“AVERAGE HOTEL” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Hereford, United Kingdom
“AVERAGE HOTEL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked this hotel for my Wife and 14 year old son, initially having a superior garden view room. On arrival at the hotel we were told that we we upgrading to a superior sea view room but on inspection of the room, it had two very small double beds and a sofa bed. It would have been very cramped for two adults and a 14 year old. The bathroom was small and didn't have a bath. We asked if we could upgrade to a Junior Suite, which was available a a further cost of €80 per night. We took this offer. The suite had a Queen Bed and the bed for our son was a single bed put n he Sitting Room area of the suite. There was a bath and shower, but unfortunately there was a constant smell in the bathroom, which could no be eradicated. The room was kept spotlessly clean and the Towel Art was amazing! The furniture was looking very tired and the rooms are in need of upgrading. All the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. The food was acceptable but very repetitive and the deserts could be improved on. The location, pool and beach were excellent. The was plenty of activities, including Snorkeling, Wind Surfing, Quad Biking and Fishing which we took advantage of and thoroughly enjoyed. The sun beds on the beach are a little close together, bearing in mind this was a quiet time, so in high season, would be worse. You need to be up very early to get a good place on the beach. Overall the hotel was very clean with friendly, helpful staff. We caught the Shuttle Bus into Dahab three times and went to Ali Baba Restaurant, which was excellent and great value for money and well worth a visit. The lobster and prawns were fantastic, the steak was also excellent, but you do need to remember you are in Egypt, ask for the steak to be cooked medium not medium rare. We would return to this hotel with all the above known to us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Regarding your comments about the room size, kindly be informed that all our superior rooms with garden view, pool view and sea view do have exactly the same size and the same furniture. The maximum capacity for the superior room type are 3 person, whereas the 3rd person will sleep on an extra bed or an open sofa. Moreover all our superior rooms are equipped with a shower only, except the Junior Suite and the Royal Suite.
Our 12 Family rooms are more spacious than the superior rooms and do have a separate sleeping area with normal beds.

Regarding your comments about the food, kindly be informed that we do offer our guests every evening a theme buffet (Chinese, Oriental, Italian, Mexican, Seafood etc.), but we did forward your comments to our Chef in order to check how we can upgrade the buffets.

On our sandy hotel beach we do offer sun beds, umbrellas and windbreakers free of charge for all our guests. To ensure that our guests have enough privacy, every umbrella is surrounded by a windbreaker.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

Seaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like many others who have wrote about this hotel and yes all the staff are fantastic food great, very clean, but I have to say that value for money I am not sure. I stayed here for 10 day's this time and things like Wifi is expensive to use there is no free hot spots at this hotel. I was told that this is hotel maybe going in to the Thomson Platinum Brochure for 2013 I don't think so, the rooms need alot of upgrading. Also while I was there they run out of Gin for a day or so must be one the most popular drinks and I won't tell you about the lemons. What I am saying is that the standards this hotel is trying to archieve are let down by the silly things I have mentioned don't be put off just be aware because I did not come across anybody who had bad tummy problems which in this country is renowned for.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2117 by the pool area
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillT691
Dear Guests,

Regarding your comment about the missing gin, kindly be informed that there has been a shortage from the supplier company which delivers alcoholic beverages to all the hotels in Egypt. Therefore it has not been possible to solve this problem immediately. But we do assure that we will do all our best to avoid such a shortage again.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback. and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Iberotel Dahabeya.

Tonbridge, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've been to Dahab several times, staying at the Swiss Inn. Upon another windsurfers recommendation we tried the Iberotel this time.

Rooms - was quite basic but was well cleaned daily. The only negative thing was the beds were hard as nails with really uncomfortable pillows - especially if you're used to decent feather ones. We asked to change them, but they were the same. Ground floor by the pool was good.

Initially the hotel provided a cot for our daughter, 2 1/2, but were more than happy to change it to a childs bed. It did make the room a little crowded, whereas at the Swiss we stayed in a much larger family type room.

Drinks - own label brands and fairly OK fun cocktails, but the best thing as many reviewers stated are the staff. Very friendly, smiling and helpful - much more so compared to the other hotels.

