“Awesome! A few issues but overall great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Jaz Dahabeya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lagoon Area, Dahab, Egypt (Formerly Iberotel Dahabeya)   |
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Awesome! A few issues but overall great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Couple in our 20's Just arrived home from a 12 night stay in the Dahabeya.

We had a couple of problems at the start of the holiday which stopped me giving an overall excellent.

On the first night when walking around the grounds of the hotel at about 10pm with my boyfriend after checking in and having dinner a member of the kitchen cleaning staff followed us up the stairs and grabbed me round the waist to make me jump, he then asked to take my picture on his phone which I declined. He introduced himself and shook both our hands he kissed me on the cheek and then very suddenly pulled me closer and tried to kiss me on the lips! I quickly pushed him away and he ran off.
I was very upset by this and felt like I had been harassed so we complained to the manager who was very understanding and after a few days of discussions the manager informed us that he had fired the staff member who did this. Our room was upgraded straight away to the presidential suite which was beautiful. The manager and all the other staff members were so apologetic, kind and helpful it's such a shame one idiot nearly ruined it as everyone else was brilliant.
We did also have a problem with the door lock, broken shower and a leaky toilet but these were fixed within minutes of reporting them.

All the staff members were fantastic and it was some of the best service I have received when being away.

The Room was amazing, great views of the mountains and sea. Clean and tidy, bottled water provided everyday, really cheap minibar and really comfy beds.

Food was lovely everything was cooked really well, huge choice and even though I'm fussy I still managed to eat loads!

Loads of activities to do we did some diving and snorkelling trips. House reef was cool but quite small so trips are definitely worth doing as they were breathtakingly beautiful! Blue hole and 3 pools were especially good for snorkelling. Take an underwater camera if you can. Water sports also were cool, lots of windsurfing and wake boarding which was great fun.

Dahab town was full of lovely little shops and has a very chilled out vibe. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus service to and from the town which is like a 5 min drive.

The hotel beach is lovely, clean with nice soft sand and good wind for the windsurfers.

The pool was a good size and lovely and clean and the animation team were so funny and friendly even though I normally hate things like that I did actually join in with their activities every now and again.

The hotel itself has beautiful ground, flowers everywhere and clean and tidy. It was very quiet which was great quite often we would be the only ones in the pool or in the sea. It was very peaceful in the evenings lovely to sit down and have a few quiet cocktails which were included in the all inclusive.

Overall it was a great hotel so don't let the incident I mentioned at the start put you off going. The staff make this hotel they are all so funny, friendly and do anything to go out of their way to make sure you are having a nice time. If your looking a quiet get away then this hotel is perfect.

Don't let conflicts on the news put you off going to Dahab as its a brilliant little hippy town and we loved it!

• Stayed May 2013
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

We sincerely apologize that you have had such a disappointing misunderstanding with that situation at Iberotel Dahabeya.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Actually we are living in Sharm El Sheikh and me personally working at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh 5* deluxe hotel, which is one of the best luxurious hotels in Sharm and believe me I know exactly what means excellent customer service, professional staff and quality of food. We booked this hotel suddenly by reviews of TripAdvisor and I should admit that I did right thing. We stayed there only for weekend, just to relax and be away of Sharm crowds and really we enjoyed so much. Me and my husband was so impressed of the hotel, firstly we arrived early and they accommodated us at 10.00AM to our room, which was on second floor with pool side view and it was nice considering room inside (not the top new, but still good) and from balcony you even can see the sea. We doubt to book the full board at the beginning as we knew a lot of feedback that it is usually not so quality food, but after thinking we decided to do it, just for trying and as we did not plan to go outside the hotel this time- I should say we did not regret- food was delicious with big variety and daily restaurant had so many options. Regarding staff I can stay that all of them provided excellent service, but especially want to pointed out Mina from pool and Mohamed(with glasses) from Reception exceeded expectations- he was so nice that sent to us nice welcome amenities and offered late check out till 15.00 PM,even we did not mention about it. Thank You Mohamed! Beach and pool are great with the attentive staff.So we had a wonderful weekend and we are planning to go back on nearest future. I will definitely suggest this hotel to all our friends and colleagues to visit it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, June 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

And please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sherif.mahgoub@iberoteldahabeya.com , for any special requests and wishes for your next visit at Iberotel Dahabeya, for yourselves or any of your friends and colleagues.

devon, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

stayed at this lovely small hotel in october 2011, lovely pool with swim up bar, plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas around the pool and on the beach, room was clean and tidy and the grounds and pool are kept immaculate, food was good something to suit everyone, and the chefs and waiters are very friendly as are all the staff in this hotel especially the animation team, the only thing i would of liked is tea and coffee making fascillities in the room, other than that a lovely holiday at a lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at this beautiful hotel on several occasions so sorry to learn that thomsons have dropped this location from their brochures, big mistake. Fantastic location all the staff are a credit to this hotel special mention to Mohamed on reception a real gent goes out of his way to assist you,if your into windsurfing etc you could not find a better location. The beach is great,lovely sand not grit perfect for non swimmers you can wade out to a comfortable depth ,on a personal level me and the wife just love the laid back atmosphere of this gem in the desert. Food and drink no problem with, very quiet in the evenings not a place for party animals.If your looking for a laid back holiday i would highly recommend this hotel. The only downside to this destination is the transfer from Sharm approx about one and a quarter hours in taxi but trust me it's worth it. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool can be noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Cirencester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great staff,great service ,lovely hotel. All in all a lovely relaxing week. The only downfall would be that there is no entertaiment at night at all so would possibly be a bit boring for a two week stay or if you are youngsters looking for some night life as there isnt any at all.

Room Tip: Only two storey high so good veiws of sea and pool in most rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday..

Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Egypt three times and this place was the best of my trips so far. The rooms were well equipped and clean, and the staff were very good at trying to look after us (albeit in the hope of tips, but that's Egypt for you). The animations team of Mizo, Kimo, Linn and Mahou are bubbly people who do water aerobics, stretching, water polo and volleyball every day. There was a good mix of nationalities of mainly Russian, German, polish, Dutch and the odd sprinkling of English, and one Irish person (me). Weather was incredible and would recommend this hotel to anyone going all inclusive in dahab.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a nice hotel. Friendly staff, good food and perfect location at the Dahab Logoon. Diving and windsurfing are great, and in the afternoon a real beachvolleybal match started thanks to the animation team.

Large rooms with comfortable beds. Would love to go back there :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jaz Dahabeya? Share your experiences!