egypt and add some summer for my children and myself.
Initially it was planned as diving holidays together with friends, that's why I chosen Dahab, not Sharm, but because of various reasons most of friends decided not to go so I traveled together with my children.
At first I booked ex-Hilton Dahab Resort, but reading tripadvisor and tophotels feedbacks forced me to change my mind so I had a difficult choice between Le Meridien and Dahabeya.
I'd like to explain, that most of life, including dive clubs located in down town and Dahabeya is quite far from it - in Lagoon area that is about 3 km from center. Le Meridien is even further - about 4-5 km. In spite of the fact there are a lot of cheap taxi around there, I think as further you hotels from center then more difficult to pick it to and from hotel. Yet another 5 cents that Le Meridien is stand-alone, but Dahabeya is surrounded by other 5-6 hotels, so you can find really good Shisha in Ganet Sinai hotel or try restaurants in other hotels close to yours.

The territory is clean, with medium pool. My room was in front of it so it was quite loud in the morning and late night when some drunk people chatted there lying in sunbeds, so beware of it, I could recommend to request another outhouse of the Dahabeya with amphitheater in the yard.

Food in main restaurant is unexpectedly tasty, restaurant is quite small so in first half an hour after it started it is quite overcrowded. But do not hurry - most of courses replaced during the opening hours.

There is a sauna free of charge in the hotel and tiny gym. As at reception.

Superior room I booked actually standard room, they just name it superior, so it quite small, but not too small for 3 persons. Nothing to write home about - not too clear, not too dirty, some minor problems in bathroom...

The beach is really good for windsurfers and small children- the lagoon has sandy bottom with smoothly increasing depth. Huge surf station and small dive center are on the beach.

Also would like to say personal thanks to Mohamed Hossam, Front Office Manager for taking care about our additional request and quick check-in.

Room Tip: Request a room in opposite to pool outhouse - in front of pool quite loud early morning and night
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Iberotel Dahabeya, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

Today I had the worst treatment and the worst replies from security personnel at the hotel door, I can't imagine an employee that his duty is to keep me safe starts the speech with a head to toe disgusting look and then started using a very unprofessional and not decent way to point out that I have to take all the metal stuff in pockets when am only in a swim suit, not only this after that I went to the reception to complain about that and the response is a raise of 200 le on the normal rate as a special offer for me as a regular visitor for this place that really disappointed me.

• Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

.we stayed for 2 weeks from 20th sept 4th oct.This hotel is very nice .good food . If there is nothing you like the chef will cook you something you do like you wont go hungry . The waiters in the restaurant are great too they chat and have a laugh with you . Very nice friendly helpful staff . Most of the animation team are soo lovely. The bar staff work hard all day and night and always serve with a smile nothing too much trouble . The rooms are kept clean .clean towels and bedding changed everyday and a bottle of water left in room everyday free of charge.. Although rooms do look a little tired in places mainly in the bathroom . not much entertainment in the evening but that was ok for us . When we arrived late in the evening . It was 33 degrees and very quiet as the hotel was only 17% full but as the week went on more people arrived . Nice thing asis there was no having to get up early to make sure you get a sunbed , no quing for anything . The beach is very nice and on the door step if you like wind surfing then this will be heaven to you . My only picky thing is there is not much to do once youve been to dahad town or sharm for shopping and then it was hour taxi ride . Oh and the wifi was hit and miss and you have to pay once the free 150mb runs out.
we would go again but not for 2 weeks as we found this a bit too long for us. If you want a nothing to do but relax , dive, or windsurf holiday then this hotel is perfect .its a shame more english dont go. we were advised not to travel here but glad we came as this is a fabulous hotel. Please don't be put of by the government advisors . We found the people to be so very friendly .and felt safe .

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Iberotel Dahabeya, responded to this review, October 14, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

The stuff very kind especially Mr. Mohamed salah reception and Mr . Abdelfatah
The beach so beautiful.
Disadvantage :
Foods is good but few kinds
No fun after dinner except D j .

At all it was nice trip

• Stayed September 2014
Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

Very nice hotel, staff were very nice specially the animation team they work very hard to create a great atmosphere specially Motaz (Mizo), Luca and Haisam,food was good.. I would go back, it's a nice place to relax with your family, my kids loved it and want to go back anytime since it's small and safe for them everything is close to each other.
My only comment is that rooms could be cleaner.

Room Tip: Hotel is very small and ny room will be close to everything and that's the best thing.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Iberotel Dahabeya, responded to this review, September 15, 2014

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

This was an incredible hotel with delicious food included. Right on a beautiful beach with activities from windsurfing to diving and even camel riding steps out of the beach side edge of the resort. Employees were incredibly helpful. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Iberotel Dahabeya, responded to this review, September 10, 2014

Hotel Manager

Been to Iberotel Dahabeya? Share your experiences!