Food - being vegetarian made it a little tricky, not a huge choice, but what you'd expect at this price point. Didn't feel dodgy at any point in the week.

Area - all kept clean and tidy and felt generally looked after. Fresh beach towels etc were good.

Windsurfing - Harry Nass is directly on the beach in front, unfortunately it was light all week, but was quite expensive when you included the extra insurance. Ibi & friends was doing a week all in for half price €125, so that was good.. I'd check him out again, seemed a nice chap.

Room Tip: Keep the a/c on at night with a mosquito plugin to avoid any annoying bites.
    • 5 of 5 stars
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, January 6, 2013

Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Iberotel Dahabeya in December. We were a bit unsure whether to bring our young family here ( 9 months and a four year old ) but as soon as we got there, we knew we had it right. The place was welcoming, clean, an amazing tranquil paradise and above all, felt very safe. It is quiet at this time of the year, so there were not many other families around. ( perfect for couples who just want a get away from it all)
Our room was a large family room, plenty of space for the children, who had their own bedroom area, balcony overlooking the gardens and minibar to keep cool all our baby food which I brought with me for the week ( handy tip for those with young ones ).
We found the food in the restaurant exquisite. There was a wonderful choice of fish, chicken and salads, just what we like. Our fuzzy eater four year old had mastered by day two what he was going to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff were amazing. Our table had highchair placed at the end of it ready and waiting for us by day two. The restaurant had a lovely relaxing vibe to it, and we found it spotlessly clean. The restaurant manager Waleed was the most kind, generous and hardworking gentleman, who made sure that during our holiday we could enjoy meals and relax.
The beach and the whole setting was just fabulous. On our second night there, we had a beach party. I never forget dancing Gangnam style after the sun had gone down barefooted on the sand, mind you, there was only a handful of us there! The animation team in this hotel are just ace. Kimo, the friendliest guy on earth! Linn who runs the kids club, beautiful and lovely! They organised amazing entertainment with their team every night, my four year old had the best time ever!
I said I would not write here with my review as I thought to keep this place to ourselves. However, it needs to be shared with thoses who appreciate this kind of a place: christal clear waters, safe sandy beach, everything on your doorstep, easy relaxing holiday, amazing setting and peace and quiet!
The only down side in the mosquitos and flies, but next time I would just pack more repellant!

Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our overall experience was excellent. My 2 children aged 9 & 10 had a wonderful time. Lots of activities to keep them busy.
The weather was kind to us, but make sure you get up early if you're travelling in the winter months as the sun sets by 5 and it can get quite chilly.
The rooms and balconies were adequate, but on the small side with limited storage facilities.
The food is good, but repetitive.
We were surprised at the large number of staff, everyone was accommodating and eager to help.
I'm sure you can get a cheaper deal in other hotels, but if you want a guaranteed, all inclusive relaxing break with children, then this is ideal.

1 Thank C C

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I went to this hotel after reading a lot of super positive feedback on this hotel on Trip advisor. I'm actually suspicious that a number of these reviews must be fake.

The hotel is one of the most expensive hotels in Dahab, charging over 10 times a night compared to some of the other places you can stay in this diving town.

Compared to other hotels we've stayed in - in Sinai this one is pretty poor value for money.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank notmyrealname1
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guests,

Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail sherif.mahgoub@iberoteldahabeya.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travelled here in October half term with my 2 Boys. The hotel was smaller than we usually go to, but I found it to be very welcoming and a great benefit to us whilst staying here. It was safe, clean and everyone from staff to other holidaymakers were very friendly.

A special thanks to Chef Ragab. My son has to be on a gluten & dairy free diet and Chef Ragab reassured us he could provide this for our stay. For this reason we would come back as it was good to know they were taking such good care of us.

My children loved the animation team ,Mizo, Line, Kimo and Mahoo. I have stayed at the Sheraton in el Gouna & Hilton Fayrouz in Sharm but my children & I felt this was the best hotel out of the 3 we have stayed at in Egypt.

Travelling with my children on my own I felt safe in Dahab and was never hassled unlike Sharm. We were allowed to stay in the room later at no extra charge too! Very handy for late flights.

Hopefully we will return at Easter!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family